• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pay a lot of money for a Timesplitters 2 HD remaster
I'd love a Timesplitters 2 + 3 remaster, I'd even settle for them going on the PS4 as classics at this point. I'm still hoping that the multiplayer remake thing some ex Free Radical people were working on actually comes out.
Synder is only as good as the material he is working with. Even then, that Watchmem ending was and still is a total wtf given how it played out in the comics.

So really, the only good movies he's made are 300 and the Dawn remake.
But both of those movies aren't good.

What if it's free to play with card based trick system.

I would take a smaller scale level based Skate game if it had the same controls.

Even the old Skate Demos are great to play and skate around a spot because the controls are so good.

But the big question. If EA made Skate 4 do you think they try and get Tony Hawk in it now his Activision deal is over?

But both of those movies aren't good.

Well i meant good as in i actually didn't actively hate them. They were fine, no one is holding their breath anticipating a criterion collection release of either film

I think the ending works fine. They couldn't get all the subplots into the film and I think it was still able to get the point across that the comics had.

the ending doesn't make sense from a ideological standpoint, especially if youre going into it knowing the reasoning behind why the ending is what it is in the graphic novel. It wouldn't have taken a whole lot of time on film, hell the comics basically show how the creature is developed over a span of like 1-2 panels in the final comics until it ends. You could've cut the hallelujah part in half and still had ample time to explain the exploding kaiju ending.

LiK

I didn't hear, was just something that seemed to make sense after they started reading the EA comments.

The Smallville fight is the one and only good thing about Man of Steel.

final fight with Zod was great. best live-action DBZ fight scene including taking off heavy armor scene. ;)

Xater

the ending doesn't make sense from a ideological standpoint, especially if youre going into it knowing the reasoning behind why the ending is what it is in the graphic novel. It wouldn't have taken a whole lot of time on film, hell the comics basically show how the creature is developed over a span of like 1-2 panels in the final comics until it ends. You could've cut the hallelujah part in half and still had ample time to explain the exploding kaiju ending.

The whole point was uniting earth against a common enemy. The ending achieved that. That's why I did not any problem with that. It doesn't matter if that enemy is a made up alien race or Doctor Manhattan. Also the subplot with the people, being kidnapped was a bit more involved than a couple of panels. There was also lots of stuff about that in the pages of the newspapers you get to read.

The whole point was uniting earth against a common enemy. The ending achieved that. That's why I did not any problem with that. It doesn't matter if that enemy is a made up alien race or Doctor Manhattan. Also the subplot with the people, being kidnapped was a bit more involved than a couple of panels. There was also lots of stuff about that in the pages of the newspapers you get to read.

but why would the russians give two shits about an american science project gone wrong? Manhattan has been giving them shit for decades by then and if it wipes out the USA then so be it. He's been the golden boy for american since his inception, he represents their biggest enemy. I'm not buying a scenario where they shrug and buy into america's fear of having lost control of him, at least not immediately after they declare that he's gone rogue and killed a city full of people for reasons. I'd assume they'd be incredibly skeptical at the very least.

An exploding kaiju of alien origin makes much more sense wrt uniting the world. It has no ideology, it has no history of stomping USA's opposition to smithereens, it's a neutral foreign force that has just wiped out a chunk of one of the biggest cities in the world and there's possibly more of them coming.

So yeah, maybe the film's ending works for some but it doesn't work nearly as well as the comic's ending and kinda doesn't work that well on its own, either. I can go on at length about this because that ending has bugged me since the script of Watchmen leaked like a decade ago but i dont think i'm going to change any minds here.

Xater

but why would the russians give two shits about an american science project gone wrong? Manhattan has been giving them shit for decades by then and if it wipes out the USA then so be it. He's been the golden boy for american since his inception, he represents their biggest enemy. I'm not buying a scenario where they shrug and buy into america's fear of having lost control of him, at least not immediately after they declare that he's gone rogue and killed a city full of people for reasons.

An exploding kaiju of alien origin makes much more sense wrt uniting the world. It has no ideology, it has no history of stomping USA's opposition to smithereens, it's a neutral foreign force that has just wiped out a chunk of one of the biggest cities in the world and there's possibly more of them coming.

So yeah, maybe the film's ending works for some but it doesn't work nearly as well as the comic's ending and kinda doesn't work that well on its own, either. I can go on at length about this because that ending has bugged me since the script of Watchmen leaked like a decade ago but i dont think i'm going to change any minds here.

I prefer how it plays out in the comic, but like I said I don't have as much an issue with it. The change was made to not have another subplot to worry about and because they still wanted to somehow reach a wider audience. They feared it was to much to make a fake alien approach out of nowhere. I get that. Comic trope wise it wasn't all that weird, in movies back then it would have been. I think today they would not shy away from it because of that. Now everyone is used to superheroes, mythological beings and aliens being together in one thing.

Edit: I forgot what it's called but back when the movie came out there was this script writing podcast during which David Hayter explains these things.

The ending is definitely worse but it makes sense from the angle of trying to make your film more appealing to audiences. I have more of an issue with the final Doc Manhattan and Rorschach scene.

LiK

I've tried on 3 different occasions to read comics, but I just can't do it. My brain either wants to watch a visual thing or read a book.

I can read comics more than books these days. the last book I read was the last HP book. good stuff but I really have no interest in reading books these days.

I can read comics more than books these days. the last book I read was the last HP book. good stuff but I really have no interest in reading books these days.

I really wish I could read and enjoy them! Like I said, I've tried multiple times to get into it. I can't imagine not reading books though.

LiK

I really wish I could read and enjoy them! Like I said, I've tried multiple times to get into it. I can't imagine not reading books though.

I think a standalone graphic novel is a good place to start. I can't really get into ongoing stuff. I might check out some stuff if the art is really nice as well. but I have to say that most comics still have the most cringeworthy dialogue and people still love it for some reason.

Frith

i like meta jokes about comics and the newer breed of biographical stuff (i assume its newer don't really know enough to say that stuff like persopolis, an epic search for truth that kind of thing)

that vaguely related to topic sentence was just an excuse to post some dorismccomics

tumblr_nwoxv4JSE01qh0oogo1_1280.png

Jintor

A) BTAS is fucking amazing. The whole DCAU is amazing, except for the bit where Bruce creepily shacked up with Barbara and how everyone he ever loved gets #rekt

B) BvS looks like shit

C) Watchmen was an okay movie but one of the coolest things I always loved about the comics is that relentless comic panelling. It's so cool.

Xater

C) Watchmen was an okay movie but one of the coolest things I always loved about the comics is that relentless comic panelling. It's so cool.

Watchmen is one of those comics which not only is amazing because of the story, but also because of it#s structure. just marvelous work all around. The last thing I read where I felt the structure was as important as everything else was probably this great graphic novel:

51IQ3yKaefL.jpg

I can't read or even listen to the audiobook versions of fiction these days. I get restless and just can't do it. I read a lot of non-fiction though, even though it's in theory even more boring.

I do love manga though

I can't read or even listen to the audiobook versions of fiction these days. I get restless and just can't do it. I read a lot of non-fiction though, even though it's in theory even more boring.

I do love manga though

For some reason once I fell out of the routine of reading Manga it feels absolutely impossible to go back to.

demidar

I'd love it if Timesplitters came back.

I have fond memories of being scared out of my babby mind at the first part of the zombie level.

I wonder what Kickstarter typewriter Austin is talking about in the Californium QL?

I did a bit of snooping and saw this...

MGgHHKRl.jpg

...which is a Bluetooth Keyboard.

I want this well made dumb thing!

LiK

I wonder what Kickstarter typewriter Austin is talking about in the Californium QL?

I did a bit of snooping and saw this...

MGgHHKRl.jpg

...which is a Bluetooth Keyboard.

I want this well made dumb thing!

whoa, if it's metal, I want.

edit: ugh, $350? no thanks

Unreal Tournament 99 has my favourite rocket launcher. A lot of different firing modes and homing too.
I've tried on 3 different occasions to read comics, but I just can't do it. My brain either wants to watch a visual thing or read a book.
I don't read comics much (and I read way too little overall) but I like the concept of X-Men so I've bought some individual story archs on Comixology. Takes like 15 minutes to read through one so I don't have time to get bored.

justjim89

I don't know, I've never exactly been a Halo guy so it's probably just me, but that Halo demo looked pretty boring and repetitive. All the environments seemed like they repeated.

Bacon

I don't know, I've never exactly been a Halo guy so it's probably just me, but that Halo demo looked pretty boring and repetitive. All the environments seemed like they repeated.

I'm not a halo guy by any means but that game came out in 01 and was just the first one. It was pretty groundbreaking at the time for console shooters but it obviously doesn't hold up to today's standards.

LiK

was amazing for the time. the AI still holds up. it was many people's first console FPS so it was pretty revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom