• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frith

i think that its all good even the slow bits are interesting to see how they work it out.

but its ok for us to like different things. i never watch the west coast adventure/story game streams. i much prefer things like load our last souls or this where its mechanically interesting even if (because?) they aren't the best at it.

not that i want to pit things against each other but the never ending 2d castlevania train is just as peak and troughy as kerbal.

i'm glad it comes out uncut but maybe project b.e.a.s.t the movie is possible

Cutting out the building and orbiting stuff in B.E.A.S.T. would do more harm than good for me. Without the buildup and insight into their thought process there's not much to be gained from seeing their success.

Regarding the ads, I have to say they've turned the site into hot garbage. I'm non-premium and here's what I'm looking at on the front page:

-Huge The Division ad. It's bigger and more prominent than the GB logo
-Another The Division ad right below it asking me to watch the trailer
-A Best Western ad titled "Best Kept Secrets For Planning Your Best Vacation Yet"
-An ad for Hilary Clinton 2016
-An ad for an online furniture store that has retailers worried
-An ad about reverse mortgages and why bankers are hiding them
-Another mortgage ad that has banks on edge
-7 signs and symptoms of lung cancer ad
-Yet another reverse mortgage ad
-Another Hilary ad. She's apparently ready to take on the NRA now
-An ad for the worst kept secrets among book lovers...eBooks
-Another ad for The Division at the bottom of the page

For you guys that have been premium members forever, log out and take a look. I get that they want people to subscribe but it's like they're intentionally infesting the site with ads to make it as unreadable/unenjoyable as possible until you pay them.

Cutting out the building and orbiting stuff in B.E.A.S.T. would do more harm than good for me. Without the buildup and insight into their thought process there's not much to be gained from seeing their success.

yeah, the tension built in watching how carefully they're pulling these jenga pieces is what makes the result worthwhile

\For you guys that have been premium members forever, log out and take a look. I get that they want people to subscribe but it's like they're intentionally infesting the site with ads to make it as unreadable/unenjoyable as possible until you pay them.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be out of their hands. Also who doesn't use adblock these days?

But yeah it's bad, and they're not the only ones that get this aggressive.

oti

Banned
Regarding the ads, I have to say they've turned the site into hot garbage. I'm non-premium and here's what I'm looking at on the front page:

-A Best Western ad titled "Best Kept Secrets For Planning Your Best Vacation Yet"

For you guys that have been premium members forever, log out and take a look. I get that they want people to subscribe but it's like they're intentionally infesting the site with ads to make it as unreadable/unenjoyable as possible until you pay them.

YIKES
I even got a video pop-in ad.

I had to log in on my iPad a while back, and though this was a bit annoying.

5XoOpell.png

Your's seems worse!

TraBuch

Banned
Post stopwatch nerf? Damn dude that's awesome. Great job!
I got Brimstone on like the third floor, then I got Guppy's Head in a red chest on The Cathedral to complete the Lord of the Flies transformation. Then I got a Holy Mantle in one of those four chests on that floor after you kill Isaac which kept me from dying against ??? which would've caused me to break my TV.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I got Brimstone on like the third floor, then I got Guppy's Head in a red chest on The Cathedral to complete the Lord of the Flies transformation. Then I got a Holy Mantle in one of those four chests on that floor after you kill Isaac which kept me from dying against ??? which would've caused me to break my TV.

Do you have Rebirth? Not starting with the Holy Mantle makes the excitement understandable, the way the game is currently The Lost is my second favorite starting character.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm playing on the PS4.

Fair enough. I didn't even bother trying to unlock the Lost until after they made a few changes in Rebirth. Now the Keeper is around and always being the worst at everything.

Also about the ads:

#69 Edited by edgework (390 posts) - 1 hour, 1 minute ago

We do not allow that kind of crap on Giant Bomb. This shows up because ad networks one or two links down the chain allow undesired ad buyers on their networks. This happens often in Europe while we're asleep. We'll get this shit taken down asap

I see Game Informer put up a video showing the first 40 mins of Dark Souls III...

I wonder did GB East or West (Vinny or Brad I guess) go to a similar event?

jaina

@edgework is great. And allowed a regular night's sleep.

Still, even with the subscriptions, all these other sites being shut down will eventually lead to more annoying ads on GB.

Also about the ads:

auto-play video ads are pretty gross, but otherwise (now that it's fixed) it's not that bad. but the people in that thread defending what the OP saw before edgework showed up is pretty funny/sad

ed actively making the game worse because of a few streamers

he's fallen into a weird loop since rebirth came out where he's fucking up his own game out of annoyance with some of the people who play it

it's progressively becoming less fun every time he does it

I'm happy to see that I was totally right about where the xbox brand was heading. Hopefully MS handles this well.

As for The Lost, I cheesed those achievements by quitting out of the game when I died to get another chance. I don't feel bad about it. The original iteration of The Lost was bullshit.

@edgework is great. And allowed a regular night's sleep.

Still, even with the subscriptions, all these other sites being shut down will eventually lead to more annoying ads on GB.

This has nothing to do with the state of the site that I mentioned in my earlier post about ads.

TraBuch

Banned
I just realized that I beat it on Hard mode. Huh. Cool beans. And is he supposed to start with the D4 in Rebirth? Or is that an Afterbirth-only thing?

As for The Lost, I cheesed those achievements by quitting out of the game when I died to get another chance. I don't feel bad about it. The original iteration of The Lost was bullshit.

How different was the original iteration?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah they closed my thread and call it fixed, but I'm still seeing this:

Notice the ad above the ad to the left. Also that The Division ad played a fullscreen video in the background seconds before.

Demption

Notice the ad above the ad to the left. Also that The Division ad played a fullscreen video in the background seconds before.

I'm seeing none of those in Europe

oti

Banned

Ooooohhh GRATIS?!
I NEED DAT!

jaina

I'm seeing the exact same ads on MS Edge, from Germany. But the The Division(tm) ad hasn't started playing yet. On Internet Explorer it did play once but without sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom