• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a lot of months lately where I just add everything on the webstore and don't even bother downloading anything. If you don't play online, ps+ isn't a great product anymore. I hope they announce some sort of overhaul in the near future.

I download the PS4 software and give them a couple minutes. Nova-111 is a game I hadn't heard of and ended up enjoying. On the other end, Helldivers was on my wishlist and learned that game isn't for me.

santeesioux

Making the PC my multiplayer gaming hub was one of the best gaming related things I've done, looking at the Playstation Plus lineup every month just reinforces that.

Man... this QL of SuperHot completely unsold me on that game. the whole old OS menu stuff is so overdone and boring compared to what I want... maybe it's just me, but man, I just want to play the real stuff, not hacking minigames.

Man... this QL of SuperHot completely unsold me on that game. the whole old OS menu stuff is so overdone and boring compared to what I want... maybe it's just me, but man, I just want to play the real stuff, not hacking minigames.

I mean they also have endless and challenge modes, but it's easier to just complain I guess

Megasoum

Banned
i mean, i would love for them to decrease the amount of games if that's what it takes. having to find 6 games every month, 2 per platform, must be difficult now that both the PS3 and Vita libraries have been winding down for a while.

Shit, they're giving Super Stardust HD and the Last Guy on the ps3. I forgot that one of those games existed and the other has to have been purchased by like 80% of the PS3 userbase over the years. And then there's reality fighters on the vita, a turd amongst turds.

If they came out and said, Two PS4 games a month and just one for PS3 and Vita with the promise that it will be a less-is-more approach then I would be okay with that. But I can't imagine that A) that would go down well with some folks and B) anyone would actually believe that they wouldn't just release 4 meh games a month instead.

and again, with MS actually putting out a somewhat competent lineup in comparison this month it makes this miserly PS+ look like what it is, and that's from someone who is actually looking forward to a couple of the PS+ games.

Agree... Also the fact that all the 360 games on GWG are now Back Compatible is huge for me. I never had a Vita and I'm hoping to never have to plug my 360/ps3 again ever so for me PS+ really is just those PS4 games.

I'm assuming that the ratio of mandatory OS stuff-to-gameplay is much lower than that small five-minute slice at the beginning of the QL made it seem.

I just got a new X55 back from Saitek. Now I'm not sure what to do with it, since I replaced it with a full CH Products set, stick, throttle and pedals. I should probably sell it but part of me wants to keep it. Really, can you have too many HOTASes?

I just got a new X55 back from Saitek. Now I'm not sure what to do with it, since I replaced it with a full CH Products set, stick, throttle and pedals. I should probably sell it but part of me wants to keep it. Really, can you have too many HOTASes?

I have no idea what any of that means so this sounds like something straight out of a William Gibson novel.

Frith

HOTAS+FOTAS

I haven't read the review yet, I was just blown away that about half of that QL was spent in a fake 80's OS and the lolz speak instantly turned me off. I wasn't expecting that at all. And hey, it might just not be my cup of tea, and that's fine, but it bummed me out, because I was really looking forward to it. Maybe I'll wait for the price to drop a bit and then just lookup how to get past all of that stuff and get into the real game, because I just really don't like that type of nostalgic arcane OS stuff and the filters that try to make it look like a glowing CRT

killroy87

I haven't read the review yet, I was just blown away that about half of that QL was spent in a fake 80's OS and the lolz speak instantly turned me off. I wasn't expecting that at all. And hey, it might just not be my cup of tea, and that's fine, but it bummed me out, because I was really looking forward to it. Maybe I'll wait for the price to drop a bit and then just lookup how to get past all of that stuff and get into the real game, because I just really don't like that type of nostalgic arcane OS stuff and the filters that try to make it look like a glowing CRT

I think it was just a bad slice. The Mario & Luigi QL was similarly poor, literally half of it was spent on the weakest sections of the game (which dan even admitted made up only a small percentage of the overall experience).

justjim89

I'm re-listening to the post Wrestlemania XXX Powerbombcast currently (crazy that was two years ago, Dan wasn't even with GB yet) and it's odd in a way to listen back to them immediately reacting to what at this point is one of the more historic Wrestlemania's. They're talking about the streak ending at this point, and it's reminding me how crazy a show that was. Although they're also speaking with great hope about Daniel Bryan's title reign, which is such a fucking bummer.

Dan's story of watching people step in horse poop for two nights is some Grade A Dan stuff, before a lot of us even really knew what that meant.

I think it was just a bad slice. The Mario & Luigi QL was similarly poor, literally half of it was spent on the weakest sections of the game (which dan even admitted made up only a small percentage of the overall experience).

yeah, that's true. I'm sure I'll end up getting it at some point, if my steam library is any account for that. I just didn't expect what I saw, nor did I expect it to not phase anyone else. Everyone else sounds like they love that idea and it just seemed to me that people would have groaned at the idea of some weird fake os hacking stuff in that game. But Jeff and Drew and everyone here seems to love that idea. Maybe I just need to stop judging it without actually trying it myself.

Frith

i hate when things that are fun and good get called out for a please stop.

if anything has any character at all it can be noticed and as soon as you notice something it starts a ticking clock till its not cool.

its seems like the only thing thats ok is the never-ending search for just looking like real life

trends happen sure but it seems like everything is "over" the second its started

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It feels like it's so out of place in that game.

That's the only time I've seen it where it didn't make sense in the overall presentation of the game. The previous menus were clearly placeholders so maybe this is just a different placeholder, but it's pretty weird.

It didn't help that Dan was so bad at that Toad stuff. It took me about five minutes to do all three of those when I played it. Five minutes out of a 25 hour game, and it's most of the quick look.

man this 3DS region stuff is hot bullshit. I just wanna play Picross

Yes, it's garbage, but I'm fairly certain Picross 3D is coming soonish. It was rated in Germany or one of those other Europe places recently and the game has very little text to translate.

i just realized that Patrick has been putting out more movie related podcasts in the last couple of months than the former screened crew has in years.

Sure, it's only horror related but i thought that was interesting
On the other hand I didn't really like that podcast all that much.

the screened podcast or patrick's horror podcast?

I thought screened worked when it wasn't a skype thing. Maybe it would be better if there were more people in the podcast, kinda like how the powerbombcast works well with a large crew? Maybe do it once every couple of months or something?

I dunno, just that thought popped into my head while casually listening to patrick's podcast

Megasoum

Banned
I'm not the one to complain about that stuff normally but 25$ sure sound a bit on the expensive side of the spectrum when talking about SuperHot. Jeff said you finish the story mode in only a couple of hours. Sure there's endless mode but still...

Bowlie

Banned
I'm not the one to complain about that stuff normally but 25$ sure sound a bit on the expensive side of the spectrum when talking about SuperHot. Jeff said you finish the story mode in only a couple of hours. Sure there's endless mode but still...

well, it depends on your playstyle. If you're someone who loves challenge and survival modes in games, and loves to replay levels over and over to get a better score, then it's fine.

I was super excited for SUPERHOT but since I do not care about these things I'll wait for a sale.

edit: wasn't Assault Suit Leynos expensive too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom