• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
i think i restarted my copies of red and yellow multiple times but i've kept my original gold save with all the cloned pokemon sitting on bill's pc with a lvl 100 achieved in part with a lot of rare candies

g/s/c still remains the king but r/b/y sits firmly in second place. yellow is the way to go if you're only getting one. i remember having pikachu follow you being kind of mind-blowing, especially if you'd just put hundreds of hours into red or blue. what a series this once was! can't overstate the role it played in young dd's life

demidar

All we did in school IT lessons was play Pokemon on an emulator someone had brought in on a usb stick.
That and some 1v1 2D volley ball game with blob things

Yoooo I remember those slime volleyball games. There were so many permutations from vanilla to ones with superpowers like reversing the trajectory of the ball.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, I just now watched the Superhot QL and as somebody who has played like 12 hours of SuperHot I was almost getting angry at Jeff seeing how WRONG he plays the game!

I'm kidding of course, but man.

A friend of mine once managed to get some copies of one of Bungie's Marathon games onto a few school computers back in fourth grade or so. They were all networked, too, so we could do LAN play. It seems like everyone who grew up playing games has at least one story of surreptitious in-school gaming.

Fun fact about the Yellow version, apparently you don't need to have a special Pikachu to play the surfing minigame now. I'm both happy to finally legitimately play that (fuck you Stadium) and sad that they weren't going to do some kind of giveaway or Stadium VC release to enable it.

Also I'd put fighting Red on Mt. Silver as "best moment of all time" in my gaming pantheon.

Final note, I know we don't want to talk about reddit but reading "The wrong member of giant bomb died" is fucking... jesus.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
every time pokemon yellow is mentioned I'm reminded that i traded it and pokemon stadium w/ transfer pak for like £10 store credit at eb when i was 12

Wunder

The only memory I have of Pokemon Yellow was being in Malaysia for Chinese New Year in a new house and only my gameboy and after painstakingly training my Pikachu and Pidgey to like level 18 I managed to defeat Brock with Quick Attack spam. The next few gyms were much easier and managed to get to Erika.

One day I loaded up my game and saw the save said "AAAAAA" and 0 badges. Confused I loaded it up and it was an entirely new save, my progress was totally wiped. At the time there was construction happening daily so I imagine one of the construction workers found my gameboy while I wasn't looking and just mashed A and erased my game. It was a trying time.

Shenaniganery

Neo Member
All we did in school IT lessons was play Pokemon on an emulator someone had brought in on a usb stick.
That and some 1v1 2D volley ball game with blob things

First time I ever saw an emulator was when I walked into a senior engineering class at my high school and all they were doing was playing Red/Blue on their computers. Blew my mind.

I was the age when you avoid anything that you consider childish when Pokemon was released so it's a major gaming franchise that I have virtually no connection with.

kvothe

The only memory I have of Pokemon Yellow was being in Malaysia for Chinese New Year in a new house and only my gameboy and after painstakingly training my Pikachu and Pidgey to like level 18 I managed to defeat Brock with Quick Attack spam. The next few gyms were much easier and managed to get to Erika.

One day I loaded up my game and saw the save said "AAAAAA" and 0 badges. Confused I loaded it up and it was an entirely new save, my progress was totally wiped. At the time there was construction happening daily so I imagine one of the construction workers found my gameboy while I wasn't looking and just mashed A and erased my game. It was a trying time.

Yo, what'd you do to that construction worker to get him so pissed at you?

I was the age when you avoid anything that you consider childish when Pokemon was released so it's a major gaming franchise that I have virtually no connection with.

Interestingly, I don't think I ever had the chance to do that treatment with a game franchise. I was a kid when Pokemon came out and continued playing it as I grew older, but that's probably because all the other kids I grew up with did the same, making it more socially acceptable. But there weren't any super popular "kiddy" games that first got started during that time, either. So I never thought I really missed out on anything.

Nowadays there's toys-to-life, but I don't refuse to play those out of some "too cool for school" mentality, they're just prohibitively expensive and don't seem very interesting.

Myggen

God fucking damn it, Burn in shit Fobwashed!!

fancymofoyvyvx.gif

Tubobutts

I remember before Pokemon Yellow came out I convinced myself that Pikachu was okay and I wouldn't mind having one follow me around.

The first mainline Pokemon game I tried to play was Pokemon X. Lemme tell you, if you don't have nostalgia for that series, they don't hold up so well!

Pokemon Snap, on the other hand...

fleck0

I wonder who will do the Stardew Valley QL? Can't really remember anyone mentioning the Harvest Moon series positively.

Lunar FC

Now is the time to buy Fobwashed, his stock is way down!

I will personally make sure it never comes back up.

The first mainline Pokemon game I tried to play was Pokemon X. Lemme tell you, if you don't have nostalgia for that series, they don't hold up so well!

Pokemon Snap, on the other hand...

I enjoyed X mostly. But after playing Yo-Kai Watch, they really need to do something that could be a considered a big step foward for the series.

I'd love to listen to a Kanye West videogmaes podcast, it would give even more fantastic value to my Tidal™ subscription, were they put power back in the artists hands!™

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff missed a golden opportunity to end UPF by firing Jason live on the stream.
"You love Tim so much? You two can be unemployed together."

I was almost expecting a 'let's squash that rumor right now' moment at the end of UPF.

I did enjoy Tim's contributions to UPF.

jaina

How do we get vinny and Austin to play the zero escape series for a playdate?
do you think that would work? I doubt it. together they might be able to solve puzzles relatively quickly, but still... Zero Escape are my dark shower games and not live stream material.

do you think that would work? I doubt it. together they might be able to solve puzzles relatively quickly, but still... Zero Escape are my dark shower games and not live stream material.

I just want them to,play the series. Espically vinny it's right up his ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom