• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I would buy more Fire Emblem amiibos if they weren't all stupid hard to get. If I could walk into a store and buy a Lucina, I would.

I wish Smash would take pointers from Fighter's Megamix when it comes to the roster.

Want to play as the duck from an obscure arcade game nobody played? Go for it. Want to play as a Virtua Fighter character that was cut from the first game, just holler. Want to play as the AM2 palm tree? You can do that. Want to play as the car from Daytona and grab people with one wheel then rev your other one into their faces, well guess what

that doesn't work because the street fighter roster actually rules

you can literally play as a duck in smash bros

The only good Super Smash Bros character is Kirby because

a) you can suplex people off the stage
b) you can eat people and then jump off the stage and they die inside of you

At this point these are the only two things I ever try to do whenever I play that game

Megasoum

Banned
It's soooo fucking cool to have a Roku TV with the GB App...

Watching UPF and quicklooks I missed last week while trucking in California.

yami4ct

so do all these anime sword people ya butt

Anime Sword people are cool, but the ones in Smash kinda aren't. Take out Ike, Roy, and the Fates and Awakening Avatars and put in Eliwood, Chrom, Hector, Eirika or maybe one of the many badass assassins FE has had through the years like Jaffar.

Problem is that the Smash community throws a fit when an old character doesn't make a reappearance, so the FE cast in that game is going to always be bloated by characters who are there simply because a Smash happened to release at the time their game launched.

Tubobutts

I would buy more Fire Emblem amiibos if they weren't all stupid hard to get. If I could walk into a store and buy a Lucina, I would.

I would buy more Fire Emblem Amiibos but that Robin isn't my Robin whose name wasn't Robin.

And also I don't like Ike.

yami4ct

I would buy more Fire Emblem Amiibos but that Robin isn't my Robin whose name wasn't Robin.

And also I don't like Ike.

The avatars being in smash are dumb for a variety of reasons. One, as you stated, they are customizable. Defining an 'official' one is kind of silly. Two, they are barely characters and there are a ton of better choices from both casts.

I played and loved the last XCOM game. It was my first and only strategy game. I had a great time with it. It was fun and accessible and had a great mix of "fuck this game" and "fuck you game, I am awesome" moments.

XCOM 2 feels impossible. I am about to start over for the third time now on easy mode to attempt to find some fun. Maybe I am just dog shit at these games, but I have no memory of the last game giving me such a pounding.

Jintor

Anime Sword people are cool, but the ones in Smash kinda aren't. Take out Ike, Roy, and the Fates and Awakening Avatars and put in Eliwood, Chrom, Hector, Eirika or maybe one of the many badass assassins FE has had through the years like Jaffar.

Problem is that the Smash community throws a fit when an old character doesn't make a reappearance, so the FE cast in that game is going to always be bloated by characters who are there simply because a Smash happened to release at the time their game launched.

I'd trade Roy for Eliwood and maybe Ike for Chrom, maybe an Erika alt for Lucina (who's already a Marth alt), but the Avatars are boss as hell. Maybe I just like their playstyle though.

Jintor

I played and loved the last XCOM game. It was my first and only strategy game. I had a great time with it. It was fun and accessible and had a great mix of "fuck this game" and "fuck you game, I am awesome" moments.

XCOM 2 feels impossible. I am about to start over for the third time now on easy mode to attempt to find some fun. Maybe I am just dog shit at these games, but I have no memory of the last game giving me such a pounding.

Honestly EU was a lot easier to start with. Pektoids are such assholes.

GIANT BOMB UPDATE:

One Dan Ryckert tweeted that babies do not like Dave Lang. This confirms that Jeff is indeed a father. BUT WHO IS THE CHILD?

justjim89

Made a pretty good-looking old school Vinny in XCOM.

tumblr_o25tk5tND71u5eu8ao1_540.jpg

Ryckert is easy, because all you need is shades and a beard.

tumblr_o25tk5tND71u5eu8ao2_540.jpg

Jeff is kind of a shot in the dark, the shades remind me a bit of Tracksuit's.

tumblr_o25tk5tND71u5eu8ao3_540.jpg

The new Small Business Man.

Scene-Wedding, the vows are being made.

A baby carriage strolls up, Dave Lang is pushing it. The baby carriage seems to be struggling.

Dave Lang:AW COME ON I'm just gently pushing you

Muffled Sounds come out of the baby carriage, a small child is heard.

Dan Ryckert, stage right, tweets out 'Boy babies don't like @JosephJBroni'

Dave Lang pushes the baby up to Jeff Gerstmann and his dearly beloved.

Priest:My uh...is this...is this yours?
Jeff Gerstmann:It's too soon! You came too soon Lang, you monster!
Dave Lang: This damn baby has been making noise since I picked him up!
Jeff Gerstmann:Might as well. Everyone, I'l like you to meet...

Suddenly the cover over the baby carriage is thrown off, and Austin Walker emerges from it.

Austin:IT WAS ME, AUSTIN, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

Camera closes zooming in on Jeffs face in a shocked expression, before the fade, a wicked smile appears.

End Scene.

justjim89

That's a decent Alexis.

The facial hair options are really bad. It's either blank, 5 o'clock shadow, or full bushy beards. Can't quite capture what Jeff or Austin have going on.

I can't do shit for Brad. So far for him I just have a dude with slicked back dark hair and a bandana over his face like in the Too Human video.

Hopefully mods will come to the rescue for customization in XCOM2 someday.

you can pretty much just change anything yourself right now if you're willing to read the ini files, which are thoroughly commented. I can't think of the last game that was this easily tweakable from launch.

A baby carriage strolls up, Dave Lang is pushing it. The baby carriage seems to be struggling.

Suddenly the cover over the baby carriage is thrown off, and Austin Walker emerges from it.

Camera closes zooming in on Jeffs face in a shocked expression, before the fade, a wicked smile appears.

End Scene.

SIF9D.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

End Scene.
This is some weird Clickhole bit

Anjin M

Id maybe possibly consider buying a Jibanyan amiibo.

I hear that, but I'd prefer a Komasan.

edit://
GIANT BOMB UPDATE:

One Dan Ryckert tweeted that babies do not like Dave Lang. This confirms that Jeff is indeed a father. BUT WHO IS THE CHILD?

Sorry to take the query seriously, but the baby might have been Griffin. Lisa's selfies earlier made me think she and Jason were potentially invited.

You should, it's really good.

Not that long until GDC now, really hope they do an evening show now that it doesn't crash with PAX. Those and the E3 shows are probably my favourite thing GB does.

Late, but my long term plans are to catch up on all the 2014/late 2013 content, then start from the beginning of the GB content so I can finally start watching all the Ryan content as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've experienced the exact sleep issue as Austin did in the beastcast. Slept for approximately 4 hours for the entire week, and didn't recover from that for months. Legit thought I was going to have an early death.

I've experienced the exact sleep issue as Austin did in the beastcast. Slept for approximately 4 hours for the entire week, and didn't recover from that for months. Legit thought I was going to have an early death.
I'm constantly fucking up my sleep schedule on the weekends and it really messes up the start of my weeks. The body is weird about sleep.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm constantly fucking up my sleep schedule on the weekends and it really messes up the start of my weeks. The body is weird about sleep.

Try working midnight to eight 5 nights a week ;_;

Weetrick

I played 3 hours of Xcom 2 and now I can't play it for a week and I hate everything.
I want it. I need it.

I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and I avoided playing any XCOM this weekend for that reason. Can't wait to come home next weekend. It's a three day weekend as an added bonus!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played some Tales From The Borderlands

Why would anyone like Fiona or her family? I keep hoping for my Larry with the salt lick moment with Sasha

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will say that Gearbox should ask if they can contract some Telltale writers for Borderlands 3.

Because it's the first Borderlands game that actually has jokes.

Tubobutts

Late, but my long term plans are to catch up on all the 2014/late 2013 content, then start from the beginning of the GB content so I can finally start watching all the Ryan content as well.

If you haven't watched the Fortune Street TNT yet you should watch that as soon as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom