• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the difference between Alex and Vinny.

Alex: "That was your dude!!!!"

Vinny: "Did you just kill that zebra with your door?"

Vinny, caring about the cool shit.

L3n3NnV.gif

daydream

Banned
only watched the time splitters 2 and crash segments of the new demo derby so far and they alone prove why it's best feature

so good

the gun jamming is great, it really makes you cautious about going rambo at people.

I think i need to play Far Cry 2 again but with some sort of mod that either makes the checkpoints take a long ass time to respawn or completely eliminate them. It's the only real flaw the game has

the gun jamming is great, it really makes you cautious about going rambo at people.

I think i need to play Far Cry 2 again but with some sort of mod that either makes the checkpoints take a long ass time to respawn or completely eliminate them. It's the only real flaw the game has

If you find one, let me know. I keep finding mods that do that... and then a whole bunch of other bullshit I don't care about. like every joker has his perfect vision of the game instead of people making different modules you could install.

If you find one, let me know. I keep finding mods that do that... and then a whole bunch of other bullshit I don't care about. like every joker has his perfect vision of the game instead of people making different modules you could install.

yeah, looking over at ModDB and the Steam forums it does seem that there isn't really any mod for that, just a bunch of mods where they add a ton of shit i dont care for and change a bunch of things that i dont want changed

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I missed the start, what's the idea? this isn't a New Game is it? Are they just dicking around?

Sky Saw

Banned
It sucks the Max Payne demo didn't work on demo derby, One of the best games ever right there. The Xbox port was pretty good too unlike the PS2 one. But yea PC was the way to go.

Managed Livestream has failed me. I was only 20 minutes behind!

does it not work anymore? I know that i recently had issues with the managed livestream not loading after the fact too.

wonder if its only an east coast thing because it worked the other day just fine after UPF

It sucks the Max Payne demo didn't work on demo derby, One of the best games ever right there. The Xbox port was pretty good too unlike the PS2 one. But yea PC was the way to go.

it played really well, 60 fps and everything.

Myggen

does it not work anymore? I know that i recently had issues with the managed livestream not loading after the fact too.

wonder if its only an east coast thing because it worked the other day just fine after UPF

Seems to be a GBEast thing, yeah. It usually works after West streams, hasn't worked after a GBEast stream in a while (at least when I've checked).

Catching up on Demo Derby now, fantastic episode. The Superman villains part especially.

justjim89

I think they hit the nail on the head in talking about the Hitman backstory in DD. It feels unnecessarily video-gamey as fuck. Dude can't just be a bad ass assassin, he has to be the genetically engineered greatest assassin to ever live with no emotions or sympathy. I fucking love the Hitman series, but to hear the backstory just flat out explained from point to point is so dumb.

I replayed Max Payne 2, I think last year? And it is still the goat.

MP2 might be Remedy's best game. It most certainly is the one where they went all in with their goofy TV show stuff. I need more Address Unknown!

I know some folks really like MP3 for how it plays but it really lost something once Remedy wasn't onboard.

Yeah same, it holds up pretty damn well for a game of that time. There's a couple of rough spots in level design and how you can go from full HP to dead in 0.5 seconds, but the shooting still feels really good, and the writing is still fucking DOPE.

There's some rough platforming sections and the game really loves reusing stages/assets too but, man, there's also a guy in a Captain Baseball Bat Boy outfit loaded with explosives in it, too.

Weetrick

There are GB and Gaf steam groups? I should probably join those.

I might already have. I don't look at the group tab of Steam that much.

I don't even know what you do with Steam groups TBH. I belong to a few but have never interacted within the group in any way. Maybe I should look into this and change.

Sky Saw

Banned
Max Payne 2 was also brilliant and improved on some things but it was WAY too short and left me cold. The original is the better package overall in my eyes.

Also on PC MP2 still looks fucking great..

justjim89

I got kinda pissed how in MP3 they wrote off MP2's story in like a single sentence with Max saying the stuff with Mona was just a mistake. Fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom