• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Megalovania isn't even the best song in undertale.

Also I feel like if you hate everything undertale stands for, homestuck is like 10x what undertale is.

Megasoum

Banned
At this point I actually wish they would watch the Scott Manley video to learn how rendez-vous actually works. Even by knowing the theory they would still need many attempts to get it right.

Right now they are just doing whatever for 2hours until they might get super lucky and then still botch it.

Megasoum

Banned
"But in the end it's still gonna be something like 200m away from the other ship wich is WAY TOO FAR" -Austin

Wait... what? Argghh

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
At this point I actually wish they would watch the Scott Manley video to learn how rendez-vous actually works. Even by knowing the theory they would still need many attempts to get it right.

Right now they are just doing whatever for 2hours until they might get super lucky and then still botch it.

But that's the point!

It's so fucking frustrating....

They are at 400m away from the ship and instead of just killing the velocity they go all out on the main engine in the other direction to "get it on the next pass"....wtf

Edit: 100m!!! FFS

Bruh you came to the wrong place if you want some competent Kerbal vids.

LiK

I wasn't too hot on it when I first encountered it in the game, but after a couple of re-listens it's easily A+ tier. It's so damn good in terms of composition and thematic relevance. So many swings from section to section keeps the track fresh throughout.

Spider waifu still best tho.

Muffet was backer designed. i feel like they should've let that fan design a few more monsters, haha

Muffet was backer designed. i feel like they should've let that fan design a few more monsters, haha

Aren't there two or three hidden monsters that are fan designed?

Also as far as songs go, Bonetrousle is actually one of my favorites. It starts off like all that goofy stuff that starts playing whenever you see the comical Papyrus, but then when you turn Blue it gets a rocking back to it and goddamn that was cool.

UncleGrumpskin

Neo Member

Also as far as songs go, Bonetrousle is actually one of my favorites. It starts off like all that goofy stuff that starts playing whenever you see the comical Papyrus, but then when you turn Blue it gets a rocking back to it and goddamn that was cool.

Glyde and So Sorry

Oh, turns out Muffet was designed by the author of Ava's Demon, a popular webcomic.

LiK

this song was when the game was like "shit just got real" to me. that's when i knew this game was gonna go places. it's a highlight but not my fave track but def one of the most memorable moments.

demidar

Bonetrousal wasn't made for Undertale, iirc it was something Toby made before or had in cold storage.

When Papyrus' Blue Attack hits you is so fucking good. It's like "gatdamn this game is amazing!"

Now I'm flipping through the soundtrack since I bought the whole package and I forgot how good the introduction to Asgore's theme is. Actually that specific moment too.
When his trident smashes through the Mercy button, I got real excited.

Undertale OST got robbed

LiK

Now I'm flipping through the soundtrack since I bought the whole package and I forgot how good the introduction to Asgore's theme is. Actually that specific moment too.
When his trident smashes through the Mercy button, I got real excited.

Undertale OST got robbed

YUP, i bought the OST right after i finished the game. it's godly.

Bonetrousal wasn't made for Undertale, iirc it was something Toby made before or had in cold storage.

When Papyrus' Blue Attack hits you is so fucking good. It's like "gatdamn this game is amazing!"

"You're blue now."

That's definitely the moment where that game hits its stride.

def sim

Muffet's theme is my favorite. All the build up in the beginning and then it breaks down, it's such a fun listen.

That game had one hell of a soundtrack for sure.

Jintor

The amount of leitmotif weaving in the Undertale OST is really something. Stuff like the Caves theme, or the two Metaton leitmotifs that drift in and out and eventually all get jammed into Death by Glamour, or the simple repetition of the Undertale main theme that appears everywhere... ugh. Musically it's such a good soundtrack.

Jeff: "I'm sick of this indie pixel music crap"

Me: "Goddamnit jeff"

demidar

There's a reason why I put Undertale on as number one on my Soundtrack of the Year post. Even though many tracks individually are great, they also intertwine and reference other tracks like a relationship web and that really elevates the whole thing, the dictionary definition of "Greater than the sum of its parts".

It's not something you can get from listening to a few tracks on YouTube, you gotta let it percolate in your mind. /stillsalty

LiK

The amount of leitmotif weaving in the Undertale OST is really something. Stuff like the Caves theme, or the two Metaton leitmotifs that drift in and out and eventually all get jammed into Death by Glamour, or the simple repetition of the Undertale main theme that appears everywhere... ugh. Musically it's such a good soundtrack.

Yep. Worst moment of the GOTY talks.

yea, don't remind me guys. i wish Jeff played more of it to really appreciate the later tracks.

i haven't played Splatoon yet and i dismiss the music as crap from the bits i've heard so i'm equally ignorant.

i haven't played Splatoon yet and i dismiss the music as crap from the bits i've heard so i'm equally ignorant.

Splatoon's music is hit and miss but there are a lot of strong pieces there, and all of it definitely fits in with the style that Splatoon has. Final boss theme in particular for the single player portion goes so well with the battle itself.

Undertale fans complaining about their game not winning top 3 when TFTB and Heavensward weren't even mentioned smh.

And Trails of Cold Steel! Robbed!

neshcom

Banned
Project BEAST is KILLING me. When Alex says (1:49:17)
"because the second you let go [EVA] of that ship, you're just gonna go fucking flying"
had me on the floor.

Chuck

Still without luck
Project BEAST is KILLING me. When Alex says (1:49:17)
"because the second you let go [EVA] of that ship, you're just gonna go fucking flying"
had me on the floor.

holy shit I missed that line.

they really are at another level of clueless and it is honestly something magical.

Jintor

He looked up the ending on wikipedia so he didn't need to.

Splatoon's music is hit and miss but there are a lot of strong pieces there, and all of it definitely fits in with the style that Splatoon has. Final boss theme in particular for the single player portion goes so well with the battle itself.

Yeah, Splatoon has a really great soundtrack, and it's a deserved winner too. The fictional bands and the way all those songs diverge from one another, incredible. Not exactly a leitmotif kind of OST though.

The ragtime piano and the chiptunes bands are my favourite. And the Squid Sisters too, obviously.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Yeah it is craaaaaaazy to me that Undertale didn't make the top 3

Jintor

Oh right, I forgot it lost to the instantly forgettable MGSV soundtrack. Other than WHAAA HAAAA I couldn't name another tune out of that game.

I scrubbed through the OST looking for decent songs. All I got was Quiet's Theme, Sins of the Father, most of the trailer songs + Here's To You, and the Phantom Pain main theme (pretty sick electropop).

I overrode the helicoptor music with vice city music so that kinda didn't enter into it for me.

It's probably something to do with the red-white-black color scheme, but Superhot REALLY reminds me of Mirror's Edge in a lot of ways. It's just a shooter instead of a first person platformer.

ASGORE's probably my favorite track from Undertale, but most of it is good.

I scrubbed through the OST looking for decent songs. All I got was Quiet's Theme, Sins of the Father, most of the trailer songs + Here's To You, and the Phantom Pain main theme (pretty sick electropop).

I overrode the helicoptor music with vice city music so that kinda didn't enter into it for me.

Most of the trailer songs aren't even in the game. Baffling choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom