• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I like all of Remedy's games, except Max Payne 2 which I love.
I will buy QB simply because I like Remedy's style (and because I still think Time Manipulation is rad) though I don't expect to like it as much as I did with other Remedy games.
Their games always had a weird "otherworldly" feel to them. The weird Valkyr stuff in MP1, the dreamsequences and the funhouse level in MP2, all of Alan Wake. It always feels like it could take place in reality but something is just slightly off (I'm talking about the general world in AW, not the monster stuff if that makes any sense).
But QB is just "Time powers are real and future and shit!"

I just found Maxy Payne to be a serious that takes itself seriously. I can't enjoy that in a video game.

You're right.

FthgLIe.jpg
edit: Fixed. Fuck images that show up on image search but can't be hotlinked.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I played enough to get the gist of it before I dropped it because I couldn't get into the story.

Look, I'll explain the story in very simple terms to you. Max payne is plagued by the most painful constipation known to man, and he has to get this drug called valkyr to stop his extremely painful constipation. Problem is that there are assholes in his way trying to stop him from curing it, so he has to kill them and pop painkillers now and then just to temporarily sooth that painful constipation.

That's why he jumps so much, it's because remaining vertical makes it harder for him to control his extremely painful constipation.

Look, I'll explain the story in very simple terms to you. Max payne is plagued by the most painful constipation known to man, and he has to get this drug called valkyr to stop his extremely painful constipation. Problem is that there are assholes in his way trying to stop him from curing it, so he has to kill them and pop painkillers now and then just to temporarily sooth that painful constipation.

That's why he jumps so much, it's because remaining vertical makes it harder for him to control his extremely painful constipation.

I would play a game where the main character has to take laxatives

Houndi101

Truth: I woud replay Max Payne 3 this instant if I could skip the long ass cutscenes as fast you could skip the cinematics and comic book stuff in 1 & 2.
Such a great game to replay.

Xater

Truth: I woud replay Max Payne 3 this instant if I could skip the long ass cutscenes as fast you could skip the cinematics and comic book stuff in 1 & 2.

But you can't which is one of the reasons it is inferior to other two games.

hamchan

Those dream stages in Max Payne might be some of the worst levels I've ever had the misfortune to play in a video game. Love the whole series though.

I'm like 99% sure you couldn't skip cinematics (the in-engine ones) in the first game. I've seen that metrosubway stage introduction dozens of times.

daydream

Banned
for anyone who subbed to the gilvasunner account, some of the new uploads slayed me. ghost house, windy hill, flipswitch galaxy, turnabout sisters, etc. i have no idea how they are churning them out at such a consistent quality

edit: the yoshi's island one, ahahaha

Patryn

Any week without a blight club is a bad week.

If they do a BLLSL this year, they need to do another segment where the introduce Blight Club. Just play it totally straight faced as a new feature.

Then never actually have any episodes the following year.

Rinse and repeat every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom