• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjolle

They talked about Xbox event on the podcast..

Brad is traveling today, so the podcast might be up early. Or not...

Meneses

I don't know. I enjoyed the BEAST episode with Scott, but the newest one went back into snooze fest territory for me.

Same here, the Manley episode was excellent - altough I admit it's unfair to compare it to the Beast crew.

That moment near the beginning and the last 15 minutes of this episode were pretty good.

I guess what i'm saying is we need a Best of Project B.E.A.S.T. recapping the episode.

the spirit of wartortle has visited you. you play a beautiful melody on the flute. but nothing happened

WTF, I played that through my speakers and my cats started growling.
I guess I clicked the link at the right time. Started off by hearing Jeff's immediate reaction to the Rock Band 4 PC Fig campaign (And by learning that there is a Fig campaign for Rock Band 4 PC).
And now I learned that from you!

Coming out with frequent Xbox One updates seems like a solid way to solve the power problem on the consoles and get people into an annual/biannual upgrade cycle like smartphones.

I'm still feeling confident about getting my own PC tho.

I guess I clicked the link at the right time. Started off by hearing Jeff's immediate reaction to the Rock Band 4 PC Fig campaign (And by learning that there is a Fig campaign for Rock Band 4 PC).
Yep, if ever there was anything to Archivlr it would be Jeff's live reaction to the Rockland stuff.

He's talking about the Coleco mess now.

EDIT - Rockland, you know...Cleveland!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
My "the ads are ridiculous" thread kinda blew up on the site, but Rorie answered and will look at it which I appreciate.

But over the course of that discussion something else came up:
"GB has 51 trackers running"..."Forty four of those are classified as ads (Adsense, NetRatings, and many more.), while six are analytics (Google analytics, qualtrics, etc.). The last one is an Adobe font thing."

Oh man.

looking forward to Alex's thoughts about Rock Band going on Fig
1.5 million for a PC port is nuts. The series doesn't even have a following on that platform.

Zaph

looking forward to Alex's thoughts about Rock Band going on Fig

zrDNMuV.png

VRIQhQ8.png

But over the course of that discussion something else came up:
"GB has 51 trackers running"..."Forty four of those are classified as ads (Adsense, NetRatings, and many more.), while six are analytics (Google analytics, qualtrics, etc.). The last one is an Adobe font thing."

Oh man.

Standard practice unfortunately.

jaina

man it's really bad when you tweet something that you think is clever and hilarious and you get nothin'

tough crowd these days

so anyway, glad we could all agree on wartortle being the illest
I went to twitter to like your post, but sorry I can't. You've had way better material for my taste in the past.

jaina

and while im busy typing on mobile all that interesting hmx shit happens.
yeah that business has no future, best wishes to the employees.

Ever since Pope and Drake left Harmonix GB hasnt been afriad to be honest about the gloomy looking future of Harmonix. Its refreshing because boy.... I dont want to say "that studio is doomed" but its kind of obvious they put a lot of their eggs in the Kinect basket while planning for next gen and once that was killed they had nothing and have been grabbing at straws.

Then the Amplitude Kickstarter happened and was totally miss handled and paid for it.

Xater

Nick Chester also left them recently and is now working at Epic doing things for Paragon. Harmonix probably really isn't in good shape.

Nick Chester also left them recently and is now working at Epic doing things for Paragon. Harmonix probably really isn't in good shape.

They probably have a year or two left in their current condition, I'm honestly surprised they lasted this long with their recent output.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how much money Rockband still makes through DLC and older titles, like, people still buy Just Dance for the Wii...

Lingitiz

Project BEAST is such a weird series. I find it pretty boring to watch most of the time but occasionally something super hilarious or crazy happens. But getting to those parts is such a bore sometimes, especially when they're just messing around with the orbits.

Xater

They probably have a year or two left in their current condition, I'm honestly surprised they lasted this long with their recent output.

I also wonder with the Rockband thing how many eyeballs Fig actually gets. I know I haven't paid attention to it since Psychonauts 2 was a thing on there and I didn't even back that. Looking for the figures for that game I also can't help but wonder if they would have made more on Kickstarter.

Alex is not done with the hot takes:

bildschirmfoto2016-03krstl.png

kiguel182

Project BEAST is such a weird series. I find it pretty boring to watch most of the time but occasionally something super hilarious or crazy happens. But getting to those parts is such a bore sometimes, especially when they're just messing around with the orbits.

That's what I feel about them.

I haven't watched it lately just because it is mostly boring. But when something happens is so amazing. I'm really torn about it.

Xater

That's what I feel about them.

I haven't watched it lately just because it is mostly boring. But when something happens is so amazing. I'm really torn about it.

As Meneses said, if you would condense the 3 hours into the 30 minutes that are entertaining you might have something.

daydream

Banned
cut out the construction parts and the orbit planning and you got a pretty alright series on your hands

i just have it running.in the background and only pay attention when they get loud

jaina

fine

what's your twitter handle, anyway. blanking on it right now
haha, you never knew. I didn't follow you (until now) because my handle is something completely different and I was too shy to introduce myself.

One more note on GilvaSunner: just looking at the selection of games, that's a great list.

I watch them while I do something else (Presently: Fire Emblem grinding). I feel like the amazing moments are enhanced a little bit by how long it took to get there, the discussions and arguments that were had, and the growing hope or despair that hits a crescendo right before a great moment happens.

I watch them while I do something else (Presently: Fire Emblem grinding). I feel like the amazing moments are enhanced a little bit by how long it took to get there, the discussions and arguments that were had, and the growing hope or despair that hits a crescendo right before a great moment happens.

Yeah, whenever I watch a Project BEAST video I'm always doing something else, whether it's working, gaming, etc. It's a great background sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom