• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlan

Years and years ago in Australia, I think on Fox Kids, they had a block of TV shows about video games kind of like Electronic Playground. One of them had a CG host guy with red hair. Anyone remember that show?

fuzzyset

Dan's defense of Wind Waker is so baffling. Not because Wind Waker is "for kids", but he consistently rags on Pixar and Disney stuff. Dan you continue to confuse me!!

justjim89

Watching this Zelda QL just really puts me in a Zelda mood. That was my favorite series when I was a N64-only, GC-only, Wii-only guy. I gotta get my hands on a Nintendo console again and play some damn Zelda.

Watching this Zelda QL just really puts me in a Zelda mood. That was my favorite series when I was a N64-only, GC-only, Wii-only guy. I gotta get my hands on a Nintendo console again and play some damn Zelda.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing as I watched it.

Bring on Zelda U, Nintendo!

A dude who thinks Dead Space 3 is one of the best games of its generation seems like a perfect fit for Capcom.

Bring on Lost Planet 3 with even more co op online bullshit then 2!

big.jpg

A dude who thinks Dead Space 3 is one of the best games of its generation seems like a perfect fit for Capcom.

Bring on Lost Planet 3 with even more co op online bullshit then 2!

You know, his love of Resident Evil 6 would be a more apt dig. Also, there's totally a Lost Planet 3. Yeah, of course you don't remember it--fucking no one does. That was $30 million they could have spent on localizing, sorry, memifying games, but, no, gotta chase that lucrative Lost Planet fanbase.

santeesioux

KotakuInAction? It's always funny to read the latest outrage from those guys as long as they're not harassing someone. I assume it's people saying they used to be fans of the site before zzz

I always check it when one of the GB guys says or does something that "triggers" them.

Ooh boy, out of boredom I decided to read the comments to Jeff's tweets about translation. Thought maybe someone would have a reasonable counter argument.

Yeah I still can't figure out why people are so mad about the FE localization. Nobody can even clarify what changes they're mad about, other than vague accusations of censorship and skeleton conspiracies

I don't think they even actually know what they're angry about? I'm feeling really old and out of touch right now

Ooh boy, out of boredom I decided to read the comments to Jeff's tweets about translation. Thought maybe someone would have a reasonable counter argument.

Yeah I still can't figure out why people are so mad about the FE localization. Nobody can even clarify what changes they're mad about, other than vague accusations of censorship and skeleton conspiracies

I don't think they even actually know what they're angry about? I'm feeling really old and out of touch right now

Took me less than 10 tweets to find someone comparing the treatment of women in games to anime face touching.

Fuck. Oh right. That happened.

That game got sent to die big time. It didnt get releases as much as it just kind of fell out of Capcom one Tuesday.

The bizarre thing is that it actually has some pretty solid writing and voice acting.

santeesioux

the fascinating thing about that sub is that all their logic kinda makes sense if you only have the reasoning and intuition capabilities of a particularly misogonistic six year old

Yeah, I'm a dirty fence sitting political Independent, and those dudes weird me out too.

Myggen

The least surprising thing about the replies to Jeff's tweets was the anime avatars and their opinions. No offense to the anime avatars in this thread.

LiK

man, if they really looked back at their favorite RPGs back in the day, translations weren't exactly the same as the original language either.

santeesioux

Pick a side already

I have decided to pick the side of not voting in the national election and being part of the problem

The least surprising thing about the replies to Jeff's tweets was the anime avatars and their opinions. No offense to the anime avatars in this thread.

I actually know the guy with the big long comment about learning Japanese from gamefaqs, and he weirds everyone out on a social board I visit with that stuff, he's like the resident troll there.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What even is the problem? Is the translation of FE that bad? Or is it still about the clean faces? Or rubbing faces. Or whatever you do with faces in FE.

thanks, oof, those comments. at least Jeff has us.

Considering all the shit Jeff got over the years, I'm willing to bet that those comments are child's play comparatively.

What even is the problem? Is the translation of FE that bad? Or is it still about the clean faces? Or rubbing faces. Or whatever you do with faces in FE.

Ethics in games translation.

http://jeff.zone/post/140061133756/i-encourage-you-not-to-fall-into-the-trap-of

Myggen

I wonder what the first Game Tapes video will be. Hope it's that fucking weird Konami (or was that Square?) one that Dan attended during an E3. Or maybe Sony 06.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom