• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, I did not see that NMS content on the schedule.

Looks good:

Thirty Minutes With No Man's Sky
ARTICLE ON MAR 03, 2016 11:00 AM
Four Questions About No Man's Sky
VIDEO ON MAR 03, 2016 11:00 AM

I wonder if that's what Brad was going to check out in L.A. this week.

Power Bombcast this week?

RAD!

But other then Shane returning I cant think of anything that has actually happened in the world of WWE since the last one. I guess the hilarious mess the main event build has become should be worth at least a half hour of discussion.

Hopefully Dan has finally joined the Lucha Underground club.

XUQDp87.gif

justjim89

Power Bombcast this week?

RAD!

But other then Shane returning I cant think of anything that has actually happened in the world of WWE since the last one. I guess the hilarious mess the main event build has become should be worth at least a half hour of discussion.

Hopefully Dan has finally joined the Lucha Underground club.

XUQDp87.gif

There's also the Daniel Bryan retirement and the fact that WWE is doing a better job of making Ambrose a top face than Roman.

There's also the Daniel Bryan retirement and the fact that WWE is doing a better job of making Ambrose a top face than Roman.

I forgot Bryan retired since then. That seems like ages ago now.

But yeah the Roman stuff is hilarious. Apparently he will be off TV for another 3 weeks while his face heas and subbing in Ambrose just made it even more clear they picked the wrong guy because the crowd reactions with Ambrose are night and day what they where with Reigns.

So if the 3 week thing is true will Reigns be back for 2 RAW's before mania or only 1?

I forgot Bryan retired since then. That seems like ages ago now.

But yeah the Roman stuff is hilarious. Apparently he will be off TV for another 3 weeks while his face heas and subbing in Ambrose just made it even more clear they picked the wrong guy because the crowd reactions with Ambrose are night and day what they where with Reigns.

So if the 3 week thing is true will Reigns be back for 2 RAW's before mania or only 1?

wait, are they seriously keeping roman away from chicago and philly because people hate him so much

bigkrev

wait, are they seriously keeping roman away from chicago and philly because people hate him so much

I was in the crowd for the last Raw in Philly. Roman was cheered like crazy all night long
Him winning the title in the main event didn't hurt, but he was cheered from the first time he appeared that night

I was in the crowd for the last Raw in Philly. Roman was cheered like crazy all night long
Him winning the title in the main event didn't hurt, but he was cheered from the first time he appeared that night

Sure, but that was the night after he fucked up Triple H and they gave us a version of Reigns that the crowd enjoys, not the "ruined the ending to the Fastlane main event/please continuing murdering him, Triple H" Reigns we have right now

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If roman is already disliked by the crowd then why not just make him a heel? Or is he so bad at the mic that he can't convince people that he's a fake jerk?

This is genuinely the most fascinating thing about wrestling in the past few years, maybe the past decade altogether (The Daniel Bryan thing was the same problem in the other direction, and that might beat this out). They make a live television show and are ignoring that the live audience hates the protagonist. I'm trying to picture Ben Affleck being so god damned terrible as Batman that the crowds start hoping the Joker kills him because that's about where the average WWE show is. But even if that happened you wouldn't hear the boos every time Batman hits Joker if you were watching the movie at home alone.

Looks good:

Thirty Minutes With No Man's Sky
ARTICLE ON MAR 03, 2016 11:00 AM
Four Questions About No Man's Sky
VIDEO ON MAR 03, 2016 11:00 AM

I wonder if that's what Brad was going to check out in L.A. this week.

I can't wait for tomorrow. There's going to finally be a big info dump of No Man's Sky! Will my waking nightmare be confirmed??

KingKong

The info embargoes seem so goofy to me when the clock strikes and 20 articles all writing the same thing because they all saw the same event drop

yami4ct

The info embargoes seem so goofy to me when the clock strikes and 20 articles all writing the same thing because they all saw the same event drop

For impressions, it can make sense. You want your early impressions to be well written and well reasoned. Not having an info embargo means you risk creating a race to be the first to print. This is horrible for quality of content and can lead to creating a lot of false impressions marketing has to try and undo later.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'd rather have "Thirty Minutes with No Man's Sky" be the video and "Four Questions About No Man's Sky" be the article.

Four questions is all you need though.

1. Where do you get off charging $60 when I could be feeding orphans or buying Ubisoft games?
2. Seriously I can shoot things right?
3. But what do you do in Firewatch?
4. Could you show us the game for a half hour or so?

TraBuch

Banned
Holy shit there're a lot of "Hero gets trapped in an MMORPG and is now a god who uses all his gaming skillz" anime out there. Are they all as bad as SAO?

yami4ct

Holy shit there're a lot of "Hero gets trapped in an MMORPG and is now a god who uses all his gaming skillz" anime out there. Are they all as bad as SAO?

.Hack is still a beautiful mess of a cross media franchise and I love it to death flaws and all.

There was one recently that AnimeGaf seemed to like. Might have been Log Horizon.

Unfortunately they all kind of mush up together into the same basic stories and story beats. It's sadly extremely predictable and most of them are terrible because it's the same thing over and over, and lately it's often just an excuse for a harem anime.

If you've watched .Hack don't ruin your memory by watching others. There hasn't been a good MMORGP story in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom