• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a new discussion in the rotation: RE6 is one of the better TPS from last gen.
I played it for the first time last year. Still an amazing game.

Or maybe it was the year before? I don't know, time is weird.
I was going to play the PC version sometime in the next month or so but I'll probably wait for the PS4 version at this point.

Geeze, having to dig through a fake old-timey OS for a password to play the actual fun part of Superhot seems like the worst.

A while ago I postulated that games would quickly overdo the retro computer-interface menu bullshit. I think it might be happening even faster than I expected.

your best bet for Quake is Brad, so lol, good luck. BUT, maybe someone could get Danny to try to do something with UT?
I think Danny also called Brad out on twitter or tumblr and said that he was better at Quake. Basically, Danny needs to start producing more GB premium content.

LiK

I know Thursday Night Throwdown had its ups and downs, but I really miss it as a way for them to play multiplayer games for a more extended period.

it was fun to actrually play with them altho Ryan was in charge of it back then cuz he absolutely loved playing games with the community.

I know Thursday Night Throwdown had its ups and downs, but I really miss it as a way for them to play multiplayer games for a more extended period.
It was similar to UPF, when they had something that they actually really wanted to play it was solid but when they just played whatever was new it was often pretty boring.

Robaperas

I was thinking how awesome would be
for me
to see Drew and Dan play Dirt Rally, with Dan being the co-driver, or the other way around for maximum laughs.

it was fun to actrually play with them altho Ryan was in charge of it back then cuz he absolutely loved playing games with the community.
It was cool! I remember playing Battlefield 3 with them and somebody (might have been Ryan) running for his life from me firing from a helicopter. So fun.
It was similar to UPF, when they had something that they actually really wanted to play it was solid but when they just played whatever was new it was often pretty boring.

Yeah it definitely wasn't great every week.

[EDIT] It was probably Bad Company 2.

TraBuch

Banned
The TNT highs were as high as any content on GB. But the lows were pretty bad.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this pretty much describes UPF, too.

Real happy to see Super Hot went full on crazy.

The basic "time moves when you move" thing was super cool but its great they didnt just make a game around that and be a one trick pony and went nuts with the meta stuff.

kAmui-

are getting a mario party party soon?

would love if GBeast did one for a change

First west will play through all the Mario Party games. Then east will do the same. After that the two best players from each side will battle to determine who's the real Giant Bomb Mario Party Party champion.

That PS+ thread sure is getting ugly.

Galak-Z and Flame Over are good games and broforce, while being ancient on PC, is not bad, either.

But yeah, it comes on the same month that MS is putting out 2 retail XB1 games. People are starting to get tired of the perception that Sony is going cheap with their PS+ picks, something that if you look at half of their offerings for the month is hard to deny.

That PS+ thread sure is getting ugly.

Cant be as ugly as the PS+ games lineup can it?

oooooooohh-o.gif

I wonder if the larger PS+ userbase now makes it hard for Sony to get "big" games on PS+.

Now PS+ is mandatory a lot of people have it so developers probably need to be compensated more. Back on PS3 it was a optional side service which had a decent number of members but I think it was less then 5 million back then

tuxfool

Banned
Galak-Z and Flame Over are good games and broforce, while being ancient on PC, is not bad, either.

But yeah, it comes on the same month that MS is putting out 2 retail XB1 games. People are starting to get tired of the perception that Sony is going cheap with their PS+ picks, something that if you look at half of their offerings for the month is hard to deny.

They need calm that lot down by providing Knack next month.

E0Kqvw9.gif

Wunder

In general I agree, but there were some great community games too.

not worth bringing back the feature for. I'd much rather them resurrect TNT as a dedicated couch co-op or "challenge" style show where they play new local co-op games or have grudge matches like Jason vs Dan in Soul Caliber. Or Jason vs Dan in anything.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I mean if Sony is going to be putting short, forgettable experiences on PSN, they may as well put The Order on there and placate some of the angry idiots.

There have been a lot of months lately where I just add everything on the webstore and don't even bother downloading anything. If you don't play online, ps+ isn't a great product anymore. I hope they announce some sort of overhaul in the near future.

i mean, i would love for them to decrease the amount of games if that's what it takes. having to find 6 games every month, 2 per platform, must be difficult now that both the PS3 and Vita libraries have been winding down for a while.

Shit, they're giving Super Stardust HD and the Last Guy on the ps3. I forgot that one of those games existed and the other has to have been purchased by like 80% of the PS3 userbase over the years. And then there's reality fighters on the vita, a turd amongst turds.

If they came out and said, Two PS4 games a month and just one for PS3 and Vita with the promise that it will be a less-is-more approach then I would be okay with that. But I can't imagine that A) that would go down well with some folks and B) anyone would actually believe that they wouldn't just release 4 meh games a month instead.

and again, with MS actually putting out a somewhat competent lineup in comparison this month it makes this miserly PS+ look like what it is, and that's from someone who is actually looking forward to a couple of the PS+ games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom