• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

The news about the Zero Escape room in LA made me finally go back and play this. Gave it a try forever ago and gave up for some reason.

there's a certain je ne sais qua... que... or whatever to that first game that has to grab you to pull you through it imho. It doesn't make itself super likable if you're not already inclined to its material.

Poor Patrick.

CcEbWp1XIAA3Yw-.jpg:large

Xater

Superhot bought from GMG. That game seems to be even better than what I expected. I would have been happy with just a polished version of their prototype with a lot of levels. Seems like they went the extra mile.

TraBuch

Banned
Ugh. Just saw a Far Cry Primal ad on TV where they showed clips of streamers playing the game with their faces in the corner and obnoxious commentary.

I hope this doesn't become a common way to advertise games.

Ugh. Just saw a Far Cry Primal ad on TV where they showed clips of streamers playing the game with their faces in the corner and obnoxious commentary.

they're trying to sell the game to teens.

Think about how teens consume games coverage and media

yeah, you know the answer to your own question dontcha?

Frith

they use streamers as 24/7 adverts with hindsight this was only a matter of time

Teens ruin everything!

but really, I wasn't hating on teens but just pointing out that they're mainly the folks that game companies try to advertise to and with that, they're going to advertise to them in ways they think will resonate with them. And streaming/streamers is a pretty smart way of going about it.

They're trying to sell this M rated game to teens? Fucking monsters should be ashamed of themselves.

not sure if serious but, yeah, that's how it's always been even back when magazines were a thing. Full page ads of M rated games all over the place for magazines that mostly were sold to teens and kids.

repeater

Mmm.. I hope we get Jeff's take on Rereresident Evil Rereleases on the next Bombcast.

I'd settle for a hot Reaction Video™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom