• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Who actually cares about what kotakuinaction says anyway?

Other than the people they harass of course, but they had no choice in this.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

santeesioux

When they get up to the conferences they already watched on stream, they should watch them watching the stream, that would be meta.

Bacon

I still don't get it. What did they (I asume "They" are Nintendo?) do exactly? I tried searching here on GAF but I didn't find anything. Did they pack it full of memes? Did they change the meaning of the story? Is it a "Someone set up us a bomb" thing? What happened?

As with everything involving gamergate, it all revolves around perceived slights

What even is the problem? Is the translation of FE that bad? Or is it still about the clean faces? Or rubbing faces. Or whatever you do with faces in FE.
So with further research, it's actually a more ignorant take on the age-old translation argument of whether you bias more towards translation or interpretation. Their hot take seems to be that anything short of raw translation is a betrayal to the sacred original text.

A lot of "they should be better at their jobs and translate it more accurately."

Anybody who speaks even rudimentary Japanese immediately rolls eyes at the suggestion

LiK

never forget

ps3pricing.jpg

Jintor

i wrote a thing about localisation then i looked at it and deleted it cos man it's not like i'm arguing with any of you guys here about it

So with further research, it's actually a more ignorant take on the age-old translation argument of whether you bias more towards translation or interpretation. Their hot take seems to be that anything short of raw translation is a betrayal to the sacred original text.

A lot of "they should be better at their jobs and translate it more accurately."

Anybody who speaks even rudimentary Japanese immediately rolls eyes at the suggestion

lol yeah basically

also i'm in this weird middle zone with japanese where I can start to read things and let me tell you, so far, a lot of game dialogue is REAL BORING. then again i'm in no position to appreciate rhetorical flourishes in jpn yet so *shrug*

I'd rather they do the more "normal" press conferences. The Konami one is such a meme now that I don't know what they could possibly add to it.

They'll add to it if someone was there or if they knew someone was there. In any case, I look forward to Sony's PS3 conference, also when they announced the PSP which is funny because at the time Don Mattrick was president of EA. Nintendo conferences should be pretty dope as well. I think what's most exciting are things that I possibly haven't seen from lets say 90's to 2004.

Jintor

I still don't get it. What did they (I asume "They" are Nintendo?) do exactly? I tried searching here on GAF but I didn't find anything. Did they pack it full of memes? Did they change the meaning of the story? Is it a "Someone set up us a bomb" thing? What happened?

They made fire emblem more goofy than people think it is in japanese and some people disagree with that

They'll add to it if someone was there or if they knew someone was there. In any case, I look forward to Sony's PS3 conference, also when they announced the PSP which is funny because at the time Don Mattrick was president of EA. Nintendo conferences should be pretty dope as well. I think what's most exciting are things that I possibly haven't seen from lets say 90's to 2004.

You're probably right, they can make anything entertaining. I'm just super excited that they're actually doing it! Let's hope the feature doesn't languish and disappear like many (most?) video features on the site.

jmood88

I'm watching the lates demo derby and I realized that the actual game demos are the least-interesting part of the series for me. I just love seeing all the weird videos.

Jintor

I'm watching the lates demo derby and I realized that the actual game demos are the least-interesting part of the series for me. I just love seeing all the weird videos.

it's this glorious time capsule.

Also realising that jesus christ I think there's a whole era of games I can NEVER go back to. Like holy shit. They look godawful.

So something convinced me to buy The Order 1886 (might be because it was like $10) and I just started it tonight with very low expectations.

This game is incredible looking. Very impressed by the voice acting and the animations. Intrigued by the setting and plot so far as well. I'm not impressed with the shooting however. Very by the books, but competent enough.

am i crazy

So something convinced me to buy The Order 1886 (might be because it was like $10) and I just started it tonight with very low expectations.

This game is incredible looking. Very impressed by the voice acting and the animations. Intrigued by the setting and plot so far as well. I'm not impressed with the shooting however. Very by the books, but competent enough.

am i crazy

Well like you said, you set your expectations low.

The plot will shit the bed soon don't worry.

UncleGrumpskin

Neo Member

am i crazy

I heard it was good, just not $60 good. 10 bucks is a good price it seems.

Watching old E3's on a stream sounds good on paper but then you forget how much of those things where talking about sales and random pie charts back then.

I dont see such a feature lasting very long.

am i crazy

You're not. The game starts out strong, becomes dull in the middle but by the end picks up and finishes with a bang(literally). It's a shame because at the end, the potential for how big and fleshed out the world will be are exciting but I don't think we're going to get that now.

It's an average game but enjoyable.

Watching old E3's on a stream sounds good on paper but then you forget how much of those things where talking about sales and random pie charts back then.

I dont see such a feature lasting very long.

Sales figures can be entertaining. I want to say E3 2007 was the year Nintendo did nothing but talk how awesome the Wii sold.

am i crazy

It's downhill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom