• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a common consensus on Windows 10 yet? Take the free upgrade now or ride Windows 7 until they stop supporting it and hope any rough edges have been smoothed off by then? I don't like the look of the metro crap but I guess you can make it a lot like Win7 with themes and a classic shell.

Has run flawlessly for me. Metro stuff can be non-existent besides start menu. Do it.

Is there a common consensus on Windows 10 yet? Take the free upgrade now or ride Windows 7 until they stop supporting it and hope any rough edges have been smoothed off by then? I don't like the look of the metro crap but I guess you can make it a lot like Win7 with themes and a classic shell.

Window's 10 has been rad. I haven't noticed any performance problems.

Hm, Satellite Reign is on sale, any good?

I only put like 3 hours into it before having it fall into the backlog but what I played was good. The mechanics are tight and it can be really satisfying when you execute on a plan you have to clear out a facility or rob a bank.

I haven't had a chance to dig into it long enough to say if it remains entertaining the whole time but the core mechanics are definitely solid.

Jintor

yes I started Rise without a controller and had to guess that the hand during the first QTE meant the 'e' (=use?) key.
With controller the prompts are there. TR 2013 has to be similar.

Is funny... I automatically read that as "ree-sei" instead of rise ==;;

Persona on the brain

justjim89

Just had to savescum my way through a mission for the first time in XCOM 2. I typically don't like to, but I wasn't about to let Drew, recently promoted Mary Kish and young rookie Danny O'Dwyer get wiped out by two enemies I had never before encountered.

tumblr_o25f4oMiA01u5eu8ao3_1280.jpg

Noaloha

Just had to savescum my way through a mission for the first time in XCOM 2. I typically don't like to, but I wasn't about to let Drew, recently promoted Mary Kish and young rookie Danny O'Dwyer get wiped out by two enemies I had never before encountered.

tumblr_o25f4oMiA01u5eu8ao3_1280.jpg
Let me guess. You (pre-'blacksite'-mission objective spoilers)
tried to skullstun an Advent Officer in the same mission you first encountered Snaketits?
That's at least how it went for me, and painfully.

justjim89

tried to skullstun an Advent Officer in the same mission you first encountered Snaketits?

Yuuuuuuup. Plus the
explosion that happens after the skulljacking
kept fucking me over.

AcridMeat

Banned
How do you customize beard options in XCOM 2? I ended up having Guile's brother pop up in my squad. He had the evil twin beard and everything.
Hm, Satellite Reign is on sale, any good?
Oooh I really want to play that eventually. It looked like a glorious cyberpunk rpg with some Dawn of War 2 style gameplay mixed in.

justjim89

Actually, does anyone have a custom GB family pool up yet?

I haven't made everybody, but I have rough approximations of Drew, Mary, Danny, Brad, Jeff, and Austin so far. It's hard to get anyone quite the way you want them, though. Too few faces and pretty limited hair options. Someone is bound to have better ones than me, but I can share mine at some point, I suppose.

I actually had to restart my campaign because I got to a point where I was hemorrhaging soldiers and resources faster than I could replace them

that's ok though, Vinny is proving to be a bit of a steamroller in the new save

danm999

Congrats to Jeff for this weekend. Good to see Vinny back on UPF as well.

I haven't made everybody, but I have rough approximations of Drew, Mary, Danny, Brad, Jeff, and Austin so far. It's hard to get anyone quite the way you want them, though. Too few faces and pretty limited hair options. Someone is bound to have better ones than me, but I can share mine at some point, I suppose.

I've found Brad and Jeff very difficult too. Gave up making them. I can't get Jeff's hair right...

Win 10 has been perfect for me since release.

Actually that's not true... I've had issues with the Windows Store but who gives a shit about those apps? I'm not using any of them. Other than that it's the best Windows in a looooong time.

I had to do a little bit of work to get the Start button and Cortana to work after upgrading to Windows 10, but it's been otherwise fine.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

That objective is a lot like the "capture an alien" objective from the first game, you can do it whenever. It just pops up when you have the opportunity on a given mission.

Yuuuuuuup. Plus the
explosion that happens after the skulljacking
kept fucking me over.

The...the what? That can happen? That didn't happen to me.

justjim89

That objective is a lot like the "capture an alien" objective from the first game, you can do it whenever. It just pops up when you have the opportunity on a given mission.

The...the what? That can happen? That didn't happen to me.

After the
skulljacking, there was a weird purple aura in the area where it happened, like a 3-tile radius. After like 2 turns, it exploded for like 5 damage to anyone in the area.

After the
skulljacking, there was a weird purple aura in the area where it happened, like a 3-tile radius. After like 2 turns, it exploded for like 5 damage to anyone in the area.

That's an ability that the
Codex
has. It empties all weapons in the AOE and then the area explodes the next turn. Major pain in the ass.

it's too bad the game doesn't show detailed stats for each character because it's hilarious how terrible Ryckert is in my game, but Brad has killed 5 aliens with nothing but a pistol.

Tubobutts

it's too bad the game doesn't show detailed stats for each character because it's hilarious how terrible Ryckert is in my game, but Brad has killed 5 aliens with nothing but a pistol.

You should have named him Newdan. Sour cream steadies the aim.

Marth Amiibos are on sale for $10 at Best Buy

You should have named him Newdan. Sour cream steadies the aim.

Marth Amiibos are on sale for $10 at Best Buy

Marth looks dumb with his bent sword and idiot face and he's a lame character, so now that amiibo fever has abated slightly, I don't want him anymore.

That said, the newer characters look way better than the first few waves and are clearly of a higher quality. I bought Mewtwo and Lucas recently and they look awesome.

Jintor

what's your favorite smash bros character

the anime character with a sword

or the anime character with a sword that's DLC

what's your favourite street fighter, the street fighter who punches or the one who punches DIFFERENTLY

(Answer; the one who kicks)

yami4ct

I've only bought 5 amiibos so far (Marth, the Splatoon set, and Shulk) and I have zero desire to own more. It's great.

what's your favorite smash bros character

or the anime character with a sword that's DLC

I really like a lot of FE designs and would love more FE figures, but they picked some of the worst for smash. Marth is iconic, but his amiibo is bad. I give zero shits about Ike. Roy is just right place and right time and should've been replaced by his superior father Eliwood. I don't dig the default avatar designs for Awakening and Fates. The only one I super like is Lucina.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Can I use my bladesmaster from XCOM 2 in Smash Bros? She's pretty much Jason Vorhees if he looked like Sinead O'Connor. I think she could take Pikachu. He's basically an alien, right? I'll buy an amiibo if it's my XCOM squad.

Tubobutts

If they make a Squirtle Amiibo I will buy it even if I can't use it in any game I have. I will also accept Blastoise and maybe Rapidash.

I wish Smash would take pointers from Fighter's Megamix when it comes to the roster.

Want to play as the duck from an obscure arcade game nobody played? Go for it. Want to play as a Virtua Fighter character that was cut from the first game, just holler. Want to play as the AM2 palm tree? You can do that. Want to play as the car from Daytona and grab people with one wheel then rev your other one into their faces, well guess what

what's your favourite street fighter, the street fighter who punches or the one who punches DIFFERENTLY

(Answer; the one who kicks)

that doesn't work because the street fighter roster actually rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom