• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Jeff's recent tweet, has he mentioned anything about that before?

I know he tends to keep personal things well personal, but man.

So I might have bought a new controller for my PS3 because my old one died after 2 years of no use and a copy of Skate 3.

Also Skate 3 came out nearly 6 years ago! I forgot they got that one out just over a year after 2.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Instead of talking about the GG/FE BS, let's instead talk about german VO in videogames and why it's either bad bad or funny bad.
Ah, remember the always hilarious "Verdammt scheiße! Der SCHTALIN!" from C&C? Of course you do, what a classic. I also appreciate it when characters refer to another with "Sie" instead of "Du" even though it doesn't fit the game at all.

What's your favourite bad german translation? Let me know in the comments!

So will the next Project BEAST video be the crew trying to save the stranded Kerbals or will they be doing something else like going for Duna?

I kind of wish Kerbal had a "flight control" mode, where you could connect devices like iPads (or non-Apple devices for Rorie) and have all the maps and stuff as a second screen. I think it'd be fun if GB West was ground control and GB East was in the spacecraft. GB East could only have their monitors set to be inside the spacecraft (except for during EVA's), but could also have iPads to see the same thing GB West is seeing. Yeah, it would be a hassle to set up, but I think it'd be fun to see if it were an option. I would love to see GB West doing/saying the typical ground control things and GB East responding.

I kind of wish Kerbal had a "flight control" mode, where you could connect devices like iPads (or non-Apple devices for Rorie) and have all the maps and stuff as a second screen. I think it'd be fun if GB West was ground control and GB East was in the spacecraft. GB East could only have their monitors set to be inside the spacecraft (except for during EVA's), but could also have iPads to see the same thing GB West is seeing. Yeah, it would be a hassle to set up, but I think it'd be fun to see if it were an option. I would love to see GB West doing/saying the typical ground control things and GB East responding.

That sounds incredible.

That sounds incredible.

I could see it know:

GBWest: Luda Lander 1, please adjust your headings to these coordinates... blah, blah technical speak.

GBEast: Copy San Francisco. Will do.

...and so on and so forth. Who would be flight director: Drew or Brad?

I would love if it the communications could somehow have the same audio fidelity of an actual space mission. You know, that sort of walkie-talkie sound.

I could see it know:

GBWest: Luda Lander 1, please adjust your headings to these coordinates... blah, blah technical speak.

GBEast: Copy San Francisco. Will do.

...and so on and so forth. Who would be flight director: Drew or Brad?

I would love if it the communications could somehow have the same audio fidelity of an actual space mission.

I would say Drew would be a better flight director, as he probably understands all the technical talk anyway.

Someone really needs to make this as a mod or something asap.

While we're at it they really should play Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes from the seperate offices

Well, that's something that can be done now. What I was suggesting with Kerbal really can't be done yet. Like my Kerbal suggestion, if they did a cross-coast Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes stream, they should only communicate via walkie-talkies.

It would also be cool if GBEast only had interior view and GBWest had exterior and map view, so that East would have to rely on West's instructions. Maybe that would be too hard but it would still be really cool.

It would also be cool if GBEast only had interior view and GBWest had exterior and map view, so that East would have to rely on West's instructions. Maybe that would be too hard but it would still be really cool.

They should have a mod that adds Drews face(Live streamed!) into the cockpit

And he directs them

That would be the best

That's what I was saying. The only way they'd get an external view was when/if they needed to EVA or have landed on a moon/planet. I think they would still need a map of some sort to look at. I don't think it'd be fair otherwise.

Jintor

Well, that's something that can be done now. What I was suggesting with Kerbal really can't be done yet. Like my Kerbal suggestion, if they did a cross-coast Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes stream, they should only communicate via walkie-talkies.

ah, i wasn't having a go at you, i just wanna see bomb defusal over skype/the phone.

i wonder if they still have that ipad robot

ah, i wasn't having a go at you, i just wanna see bomb defusal over skype/the phone.

i wonder if they still have that ipad robot

Huh? Never cross my mind. And I wholeheartedly agree with you. That game should never be played in the same room and should, like you said, be done over skype/phone, or, like I said, walkie-talkie (which I think would be more accurate to the situation).

Huh? Never cross my mind. And I wholeheartedly agree with you. That game should never be played in the same room and should, like you said, be done over skype/phone, or, like I said, walkie-talkie (which I think would be more accurate to the situation).

Also Vinny seems like the type of guy that could get his hands on a bomb disposal suit, for that extra authentic experience.

It does work, it just takes ages to upload.
The replays are stored locally though, so if you want to upload them in a not-shit resolution and don't want to wait 8 hours or so you can do that too.

I uploaded a bunch of stuff over 24 hours ago at this point but it's still not there which seems way longer than people have been saying it takes. As you say, I thankfully have local copies.

EDIT: Nevermind, they finally uploaded. This is my best run in endless.

I uploaded a bunch of stuff over 24 hours ago at this point but it's still not there which seems way longer than people have been saying it takes. As you say, I thankfully have local copies.

EDIT: Nevermind, they finally uploaded. This is my best run in endless.

I liked the part where you threw the sword at that dude.

I should probably play Superhot.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I liked the part where you threw the sword at that dude.

I should probably play Superhot.

You should. I call this game a "Feeling badass" simulator.
There is nothing as satisfying as throwing something at a dude with a shotgun, grabbing his shotgun while it's in the air and blasting the guy away.
It just never get's old. Or again, shit like this
You almost need to watch those videos with like 0,5 speed to get what's going on, but it's so easy and fun to pull off. Argh, I really like this game.

The moment I realised I could hit the first guy with the telephone from accross the room and then grab his gun before it hits the ground and use it was just mindblowing to me.

Why is Vinny not playing Factorio to entertain me?

yI9enkB.gif

When I started the game I didn't think there would be anything more satisfying than throwing a pistol at a guy, turns out I was wrong and throwing swords is far superior.
Yeah throwing swords is pretty fucking rad. I gotta get in on throwing swords.
You should. I call this game a "Feeling badass" simulator.
There is nothing as satisfying as throwing something at a dude with a shotgun, grabbing his shotgun while it's in the air and blasting the guy away.
It just never get's old. Or again, shit like this
You almost need to watch those videos with like 0,5 speed to get what's going on, but it's so easy and fun to pull off. Argh, I really like this game.

The moment I realised I could hit the first guy with the telephone from accross the room and then grab his gun before it hits the ground and use it was just mindblowing to me.

You're right, I did have to watch at .5 speed! What a cool-ass game, so unique.

Alright I'll buy Superhot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom