• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to imagine they'll be on that boss rush for a while, especially if they never get Maria.

the boss rush might not be a difficult fight if
vinny still remembers them from the first game

that's actually a quick stage given that it's just the rush.

Now, when he gets to that bridge stage, i expect broken gamepads

Brashnir

So is it pretty much impossible for them to get the kerbal orbiting the sun right?

No. It's not going to be easy, but the same orbital mechanics should work. Escape Kerbin, get in a lower Solar orbit to catch up, transfer the kerbalnaut over, and then get in a higher solar orbit to get back to Kerbin.

I did it the other day, just to see if I could make it work.

edit - using their current technique, it will take about 80 Kerbin years for them to rendezvous, but I don't think Kerbals age.

yami4ct

So is it pretty much impossible for them to get the kerbal orbiting the sun right?

Impossible in general or impossible for the BEAST crew? It certainly can be done, as you can visit even the outermost planets, but there is almost no chance in hell Project BEAST can do it alone.

Xater

No. It's not going to be easy, but the same orbital mechanics should work. Escape Kerbin, get in a lower Solar orbit to catch up, transfer the kerbalnaut over, and then get in a higher solar orbit to get back to Kerbin.

I did it the other day, just to see if I could make it work.

How long does that take in in game time? A couple of years?

I've finally been recognized for my contribution to the Giant Bomb community. Matt Rorie is sending me a tshirt personally.

Actually, I was just randomly chosen amongst anyone that submitted a GOTY list on the site. I didn't even remember it was a contest.

I've finally been recognized for my contribution to the Giant Bomb community. Matt Rorie is sending me a tshirt personally.

Actually, I was just randomly chosen amongst anyone that submitted a GOTY list on the site. I didn't even remember it was a contest.

I didn't realize you could win stuff! Awesome. What shirt?

Patryn

I wish GBeast would move on to another game. I don't find Kerbal or the Castlevania games interesting at all.

They have been playing other games, however. There was the American Truck Simulator, Phantasmagoria 2, Far Cry 2, etc.

While not discounting your opinion, Kerbal is a separate feature that doesn't affect their livestreams, and Castlevania pops up maybe once a month or so.

Strax

They have been playing other games, however. There was the American Truck Simulator, Phantasmagoria 2, Far Cry 2, etc.

While not discounting your opinion, Kerbal is a separate feature that doesn't affect their livestreams, and Castlevania pops up maybe once a month or so.

I would like for the time put in those features towards something else

Hell, we haven't had any Castlevania since Nov 13. It's been a pretty long break and during that time they've finished 2 other games and done a couple of one off streams with a few games. It definitely feels like a good time to bring VinnyVania back for a bit.

Time to start that Danganronpa playthrough.

6RLeeQi.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I actually kind of want to watch someone from giantbomb playthrough Persona 2.

Because I like watching the crew suffer.

Also dracula x sounds like a really shitty goth punk band.

That BEAST was beautiful. Just beautiful. I can't believe how insane that was

Yeah it was. While the Scott Manley one was obviously better executed, you gotta give props to the B.E.A.S.T. crew for how they handled their first rescue. Now they just need to do it two more times! I can't wait to see their reactions to the Manley, video though.

I actually kind of want to watch someone from giantbomb playthrough Persona 2.

Because I like watching the crew suffer.

Also dracula x sounds like a really shitty goth punk band.

That would probably be pretty entertaining, the game has a bunch of great character stuff similar to P4 and the game also goes completely off the rails at times. Unfortunately it plays like shit and while you can basically sleepwalk through the PSP version of IS you don't have that choice with EP.

yami4ct

While P2 does have some interesting story and character stuff, I don't think that stuff is as good as it is in P3 and P4 and it certainly doesn't make up for how damn boring it is to play. The battle system and P2's particular demon recruiting system are horrible.

Chuck

Still without luck
"I don't this we get him on this turn."

"yeah this isn't it"

HE'S RIGHT THERE JUST FUCKING GET HIM FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGFRFFFF

Chuck

Still without luck
Close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades and rescuing stranded Kerbal from a ship slowly orbiting earth.

They're so close they could literally point to him and grab him. I am completely baffled at this imaginary science that says it wouldn't work.

edit: wait I thought this was 3 hours?

They're so close they could literally point to him and grab him. I am completely baffled at this imaginary science that says it wouldn't work.

edit: wait I thought this was 3 hours?

They were going hundreds of meters per second and Vinny was at the controls, being cautious was probably the smartest move lol.

popo

Haha, for real? I can't imagine they're giving away many shirts so that's kind of lame.

From Rorie : "Hey, we're doing our Community GOTY list a bit differently than we did last year! All you need to do this year is to head to this voting page over here and enter your ten choices in the order you like them. We'll shut down voting when we get back to work in early January (probably the 5th or so?), but until then, feel free to shuffle your list around as you get everything in order.

You can choose from any game in the database, but any game not released in 2015 will be disqualified when we tally up the winners. Use your best discretion as to what that means, vote for what you know in your heart to be a game that belongs in this list, and we'll sort out everything in 2016.

Note that we also have over 200 shirts to give away if you vote! Unfortunately shipping costs are going to prevent us from shipping these outside of the continental U.S. Sorry about that! All shirts are going to be XL Unisex as well; unfortunately we won't have the ability to customize each of them size-wise."

http://www.giantbomb.com/hey/give-us-your-top-10-games/

I didn't realize you could win stuff! Awesome. What shirt?

goty2015-shirt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom