• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Notch's transformation into Ultimate Edgelord has finally completed. He's against "the sissification of society" so you know he's legit. PC culture has gone crazy! Poor Stephen Fry was bullied off of twitter! Won't someone think of the rich white men with millions of followers on twitter?!

perhaps he can make a youtube channel where he uses his european senses to go on 'rants' and talk up gentlemen, canes, and top hates. because that's a pretty fresh concept in 2016.

Oh that thread is going to keep on giving for a long time.

*clicks link, thinking that post is a crest of a minor wave*

NdIr10y.gif

So that's a thing, yah? A bug zapper thread for silliness every day here?

yami4ct

It is objectively well written. Like I said, people who say it isn't well written, their argument boils down to 'L isn't in the 2nd part'. That's all.

Nah. It's an absolute mess throughout. Melodramatic, poorly plotted, with a horrible main character it wants to pretend is a super cool genius.

Series has way more problems than the lack of L in part 2.

Let's not get started with the way it treats its female cast. Oof.

Nah. It's an absolute mess throughout. Melodramatic, poorly plotted, with a horrible main character it wants to pretend is a super cool genius.

And those are all your subjective opinions. It is an objectively well-written story. Just because you dislike the beats for being dramatic or not following the path you wanted it to, and you disliked the main character despite many other people liking it, that does not make it not well-written.

And it's Japanese. Like 99% of all Japanese 'me treats its female characters horribly, but atleast Light clearly used women for his ends, they weren't just there for eye candy.

It is objectively well written. Like I said, people who say it isn't well written, their argument boils down to 'L isn't in the 2nd part'. That's all.

Let's not get started with the way it treats its female cast. Oof.

get a room you two, you've been arguing circles around each other ever since death note came up

yami4ct

And those are all your subjective opinions. It is an objectively well-written story. Just because you dislike the beats for being dramatic or not following the path you wanted it to, and you disliked the main character despite many other people liking it, that does not make it not well-written.

I can't tell if the 'objectively well written' thing is you being sarcastic or if you actually believe that's possible. The internet is bad at sarcasm.

Non-anime question of the night: I've never played a Persona game. I have a PS3 and a PS4 but no PSP. Where should I start?

Buy a cheap PSTV and get Persona 4 Golden if possible. If not, grab P4 Vanilla off of PSN.

Guess Who

Banned
Non-anime question of the night: I've never played a Persona game. I have a PS3 and a PS4 but no PSP. Where should I start?

Both Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 are available as PS2 Classics on PS3. Either one's a good starting point, though if you do 4 first it'll be harder to get into 3 later because they streamline quite a bit of P3's gameplay annoyances in P4. On the other hand, for the same reason, P4's usually more welcoming to a newbie.

Bowlie

Banned

I think either get

• P2:Innocent Sin and P2:Eternal Punishment (it's a duology) as PSone Classics on PS3, or
  • Persona 3:FES on PS3.

Persona 2 it's a great game, but it will be hard to come to it after P3 and P4. On the other hand, P3 is way more user-friendly.

pizzacat

Banned
Get yourself a vita tv if interested in 1 & 2

3 is at its best in P3P FeMC IMO but FES on PS3 is a close second

4 is good on the PS3 but vita tv P4G is better

Start with P4 or P4G

It's my impression that you start with 3 so you can appreciate 4 even more, and that if you try to go the other way you'll be frustrated because of the improvements 4 made on the game.

Also persona is totes anime.

P3 and P4 are on the ps3 as ps2 classics so that's the starting point. What game you play depends on how likely you would be to try P5 and if you might burn out before that comes out towards the end of the year, if that's not likely to be an issue start at 3.

yami4ct

I don't like an 'all time favorites' list because I've seen too many shows to rank them. I'll just put a list of a few things I like.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Hunter x Hunter 2011
JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure Part 2
From the New World
Mushi-Shi
Steins;Gate
YuYu Haksuho
Turn A Gundam
Any Hosoda Film
Kids on the Slope (Has huge problems, but dammit it's so heartwarming)
Revolutionary Girl Utena

Obviously, I've seen a lot more than that and there are things I like better. It also shows recency bias because it's an off the top of the head list.

HxH
Baccano
Ping Pong
REDLINE
Paprika

are mine.

This is not a bad list at all.

pizzacat

Banned
I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull out a ukulele as much as guitars.
I have, that guy is probably the biggest tool I've ever met

UHHH I JUST WANT TO WATCH JOJOS BUT DONT KNOW WHERE I JUST WANT TO SEE PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE URIEN FROM SF FIGHT EACH OTHER MANNNN

santeesioux

I took a break from HXH right before the Chimera Ant arc last summer and still haven't gotten back to that. I think I'll make that, Haikyuu, and maybe Gintama if I can watch a 300 episode show my summer shows this summer.

Thanks y'all. I'll probably just go the easy route and get them both on the PS3 since it's already wired up and ready to go after I f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶d̶ asked my fiancee to play through Metal Gear Solid (via the Legacy Collection).

Thanks y'all. I'll probably just go the easy route and get them both on the PS3 since it's already wired up and ready to go after I f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶d̶ asked my fiancee to play through Metal Gear Solid (via the Legacy Collection).
Be sure to post about how it goes, it's always fun reading peoples reaction to their first Persona game. I'd also say to check out Catherine if you end up liking the writing in P3/P4.

yami4ct

I have, that guy is probably the biggest tool I've ever met

UHHH I JUST WANT TO WATCH JOJOS BUT DONT KNOW WHERE I JUST WANT TO SEE PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE URIEN FROM SF FIGHT EACH OTHER MANNNN

Just start at Part 1 and go from there. Parts 1 and 2 are relatively short. Part 3 is where JoJo starts to really be JoJo, but it's kind of a terribly paced and plodding mess. It's all worth it to get to Part 4, which is finally getting animated this season. Part 4 might be the greatest action shonen arc of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom