• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I was studying abroad with limited internet access for the 2nd half of 2011, and I'm just getting caught up on Dave's Morrowind/Oblivion pre-Skyrim launch marathon. I absolutely love that the whole Oblivion segment is him building towards everyone's favorite quest in the entire game, the Whodunnit DB quest in Skingrad.

Then out of pure exhaustion from playing for 6 hours he just walks into the mansion and slaughters everyone in 10 seconds, hahaha.

RE: Discussion on this weeks beastcast.

I remember I got in deep shit for forging a parents signature once as well. I forget exactly why I did it but I was only 7 or 8. I think it was homework related so maybe I didnt do something and got a note to sign so I forged it.

Only time I felt like I got punished. I didnt get to go to the zoo with my brother and my uncle and had to stay in my room. The zoo just got renovated and everything!

I did not return to the zoo until many years later when after a final exam myself and some college people snook some booze in and walked around. Fun, classy times.

RE: Discussion on this weeks beastcast.

I remember I got in deep shit for forging a parents signature once as well. I forget exactly why I did it but I was only 7 or 8. I think it was homework related so maybe I didnt do something and got a note to sign so I forged it.

Only time I felt like I got punished. I didnt get to go to the zoo with my brother and my uncle and had to stay in my room. The zoo just got renovated and everything!

I did not return to the zoo until many years later when after a final exam myself and some college people snook some booze in and walked around. Fun, classy times.

My parents never saw any of my report cards in high school. I got real good at getting to the mail before then.

I wasn't even a bad student or anything, I was just the type that always pulled out the A or B at the absolute last second.

AcridMeat

Banned
Maaaaan seeing this Garden Warfare 2 QL is making me really want it. I absolutely loved the first game, and there seems to be so much more to unlock now.

$60 feels steep though only because the new hub world doesn't look interesting to me.

American Truck Simulator QL is pretty hilarious.

Vinny doesn't even get behind wheel and he causes mayhem.
umKJwKB.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's unappreciated and I think it's really cool how Jason(?) puts fighting game streams in the front page and opens up chat for it. Really helps foster a community on the site.

Myggen

It's unappreciated and I think it's really cool how Jason(?) puts fighting game streams in the front page and opens up chat for it. Really helps foster a community on the site.

I think it's a few of the mods that's behind that. They've been doing it before Jason came to the site for sure. But yeah, I agree that it's neat.

edit:

2830253-2830102-1721261123-iwlgs.gif

I don't normally like non-GB people on UPF but this Tim guy is alright. I wouldn't mind him being on again. Is he here because he's starting next week or just because he's in SF and is visiting and is friend's with Dan and Jason? And man, listening to what happens at the end of Dead Space 3 makes me happy I chose to skip that one. I really loved 1 and 2 though.

Myggen

Danny was a guest on a podcast:

Final Games is a podcast about the games that inspired us. Host, Liam Edwards is joined by various different game developers, game journalists and industry veterans to talk about the games that they'd choose to play for the rest of their lives if they were stuck in a deserted place.

Liam's guest this week is Gamespot's very own, Danny O'Dwyer. The incredibly talented, funny video producer and host joins Liam to talk about his love of first-person shooters and does something no guest has done so far! Danny takes us on a personal journey through the game's that inspired him and defined him as a person. It's an excellent listen, please enjoy.

I've been curious about Fantasy Life and I know Austin is a big fan. Has he ever spoke or written anything extensive on it? The only thing I got through google was his GOTY 2014 list on GB.

Myggen

I've been curious about Fantasy Life and I know Austin is a big fan. Has he ever spoke or written anything extensive on it? The only thing I got through google was his GOTY 2014 list on GB.

I swear he's written a longer article on Fantasy Life, but I can't for find it. This is driving me nuts.

edit: The article I was thinking of was this one about race in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. So I don't think he's written anything on Fantasy Life other than what he wrote in that top 10 list for GB.

game's alright, but I feel like it fizzles out long before the end. and even then I played like 30 hours. I actually think Rune Factory 4 kind of does the same thing but better.

Bowlie

Banned
but I want the jazziest games, not the jazzyless.

I bought Face Noir during the last sale for this reason and I'm forcing myself to finish it, it's sooo clunky and slow-paced. Need more jazz, man.

speaking of games like that, I played a little of Stardew Valley last night and it seems pretty solid. you can definitely tell it was made by someone with a real love for Harvest Moon, and a better sense of what parts of those games work than Natsume does these days. gonna take a while to draw a real conclusion though.

e: also apparently you can have same-sex marriages and adopt children and it seems like such a small thing but it's really nice to see

daydream

Banned
but I want the jazziest games, not the jazzyless.

I bought Face Noir during the last sale for this reason and I'm forcing myself to finish it, it's sooo clunky and slow-paced. Need more jazz, man.

fantasy life has some jazzy tunes, actually, and is also very reminiscent of paper mario. the soundtrack is one of the great recent uematsu scores

detective games are often jazzy in spirit. la noire, hotel dusk, grim fandango and sam & max come to mind

Bowlie

Banned
fantasy life has some jazzy tunes, actually, and is also very reminiscent of paper mario. the soundtrack is one of the great recent uematsu scores

detective games are often jazzy in spirit. la noire, hotel dusk, grim fandango and sam & max come to mind

Once I finish it and Ace Attorney 2 (which is also jazzy) I'll try grim fandango and sam & max; hopefully they're better adventure games.

Thanks, daydream.

I drew a thing today and oh god I've gotten so bad at drawing again

Maaaaaaaaaannnnnn

https://my.mixtape.moe/zqmrtk.webm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom