• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought for a moment there that you said planets can be moved if you use steroids.

Now I have images of roided out kerbals in my mind.

Note that we also have over 200 shirts to give away if you vote! Unfortunately shipping costs are going to prevent us from shipping these outside of the continental U.S. Sorry about that! All shirts are going to be XL Unisex as well; unfortunately we won't have the ability to customize each of them size-wise."

Oh damn, I had no idea they were giving away so many. Totally makes sense if they're sending out 200. My bad.

Chuck

Still without luck
so i'm thinking about playing all the main zeldas, currently on link to the past.

which of these can I skip?

490ace35cb.png

so i'm thinking about playing all the main zeldas, currently on link to the past.

490ace35cb.png
Skip any of the four swords style side games and play the rest. Tri force heroes is also skippable, it's just 4 swords with one less sword

Also, for the n64 games get the 3ds versions and get the HD versions of the gamecube games.

Skip anything Four Swords. I didn't like Spirit tracks, but some people do. I also don't think Triforce Heroes is worth playing but some in here will disagree.

Is A Link Between Worlds as awesome as Dan says it is? I only have a handful of games for my 3DS and I'm looking to start digging into the back catalog a little.

Volotaire

Serious answer:

I'd go for the main 3D Zelda games, and all the 2D games except Four Swords and Trifroce Heroes unless you have some friends to play with.

I don't know if you have or haven't played Zelda before so go for any order I guess.

Is A Link Between Worlds as awesome as Dan says it is? I only have a handful of games for my 3DS and I'm looking to start digging into the back catalog a little.

It's glorious.

daydream

Banned
if you're really going for a series playthrough, skipping a game seems pretty dumb. either form your own opinion or don't

we also had an extensive zelda discussion very recently so i dunno what chuck is doing

if we can't all agree that he ought to skip four swords adventures and tri force heroes i'm never coming to this thread again

rondo hype y'all

bye

i don't care that much if he plays x or rondo (whynotboth.jpg), i just don't wanna see bloodlines get ignored

490ace35cb.png

The gameboy games, Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks.

If you were really into Link to the Past, it brings back a lot of those kinds of memories. But even if you weren't, it's a solid top-down Zelda.

Chuck

Still without luck
Skip any of the four swords style side games and play the rest.

Also, for the n64 games get the 3ds versions and get the HD versions of the gamecube games.

Can't I skip oracle and tri force heroes too? >.>

And I already bought those versions so I should be set.

Related note: Link To The Past is awesome. Inspired me to get this hair.

JK those are only semi related

Can't I skip oracle and tri force heroes too? >.>

And I already bought those versions so I should be set.

Related note: Link To The Past is awesome. Inspired me to get this hair.

JK those are only semi related
Most of the zelda games stand on their own so you really can come to those games at any time. Almost all of the portable zelda games are considered great so I would gIve them a shot at some point

And yeah don't bother with tri force heroes or hyrule warriors unless you're super desperate

Zebetite

Banned
i don't care that much if he plays x or rondo (whynotboth.jpg), i just don't wanna see bloodlines get ignored

if he only played one 16-bit game, it would need to be rondo
if he played two, it would need to be rondo and bloodlines

we are sadly at the point where vinny needs to play all three 16-bit 'vanias in order to redeem this grievous oversight

did you see what we all think about P2 on the previous page? you ain't gonna get good answers here

We're just figuring out who in this thread can be trusted.
Most of the zelda games stand on their own so you really can come to those games at any time. Almost all of the portable zelda games are considered great so I would gIve them a shot at some point

And yeah don't bother with tri force heroes or hyrule warriors unless you're super desperate

This is good to hear, I've got 4 Zelda games in the backlog that I want to play but I've held off as I've not been sure if they should be played in a certain order.

Nowy

In Kerbal, can I build a giant rocket made of boosters facing up so when I launch from the pad, they push down into Kerbal, altering its orbit?

Scott Manley actually made a video talking about this idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G01NoaTM46o.

And todays Project BEAST was the first time in the series I wanted to rip my hair out. Not because I was angry or frustrated at them, its just that orbital rendezvous is one of the hardest things to do in the game, and Vinny got soooo close at least 4 times but didn't know how to finish it. All he had to do was cancel out relative velocity but he kept pointing anti target instead of retrograde. But they did kinda figure out what to do eventually. Getting that Kerbal who is orbiting the Sun back is going to hard. They'll have to get the phase angle between Kerbin and the stranded ship if they want to make it as easy as possible. At least it'll be good practice for going to other planets.

GavinGT

Banned
It's been a while since I played Kerbal. They just need to alternate between burning toward the target and burning retrograde to cancel relative velocity, right?

They sort of bumbled their way into the solution at the end, but I'm not sure that they remember exactly how they did it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

490ace35cb.png

Play: ALTTP, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker.

~fin

Maybe throw Link's Awakening in there, I find its 2-button equip scheme pretty tiresome. It's the best handheld Zelda anyway. For sure skip all the OG DS ones, they're awful. ALBW is debatable, I haven't finished it yet but it feels flimsy and superfluous so far, like ALTTP remixed.

In any event, those are the 4 I'd consider must-play, or essential, or the best, or what have you. You will for sure burn out if you try to play all of them, and as someone who grew up alongside the series, those are the 4 I'd recommend, both from a historical curiosity perspective, as well as a pure quality perspective. They are the best ones.

yami4ct

The Oracle games are the best 2D Zelda titles if you can get passed the old inventory system. They're so good. You shouldn't skip them.

Phantom Hourglass has some cool ideas, but is skipable. I'm a huge Zelda fan and even I didn't play Spirit Tracks.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Oracle games are not better than ALTTP or Link's Awakening, get out of town!

Jintor

so sad kerbal always unfailingly uploads either right before I go to sleep or, today at least, just as I arrive at work :(

oh well i only have one class to teach today. (But four tommorrow and thursday and probably an afternoon class I haven't planned for yet, gugh)

yami4ct

Oracle games are not better than ALTTP or Link's Awakening, get out of town!

When taken as a single entity, they in fact are better than both of those.

ALTTP is fantastic, but the Oracle games built on that in a way that makes them awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom