• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

how does he type? His fingertips are probably touching more than one key at a time.

medium.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I didn't like what you could see of the character model/animation, but it's not a big deal. Don't know if I love or hate the way he kinda just slaps stuff to interact with it.

demidar

That said, if Firewatch is as open as it looks, then I might pick it up. I looooooved Miasmata which was pretty much just an exploration simulator, except Firewatch has some narrative and banter.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's about a writer who is troubled by his inability to employ his craft due to his fat fingers.

So he is in search of the Firewatch, an ancient artifact that is watch that he can put on his wrist that will burn off the fat in his fingers.

It's very metaphorical.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The disgruntled writer learns to find his true passion, putting out fires with his unbeliebably fat and clumsy fingers

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
That said, if Firewatch is as open as it looks, then I might pick it up. I looooooved Miasmata which was pretty much just an exploration simulator, except Firewatch has some narrative and banter.

Miasmata is one of my favourite games of all time. I loved everything about exploring that island. The developers (two brothers) are apparently quietly working on something else and I can't wait to see what it is.

TraBuch

Banned
Jeff better Periscope his wedding. We all deserve to be there, we fucking made him. We're basically paying for the wedding.

Jeff better Periscope his wedding. We all deserve to be there, we fucking made him. We're basically paying for the wedding.

As a long time premium member of GB I am kind of insulting I didnt get a wedding invite. WTF Jeff.

Happy for that dude. Its been a real crazy decade for him so its nice to see him where is he today.

Miasmata is one of my favourite games of all time. I loved everything about exploring that island. The developers (two brothers) are apparently quietly working on something else and I can't wait to see what it is.

Oh shit you guys just reminded me about Miasmata. That was one of my favorite GB quick looks and I remember hoping afterwards that Drew and Patrick would go back to it.

SummitAve

Banned
Someone in the Firewatch thread that reviewed the game is implying that
there's no huge twist where she's a ghost or he's crazy or everything that's happening is just some little boy's imagination.

Thank god if true.

I don't understand posts like these. Having to spoiler tag it should be a massive red flag to probably not post it.

I don't understand posts like these. Having to spoiler tag it should be a massive red flag to probably not post it.

Actually it's for the people who are interested in the subject/problem and don't mind the spoiler, while keeping people who don't want to know from finding out. So it's fine, as I wanted to know!

Rainmaker

Banned
Actually it's for the people who are interested in the subject/problem and don't mind the spoiler, while keeping people who don't want to know from finding out. So it's fine, as I wanted to know!

Yeah. That's kind of what spoiler tags are for, right? Or am I missing something.

Zaph

Eh, in general it's not really a great idea to post spoilers for an unreleased game in an unrelated thread - too many people use spoiler tags comically and people end up clicking them without thinking.

TraBuch

Banned
Eh, in general it's not really a great idea to post spoilers for an unreleased game in an unrelated thread.

There was a big discussion about it yesterday, figured some people would wanna know. If not, I'll just edit the post.

SummitAve

Banned
Yeah. That's kind of what spoiler tags are for, right? Or am I missing something.

It can be vaguely stated. "Somebody who has finished the game has stated those concerns about the story are not true." If you want spoiler tagged discussion the firewatch thread is a good place. 99% of people won't even highlight and read those spoiler tags so having that as a base to your post is what confuses me because discussion is not what you're looking for at that point.

^^^I missed that discussion yesterday so I apologize for missing the context. No biggie.

so what ratcliff said before is seemingly on the money?

Massive congrats to the lucky 2 then :D

Also its episodes like this UPF why on one hand i miss Vinny being in the thick of everything west coast but East needs his guidance so...

Eh, in general it's not really a great idea to post spoilers for an unreleased game in an unrelated thread - too many people use spoiler tags comically and people end up clicking them without thinking.

Except you apply context to the post and realize that someone talking about a review is probably going to be a real thing.

Just don't click the tags if you're thinking it could be a thing related to something you like or don't want to know about.

Zaph

Except you apply context to the post and realize that someone talking about a review is probably going to be a real thing.

Just don't click the tags if you're thinking it could be a thing related to something you like or don't want to know about.

It's no big deal, but there's a reason why spoilers for unreleased media are banned in a lot of threads regardless of tags, it's just common courtesy. And it doesn't kill conversation, you could just so easily link to the appropriate thread, not all discussion has to be here.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Spoiler culture ruins discussions, we have the last two Bombcasts as proof. Let there be spoilers!

"Firewatch isn't related to Giantbomb"

what

the whole joke about what is firewatch came from giant bomb. They had a video about it yesterday. It is tangibly related to giant bomb.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Firewatch is about Harry Crane who was finally fired for being a gross asshole, so he went to the forest to watch fires.

Gurrry

After watching the UPF, theyre def in town for jeffs wedding.

Good for him man. The GB community sends mad love to you, Jeff! Hope you guys have a rad time! Congrats!

Well I don't think my laptop will run Xcom 2 without exploding so I think it might be time to dust off the 360 and finally pick up a copy of Enemy Within. I was kinda like the GB guys where I loved the original release but didn't feel the drive to go back to it when EW came out, enough time has passed now though that I think it'll be a fresh experience.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well I don't think my laptop will run Xcom 2 without exploding so I think it might be time to dust off the 360 and finally pick up a copy of Enemy Within. I was kinda like the GB guys where I loved the original release but didn't feel the drive to go back to it when EW came out, enough time has passed now though that I think it'll be a fresh experience.

But enemy within is so good! You can make chameleon skinned snipers who leap onto the top of a roof from the street and mech troopers who talk like robots and just blow everything up.

Zaph

But enemy within is so good! You can make chameleon skinned snipers who leap onto the top of a roof from the street and mech troopers who talk like robots and just blow everything up.

And it had a human-to-cyborg transformation cutscene, with makes it an automatic 5 stars. There needs to be a concept page for this (with quake 4 at the top ofc)

Oh yah, I look forward to playing it now! It's just that when it originally came out I passed on it cuz I wasn't super excited about it being additional content to the pre-existing campaign structure (which I felt like I was burnt out on after a few playthroughs that year).

xanavi

Man, I can't believe Jeff is getting married!

Who do you think would give the best wedding speech?

I'm going with Lang since I think he's the only one savage enough to roast the groom.

jeff should livestream the wedding and play commodore 64 during the best man's speech

I'm gonna be real disappointed if he doesn't use the Atari tape music in some fashion.

Oh yah, I look forward to playing it now! It's just that when it originally came out I passed on it cuz I wasn't super excited about it being additional content to the pre-existing campaign structure (which I felt like I was burnt out on after a few playthroughs that year).

I just played through EW for the first time and it's definitely worth a revisit. The MECs rule, the EXALT stuff is fun, and they've made some balance tweaks to abilities and aliens from the first game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom