• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

What are they talking about on that podcast? I need to knowx

"Today we're happy to finally announce our next project, and we hope you're ready for a new journey. We're leaving behind the dimension of sight and mind and focusing on sound. There's this band named AFI that you might be familiar with; I'm a big fan and Jeff Cork has never heard them in his life. As the ultimate audio odd couple, we're going to discuss every album that the band released and note the changes along the way. We apologize to those of you that were expecting another classic sci-fi TV show, but even if you don't know or like the band we think that this will be an approachable way to have a weekly general discussion of evolving bands and musical taste."

sticker_400w.jpg

justjim89

GTA is definitely a boat I missed out on by being a Nintendo boy. They didn't interest me at the time, but then I played the Godfather and Scarface GTA clones on Wii and was like "Holy shit, these games are amazing!"

Patrick's memory of how the RNG seeds worked in Enemy Unknown is completely off. I'm going to now give Match 3 a 1/5 review to teach him a lesson

What did he say about it? I was under the impression that both games did not randomize the seed if you loaded, so it was impossible to keep loading until you hit a 10% shot or whatever (though there was a Second Wave option to enable that in EU).

I like the transition in DD where they're making fun of the video verdict section, to the realization that they've written the same garbage, back to making fun of it again

someone should make an acoustic cover of lockdown

please no, and if anybody starts reaching for their ukulele I will find where you live and set something you love on fire

Kimaka

PS2 had the best games library in the history of games. Gamecube had a solid dozen games and I'm sure there was something worth buying the original Xbox for but I never found it.

The only reason I wanted an Xbox back then was for Halo, but it ended up having some great games that the others didn't like Kotor, Jedi Academy, Morrowind, Phantom Dust, and Fable.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The only reason I wanted an Xbox back then was for Halo, but it ended up having some great games that the others didn't like Kotor, Jedi Academy, Morrowind, Phantom Dust, and Fable.

That gen was the last time I had a decent gaming PC until recently, so maybe that (along with a raging indifference towards Halo) is why I have no fondness whatsoever for the Xbox.

What did he say about it? I was under the impression that both games did not randomize the seed if you loaded, so it was impossible to keep loading until you hit a 10% shot or whatever (though there was a Second Wave option to enable that in EU).

You're right, that's exactly how it was unless you ticked off an option in the Second Wave section of the Enemy Within expansion. But he recalled it being the opposite, where you can reload a save to have the RNG reroll.

I'm telling you, i just don't know about this kid

Kimaka

That gen was the last time I had a decent gaming PC until recently, so maybe that (along with a raging indifference towards Halo) is why I have no fondness whatsoever for the Xbox.

Yeah. I didn't have a gaming PC then or was even aware that many of those games came out on PC. Looking back, getting an Xbox while having a PC then does seem redundant.

jaina

Did Sony ever have the opportunity to buy Rockstar?

Take2 bought them in 1998, and there probably was no opportunity to buy them out afterwards
http://design.designmuseum.org/design/rockstar-games said:
Rockstar Games was founded in 1998 by Sam Houser and Terry Donovan, friends since school in London, with Sam’s brother Dan. The following year Rockstar acquired DMA Design, the Edinburgh-based video games developer now named Rockstar North with which it had collaborated on the development of the Grand Theft Auto games series. Together they began work on the next titles in the series, including Grand Theft Auto III, which sold eight million copies after its launch in 2001.
[...]
A. Rockstar Games was founded in December 1998, by Sam Houser, Terry Donovan, Jamie King and myself. We had all previously been working at BMG (the music group). Sam, Jamie and myself at BMG Interactive, the video games publishing division, and Terry at Arista Records. BMG Interactive was sold by BMG to Take Two Interactive in 1998, and we all moved to New York. Having had success in the UK with the first Grand Theft Auto game and some other titles, but entering the US market with neither the reputation nor the resources to compete with the major players, we set out to do something different.

This would be a perfect scenario to use a Steam controller. Better to control, better to watch.

I wanna say that vinny mentioned recently that he using it more but i dont remember where i heard that.

it's like the perfect controller for him, though. So many options, tweaks, configurations, etc make it a fun toy for someone who enjoys that kind of stuff

I wanna say that vinny mentioned recently that he using it more but i dont remember where i heard that.

it's like the perfect controller for him, though. So many options, tweaks, configurations, etc make it a fun toy for someone who enjoys that kind of stuff

I reeaaally hope he gives it another try. So many people never got over the initial learning curve of it, and that's such a shame. The SC is so much better now than when it first came out. Hell, they added rumble today via a firmware update.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Austin keeps ignoring the "start a fire over there" button that is the flare gun. I need to install FarCry 2 and buy a flare gun...

omgkitty

Maybe putting this on a hard difficulty when the game is already frustrating on normal difficulty wasn't a good idea. I'm kinda half watching, but has he done anything besides get killed like 4 times yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom