• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

I bought SSX, Borderlands 2, a Zojirushi, rented Joe Versus the Volcano, TellTale's Walking Dead Season 1, Depression Quest, The Metal Gear Collection, and built my own PC because of GB.

justjim89

The last game I bought cause of GB is The Witness, which I hated. But on the other hand, Danswers motivated me into losing weight, and now I'm down 60 pounds. So there's that.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody have experience with plugging a PC in a TV? I never actually done it and now that I have a TV, I'd like to play some of my games on my big 50".

I have a 770 card with 2 monitors plugged in right now (The main monitor is a 1080p screen and the second one is a 1680X1050 screen). The TV is also 1080p.

What would be the easiest way to do it? I assume to use the HDMI plug on the card (I'm not using it right now).

How does Windows react to having a third monitor plugged in? I think ideally I'd love to mirror the main monitor to the TV since I don't really need a 3 screen extended resolution.

The one constant of wrestling fans, from what I gather, is that they all hate wrestling.
3. I heard he first one is like a rhythm game lol

It actually kinda is.

When you know what they were working with (Bioware's Aurora Engine--used for Neverwinter Nights) a whole lot of the game's original problems make a whole lot of sense. Like long load times, an Aurora specialty for maps of any size or detail (the Witcher used both).

As an aside, it really is ironic that Bioware indirectly made their greatest threat.

Demoskinos

Its interesting going back and listening to older bombcasts now. Just from the sense of hearing how the guys vocabularies have changed in the way they use words and address situations.

FluxWaveZ

How many years are we gonna have to wait until GB does do a video of them talking over old conferences? The idea's been talked about for so long now, and I've been thinking about it again after watching some "talk over" 2015 conference videos. Those are fun. I guess there's the element that their reactions are from a point of ignorance, which would be lost by looking at conferences where they knew what happened.

The last game El Bomba Gigante sold me on was Luckslinger.

Its interesting going back and listening to older bombcasts now. Just from the sense of hearing how the guys vocabularies have changed in the way they use words and address situations.

Same with their old videos where I catch them regurgitating PR reguarding industry trends here and there. Those were dark times, now we got Devil Daggers and line puzzle games and shit.

How many years are we gonna have to wait until GB does do a video of them talking over old conferences? The idea's been talked about for so long now, and I've been thinking about it again after watching some "talk over" 2015 conference videos. Those are fun. I guess there's the element that their reactions are from a point of ignorance, which would be lost by looking at conferences where they knew what happened.

Maybe they're trying to find the best quality videos of those past conferences rather than just roll up a YouTube archive? I wonder if game sites back in the day actually had absurd-quality video files for games press conferences or things like that Nintendo Revolution (which became the Wii) video that introduced the controller.

I really want to see a video of the GB crew watching back-to-back the Sega Saturn E3 conference where they went "IT'S OUT TODAY" and the Sony PS1 E3 conference where they just said, "
Two Hundred and Ninety-Nine Dollars
."

TraBuch

Banned
But the loss of ignorance is offset by the gain in knowledge. The videos might not be as funny, but I could see them being a lot more interesting. I'm sure they know shit loads of stories about a lot of these titles and moments and why stuff happened.

Brad or Jeff that said something to the effect of, after a while the conferences bleed together. We may remember It's Ridge Racer, EXTREEEEME, Wii Music, J Allard sitting on stage in his hoodie blazer combo. But I couldn't tell you what happened at Sony E3 2007. Heck, I couldn't tell you what happened at Microsoft E3 2015.

I want their reaction to the nightmare future of Eyedentify

FluxWaveZ

But the loss of ignorance is offset by the gain in knowledge. The videos might not be as funny, but I could see them being a lot more interesting. I'm sure they know shit loads of stories about a lot of these titles and moments and why stuff happened.

Oh, I fully agree. It's part of what makes Demo Derby so compelling.

The last game I bought cause of GB is The Witness, which I hated. But on the other hand, Danswers motivated me into losing weight, and now I'm down 60 pounds. So there's that.

Last game for me was Devil Daggers on Friday.

And it is glorious.

Congrats on the weight loss. I lost 40 pounds last year so I know how good it feels.

Brad or Jeff that said something to the effect of, after a while the conferences bleed together. We may remember It's Ridge Racer, EXTREEEEME, Wii Music, J Allard sitting on stage in his hoodie blazer combo. But I couldn't tell you what happened at Sony E3 2007. Heck, I couldn't tell you what happened at Microsoft E3 2015.

I want their reaction to the nightmare future of Eyedentify

Sony E3 2007:

Jack Tretton hugs Chewbacca (or a very convincing cosplayer) as they display the slim PSP
Also IT WAS JACK TRETTON'S FIRST E3
Phil Harrison does some song-and-dance with Home of taking a picture of the E3 audience and that photo appearing in a frame in his Home space
Killzone 2 actual game footage

... Those are the only moment-y moments that I can remember, but maybe that was also Sony reacting to E3 2006 and trying to not repeat that.

Oh God. You know what would be the absolute best?

GB crew, all as one, watching Konami E3 2010.

so1337

Is this the address? It shows up when I enter CBSI New York or CNET New York.

28 E 28th St #10, New York, NY 10016, United States

This got posted in the Zuckerberg thread:
nswA9xm.png

jaina

Can anyone post or PM me the address of the Beast cats? I'd like to send them a little something.
Is this the address? It shows up when I enter CBSI New York or CNET New York.

28 E 28th St #10, New York, NY 10016, United States
yeah this is correct.

CBS Interactive
28 East 28th St.
New York, NY 10016
But remember you technically have to send it to their office manager who I think is named Ella, so make sure you send it to Vinny care of Ella.

sorry

edit: a confirmation from Vinny

What do we call a congregation of VR

A term to describe it

My funny bone is dead right now so the best I got is 'Virginal Recreators'..

AcridMeat

Banned
Should I get a graphics card now or wait until the Fall for the new cards? I really need a new card (560ti) and would like to get another monitor with it.
I bought SSX, Borderlands 2, a Zojirushi, rented Joe Versus the Volcano, TellTale's Walking Dead Season 1, Depression Quest, The Metal Gear Collection, and built my own PC because of GB.
Whoa you're not banned anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom