• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
B0gm5GOCYAAgamy.jpg

shane-mcmahon.jpg

anyone else see it? no?

Mr. F

Banned
Ubisoft is usually on point with this stuff but Primal's UI looks kind of ugly.

Side note; I really hope GBeast goes back to Blues & Bullets someday, rewatched the Quick Look and forgot how weird that thing is.

NYHorn36

For some reason I can't change the quality of videos once I start them, and I can't skip ahead or pause or anything. The scroll bar is gone completely. I'm on Chrome. Anybody ever have this problem? Did I accidentally click on something?

Bacon

For some reason I can't change the quality of videos once I start them, and I can't skip ahead or pause or anything. The scroll bar is gone completely. I'm on Chrome. Anybody ever have this problem? Did I accidentally click on something?

Yeah I just experienced this problem tonight as well

Mr. F

Banned
Really? To me Ubisoft has the worst UI design in the business.

Actually no, yeah. You're totally right. Running down a list on Wikipedia there's far more bad than good (The Crew's pseudo graffiti shit was horrible).

I was thinking specifically of some of the Assassin's Creeds, Far Cry 4, and The Division. I've been reading the style guides for some of their games as reference for a project at work and the thinking and rationale behind the UI is really well considered most of the time, but a lot of it goes to shit in implementation. (The Division in particular seemed really promising with its Augmented Reality-minded interface, for example, but its execution in the real game is totally overblown and distracting)

Megasoum

Banned
I really don't mind Ubisoft's UI normally (I think Far Cry is fine) but man The Division has a BUSY UI... I'm completely lost in it, it's terrible.

Is anyone having issues with GB's video player today? It isn't tracking time in the timebar (it just stays completely grey), I can't skip ahead, and a can't select any quality settings today. Was fine yesterday.

Is anyone having issues with GB's video player today? It isn't tracking time in the timebar (it just stays completely grey), I can't skip ahead, and a can't select any quality settings today. Was fine yesterday.

I'm glad it's not just me. I thought it went back to the old days of GB's player being a contender for hottest mess.

It can't seem to remember my previous format or place anymore (HTML5 HQ, for instance) and the progress/quality bars are completely gone for all videos, which means I can't change quality or time in a video. It's a bummer.

LiK

Player has been freezing or loading videos slowly in HTML HD settings. Hope they fix it cuz it's been frustrating to watch the longer videos.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, also got dustforce because of giantbomb, and it turned out to be the greatest platformer I've ever played.
IIRC chat during that UPF mentioned the Devil Daggers dev was the guy that made Dustforce's engine. As a side project while they worked on their other game.

I should really just look it up, but instead I'll pull a Rorie and say I'm probably wrong, so nevermind.
I immediately thought of Hitbox' new game when I saw Devil Daggers, that makes so much sense. But what's up with that game? Pretty sure they were streaming gameplay like 2 years ago. It looked like a Quake 3 with wizards or something.

Anyway, happy for those guys, I was a little worried.

edit: Yup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoJz2xEfY8

tumblr_my4spj2In51s3b9x9o2_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom