• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I've currently got $1,500 worth of VR technology on preorder. >.<

We're like two peas in a pod, you and I.
GsEzuwJ.gif

JCG

Death Note, Code Geass and Attack on Titan are all very similar in a key way.

They are awful shows that non-anime fans will tell you are great. One Punch Man also comes really close to fitting in that category, but it's not quite that bad.

They aren't great, let alone identical, but they are pretty good at most of what they want to accomplish. Hype backlash might not be why you dislike those series so much, yet I do think it's a real contributing factor to certain reactions. Too many folks have claimed Death Note was supposed to be mature or a masterpiece, which it really isn't, and that sort of expectation does often lead to disappointment.

But, one way or another, various mindsets can still appreciate those series. Which is why their relative popularity, both in and out of anime circles, doesn't surprise me. I would easily rewatch Death Note or Code Geass instead of half of this season's anime programming. Given that this remark obviously implies I've found at least a few positives in both cases (ie: not just L in DN, nor only some robots in CG), we certainly don't share points of view. And that's fine.

No_Style

Whichever server is hosting the latest demo derby is a hot mess at the moment. Constant pauses for that video while the latest Kerbal seems fine so far.

Edit: Nevermind. Pauses with Kerbal as well. Gonna wait for YouTube I guess.

Chuck

Still without luck
what's the point of trying to save anyone when everyone is expendable?

Just strap some dynamite to every kerbal before their flight to alleviate any worry of having them trapped.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I could probably afford one of those fancy VR things all the rich kids love but I look at the games announced for them and I think "Yeah...that's probably fun for 10-15 minutes or so"

So....I guess I pass until either there is a substantial game that really needs VR to shine or those things get much cheaper.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I could probably afford one of those fancy VR things all the rich kids love but I look at the games announced for them and I think "Yeah...that's probably fun for 10-15 minutes or so"

So....I guess I pass until either there is a substantial game that really needs VR to shine or those things get much cheaper.

I only need 10-15 minutes for dead or alive 3 Xtreme so that's fine.

I was actually panicked and stressed during the final parts of Kerbal, and I usually don't get panicked at anything let alone a game I am not paying. .

daydream

Banned
good to hear about vinnyvania returning, love that feature

totally forgot they beat iv, though it makes sense considering it's babby's first cv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom