• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Metal Gear game that deserves a music award is Rising.

I feel like Rising did everything right for a Metal Gear game but people who are diehard fans of the mainline series refuse to acknowledge that it's just as good (or better, depending on who you ask*) as MGS.

The soundtrack was so dumb/good but the execution was perfect in the game.

Tubobutts

Based on the songs they played I liked Splatoon the best. I also like the concept of the music being made by different in universe bands.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Metal Gear Rising playthrough needs to happen. That game is too fucking amazing for it to not get its time to shine.

Just a real 10/10 soundtrack, too.

YOU HERE ME, DAN!!?!?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
BTW, any of you visit the giantbomb tvteopes page?

It's pretty funny to see what tropes people can tie them to.

Especially when there's an actual dreadful musician trope tied to Dan.

Jintor

BTW, any of you visit the giantbomb tvteopes page?

It's pretty funny to see what tropes people can tie them to.

Especially when there's an actual dreadful musician trope tied to Dan.

I love troping stuff that isn't quite pure fiction but isn't quite just fact either

still no wiki for idle thumbs, maybe i'll make one

Four-Temperament Ensemble: The original Bombcast crew: Vinny is sanguine, Ryan is choleric, Jeff is melancholic, and Brad is phlegmatic.
The recent Bombcast crew: Dan is sanguine, Jeff is choleric, Brad is melancholic, Drew is phlegmatic, and Jason is leukine.

Oh, TVTropes

Tubobutts

Yes I have looked at the TV Tropes page for Giantbomb.com, but recently the app I was using to look at it on my phone has stopped working so I haven't lately.

Jintor

It's also a nice way to remember all the past idiocy that happened on the site.

You know, I can't remember when I first heard about or started watching Giant Bomb, and I've watched the goddamn Best Ofs so much I've probably futzed my memory regarding it.

Maybe I can trawl through the OTs until my name starts popping up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, I can't remember when I first heard about or started watching Giant Bomb, and I've watched the goddamn Best Ofs so much I've probably futzed my memory regarding it.

Maybe I can trawl through the OTs until my name starts popping up.

My first distinct memory of giantbomb was "who the fuck are gonna watch all these persona videos" and being very angry at their coverage of blazblue.

Joeku

90s Canadian kid bias, but that last UPF was so great.

Yuuuup.

And yeah, I'd love for them to play through Rising. It would shine a light on everything that MGSV did both right and wrong.

MGSV has some of the best mechanics and player control of any game ever (barring a few niggles), but terrible pretty much everything else.

Metal Gear Rising is fucking awesome in almost every way and pretty dumb. It's a little short and a little simple, but it generally expands throughout. Platinum Games shows KojiPro the fuck up.

Regarding Kerbal:

I'm completely shocked Vinny was able to do this pretty much on the first go. After watching the Manley video I was sure the beast crew was doomed. I mean Vinny pretty much knew exactly what he needed to do. Either he had an epiphany one morning, he did research, or he watched the manley video.

Regarding Kerbal:

I'm completely shocked Vinny was able to do this pretty much on the first go. After watching the Manley video I was sure the beast crew was doomed. I mean Vinny pretty much knew exactly what he needed to do. Either he had an epiphany one morning, he did research, or he watched the manley video.

He didn't watch the Manley video else
He would have just fucking flown to the other ship one of the many times they were SO CLOSE to it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Did you know that violence breeds violence, but in the end it has to be this way?

I certainly didn't before playing MG Rising. But now I do.
MGS V didn't teach my anything.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I know most people here are probably still premium members, but I want you to see the glory of ads on Giant Bomb:

unbenannt3lsnr.jpg

The Kia ad also has a countdown cursor that, if it reaches zero, goes fullscreen/theatre mode.
That The Divison ad can play a trailer right there, hovering over the site. It played some video in the background when I went there the first time today.
And if that weren't enough, the ads load one by one, so it's slowly building this tower of ads before you can ever click on anything.

If this were the first time I went to the site, I would probably never come back.

Jintor

Wow. I was too busy laughing at Vinny and Co's antics that I completely failed to notice I had completely fucked the staging for my rockets. So when I tried to bring them close enough to dock, and was within 100m, instead of jettisoning my giant burner engine I jettisoned all my engines.

...ON BOTH OF THE SHIPS

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
20.000€ for a KIA? Ha! No thanks!
Begeistert somebody else!

I just checked, I only see the "The Division" trailer, which is annoying enough for me.

Xater

I know most people here are probably still premium members, but I want you to see the glory of ads on Giant Bomb:

The Kia ad also has a countdown cursor that, if it reaches zero, goes fullscreen/theatre mode.
That The Divison ad can play a trailer right there, hovering over the site. It played some video in the background when I went there the first time today.
And if that weren't enough, the ads load one by one, so it's slowly building this tower of ads before you can ever click on anything.

If this were the first time I went to the site, I would probably never come back.

We put an ad in your ad....

Tubobutts

When I get signed out of Giantbomb it is horrible. On the other hand, yesterday GAF gave me an ad for Wartortle. Just the Pokemon Wartortle.

daydream

Banned
i'm a bulbasaur guy myself but i won't hesitate to admit that wartortle is probably my favourite design out of the three starters and their evolutions, followed by ivysaur

250px-008Wartortle.png

look at him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom