• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just start at Part 1 and go from there. Parts 1 and 2 are relatively short. Part 3 is where JoJo starts to really be JoJo, but it's kind of a terribly paced and plodding mess. It's all worth it to get to Part 4, which is finally getting animated this season. Part 4 might be the greatest action shonen arc of all time.

Every day I discover that I'm like the only person who really enjoys Part 3.

santeesioux

The lack of Metal Gear Scanlon is getting kind of weird considering Drew was supposedly getting late game achievements a couple of weeks back.

yami4ct

Every day I discover that I'm like the only person who really enjoys Part 3.

Have you read any of the later stuff? Part 3 seems alright if you have nothing else to compare it to. I didn't love it when I first read it, but I didn't think it was outright bad until I read Parts 4, 6, and 7. Part 3 might be the worst JoJo part. Part 5 is down there as well.

santeesioux

A supercut would make sense, although there isn't a whole lot of side stuff left, just mainly a few tapes you have to listen to, I think.

Have you read any of the later stuff? Part 3 seems alright if you have nothing else to compare it to. I didn't love it when I first read it, but I didn't think it was outright bad until I read Parts 4, 6. and 7. Part 3 might be the worst JoJo part. Part 5 is down there as well.

I read part 4, and the rest I've had a terrible time tracking decent translations/scans of.

I... I like Part 3...

1wVb1cB

Part 3 will always have a special place in my heart thanks to the 90s ovas that introduced me to Jojo

I enjoyed watching last season but it definitely wasn't quite as fun as part 2.

I hear 4 is where it's at so I'm looking forward to it

yami4ct

I read part 4, and the rest I've had a terrible time tracking decent translations/scans of.

Parts 6-8 have actually decent translations. Part 5 is a hot mess still, though the people who retranslated 4 are working on it.

Part 5 has massive issues outside of the translation, though. I like weird esoteric stands, but the final villain's of 5 might be the biggest pile of plot device crap I've seen. The way they take it down is even worse. It also doesn't help that Giorno is kind of a bland character. Not Jotaro bland, but not great either.

Part 6 is batshit crazy and it's really amazing for it. Jolyne is an absolute badass and it just works on every level. Not Part 4 great, but very good.

Part 7 is its own weird and beautiful thing. It's so different that it's kind of impossible to describe.

I need to get back to reading Part 8. It's very strange and slow, but has a pretty compelling cast of characters.

Ok this post isn't completely off topic because it's Austin Walker recommended:

How do I legally watch Legend of Galactic Heroes. I'm pretty sure it's the only Anime I'm interested in watching, but know nothing on how to access anime.

yami4ct

Ok this post isn't completely off topic because it's Austin Walker recommended:

How do I legally watch Legend of Galactic Heroes. I'm pretty sure it's the only Anime I'm interested in watching, but know nothing on how to access anime.

I know Sentai Filmworks finally acquired the NA license for it last year. I don't think they've done anything with it yet.

The thing is a 110 episodes long, so it might take a while to get rolling. Viz has been releasing the novel series it's based on IIRC.

Production IG seems to be doing a new version of it as well. We don't know much and it won't be hitting until next year, so we'll see.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man.

I know we joke around about it.

But this fire emblem localisation thing has gone too far.

Is it as far as Bravery Default changing the Native costume to look like a Cowboy costume?

Because that change is a next level Nintendo kind of hilariously ignorant move.

yami4ct

Man.

I know we joke around about it.

But this fire emblem localisation thing has gone too far.

It was too far when there was a whole damn thread on it. It was WAY too far when Patrick gave those crazy hateful people (The fan translation people. Not everyone who doesn't like the localization is hateful) the time of day on a major games site. What happened now?

Oh, No. Nononoonono. Not like this. Goddammit. Why does this shit have to go down around one of my favorite series?

yami4ct

WE DISCOVERED SHE'S SECRETLY AN AGE OF CONSENT TALKY PERSO- oh her thesis is on her linkedin, weird

fuck gg.

The best part of this, is that if their claim is that they are against the 'censorship' in Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, than she is technically on their side. What do they have to gain from attacking her? They're purely doing it because she's a public facing woman in the industry.

Ugh. We really need to fix both the tools to deal with online harassment and the laws that do nothing to punish it.

What's wrong with CS Snowfall?

I feel bad about abandoning CS so long ago. It's so much fun, but so difficult to build a functioning city. It's my personal Project BEAST, basically.

justjim89

It's kind of a bummer that Dan can't ever break his "all normal guy, all the time" mindset, even for the sake of a bit. That fursona email at the end of the Bombcast was perhaps a bit weird, sure, but the rest of the duders played along with it fine. It's probably why he's never in the ad reads, it'd be miserable.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dan turned out to be an alien or robot sent to infiltrate the human race, and is always trying to act as "normal" as possible.

yami4ct

It's kind of a bummer that Dan can't ever break his "all normal guy, all the time" mindset, even for the sake of a bit. That fursona email at the end of the Bombcast was perhaps a bit weird, sure, but the rest of the duders played along with it fine. It's probably why he's never in the ad reads, it'd be miserable.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dan turned out to be an alien or robot sent to infiltrate the human race, and is always trying to act as "normal" as possible.

It's kind of a midwest thing. It's bred into us that there is nothing worse than being seen as not a normal guy.

As someone who has sort of struggled with this, it's kind of a really shitty cultural artifact.

Tubobutts

There was a bombcast where Jeff said something along the lines of how Dan's obsession with being a normal cool guy is sociopathic. I don't disagree.

Jintor

wow between notch, people not having a fucking clue what gender studies is or means and breaking it down into "pro paedophilia", and me reading an incredible depressing article on MRAs in the australian family court system it's been a bad hour or so for my faith in humanity.

and i haven't even checked the actual news yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom