• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

I made Drew, Jeff, Mary, Brad, and Danny for my XCOM 2 squad. With the limited creation tools, it's kinda hard to make anyone look like anyone. Especially brown-haired white dudes. Brad and Danny look nearly identical in my game. Might have to end up using props to differentiate them.

tumblr_o255ka3Cz61u5eu8ao1_1280.jpg

Drew is the only one to earn a promotion, so far.

Teddified

I played TR 2013 in the past weeks and really liked it. Now I'm waiting with ROTR until I have a better monitor and/or graphics card.
From your experience that sounds good, to have some distance between the two.

If your one to have series fatigue maybe, I don't usually get it and enjoyed both games a lot back to back.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, I'm surprised Jeff liked it so much. It's basically the same design of the first game just with some bigger "hub" areas. Also a bunch of crafting. I played the 2013 game just a few weeks ago too so maybe that is the reason I feel like this.

Yeah I thought the same thing, don't really see why you'd dislike the first one but like Rise, it's almost identical design-wise. I liked TR2013 better, but Rise is good.

I'm glad I didn't let them convince me. Every other opinion I've heard has been "It's like the last one, but a little better." And I thought the 2013 game was just a terrible pile of foul shit.

I suppose the only reason Leslie Moonves is visiting is because CBS is broadcasting the Super Bowl and it's in San Francisco. If the Super Bowl was in another city, he probably wouldn't have stopped by. If it was on Fox or NBC, he probably wouldn't have stopped by either.

santeesioux

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, I'm surprised Jeff liked it so much. It's basically the same design of the first game just with some bigger "hub" areas. Also a bunch of crafting. I played the 2013 game just a few weeks ago too so maybe that is the reason I feel like this.

I beat it last night and had a lot of fun, but it really is just more of the same. The only thing that sucks is that it has killed the hype I had for Uncharted 4, so I may have to wait to play that now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Kinda want to pull the trigger on Xcom 2, but also want to wait for my new 16gb sticks of ram to show up. I'll need the extra power.

but maybe not... my 560 probably couldn't handle these specs.

Hm. Already not liking the Tomb Raider remake for not actually putting the button prompts on the screen for a QTE. If I was using a controller would that be different?

Patryn

Hm. Already not liking the Tomb Raider remake for not actually putting the button prompts on the screen for a QTE. If I was using a controller would that be different?
I just finished TR, playing on PC with a controller, and all the QTEs showed the button unless it was a normal action (e.g. Shooting the barriers with the shotgun during slides, grabbing craggy faces in a suicide leap, etc.)

Jesus Christ Jeff, we GET it, you're getting married.. That's great for you but you don't have to be so in your face about it, you know?

Ha! I was going to try and include a joke along those lines in my post, but couldn't figure out a funny way to do it. I wonder how many San Franciscans were annoyed by the fireworks.

Edit- Thinking about is in hindsight, I wish my post read "Man, Jeff's really going all out for his wedding!" or something like that.

jaina

yes I started Rise without a controller and had to guess that the hand during the first QTE meant the 'e' (=use?) key.
With controller the prompts are there. TR 2013 has to be similar.

shwimpy

I beat it last night and had a lot of fun, but it really is just more of the same. The only thing that sucks is that it has killed the hype I had for Uncharted 4, so I may have to wait to play that now.
Really? I'm actually more excited for Uncharted now because I beat ROTR last night and the story/characters/dialogue was hot garbage.

It's funny that as all out as The Three Amigos (Lang, V, and AB) seem to be on social media, Giant Bomb staff is radio silent.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were doing it for Jeff. He seems like a dude who values keeping his personal life private, I wouldn't be too surprised if he didn't acknowledge the marriage at all on the Bombcast or such. And we all know where JV stands on "privacy."

It wouldn't surprise me if they were doing it for Jeff. He seems like a dude who values keeping his personal life private, I wouldn't be too surprised if he didn't acknowledge the marriage at all on the Bombcast or such. And we all know where JV stands on "privacy."

This reminds me that I gotta get back to watching their E3 2014 stuff.

It's funny that as all out as The Three Amigos (Lang, V, and AB) seem to be on social media, Giant Bomb staff is radio silent.
I feel like the staff in general, with the exception of Dan and kinda Jason, keep that kinda stuff pretty private. It's respectable considering how they are rather Internet famous.

Congrats to Jeff though!

I feel like the staff in general, with the exception of Dan and kinda Jason, keep that kinda stuff pretty private. It's respectable considering how they are rather Internet famous.

Congrats to Jeff though!

Oh no doubt. I just bet it's killing Dan to not be Periscoping or something.

It's commendable that they're mostly being all quiet about it.

I don't get that feeling at all. I played through it over the holidays and I felt it was the inverse of the last game. Way more exploration, puzzle solving and platforming and substantially less combat.

It was for that reason that I enjoyed it a great deal, way more than the reboot (which I did enjoy a lot too).

AcridMeat

Banned
Kinda want to pull the trigger on Xcom 2, but also want to wait for my new 16gb sticks of ram to show up. I'll need the extra power.

but maybe not... my 560 probably couldn't handle these specs.
I have a 560ti and 8gb of ram and I'm playing it fine. Not great, but it's not the worst thing in the world.

Myggen

This reminds me that I gotta get back to watching their E3 2014 stuff.

You should, it's really good.

Not that long until GDC now, really hope they do an evening show now that it doesn't crash with PAX. Those and the E3 shows are probably my favourite thing GB does.

For no real reason at all I decided a decade later to start my first real playthrough of Dragon Quest VIII on this busted-ass old PS2 (laptop too shitty to set up an emulator), and man I'm really playing with fire here. Game has frozen twice now leaving the first town, kinda wish I'd bought the Android version instead.

popo

Is there a common consensus on Windows 10 yet? Take the free upgrade now or ride Windows 7 until they stop supporting it and hope any rough edges have been smoothed off by then? I don't like the look of the metro crap but I guess you can make it a lot like Win7 with themes and a classic shell.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there a common consensus on Windows 10 yet? Take the free upgrade now or ride Windows 7 until they stop supporting it and hope any rough edges have been smoothed off by then? I don't like the look of the metro crap but I guess you can make it a lot like Win7 with themes and a classic shell.

Win 10 has been perfect for me since release.

Actually that's not true... I've had issues with the Windows Store but who gives a shit about those apps? I'm not using any of them. Other than that it's the best Windows in a looooong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom