• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Skullomania for SFV DLC PLEASE!

This thing looks awesome! What's it from?

It's Bandai's new revised edition of the SH FIguarts Kamen Rider Decade.

http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Decade

Kamen Rider Decade is a really weird show made to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the franchise's reboot in japan. KR in general has some amazing designs and Bandai's figuarts line absolute kills it.

7-6.jpg

Kamen Rider Drive

7-2.jpg

Kamen Rider Gaim

5-4.jpg

Kamen Rider Kabuto

AcridMeat

Banned
Is the show similar to Power Rangers in any way? That's the vibe I get from the designs, but these look better.

I could never get into this type of collecting, but the designs are cool.

yami4ct

Yep. The japanese version of Power Rangers, Super Sentai, and Kamen Rider are actually sister shows. They've aired together in the same block for years. Sentai tends to be focused on younger kids, while KR is more of a show that goes for older kids/young adults. It's usually a bit darker and more complex than Sentai, which I think shows in the complexity of suit designs.

Power Rangers also has to do a whole team of heroes, while KR focuses on 1-3 typically.

yami4ct

Kamen Rider is cool as fuck. People actually die!

Even the ones that aren't in the serious 'people are going to die' camp are cool. Fourze is charming as hell and genuinely funny. The only Riders post the modern reboot that I think aren't worth watching are Wizard and (probably) Ghost. Given we're going on 20 years now, that's a good average.

LiK

Even the ones that aren't in the serious 'people are going to die' camp are cool. Fourze is charming as hell and genuinely funny. The only Riders post the modern reboot that I think aren't worth watching are Wizard and (probably) Ghost. Given we're going on 20 years now, that's a good average.

The last one I watched was Kabuto. Absolutely loved it. I'm way behind.

yami4ct

The last one I watched was Kabuto. Absolutely loved it. I'm way behind.

I need to finish Kabuto and watch Kuuga and Ryuki finally. I think those are the only ones I haven't done.

You've got so much great ahead of you. From Den-O, to W, to OOO to Gaim to Drive. There's such a ridiculous variety of stuff there.

LiK

I need to finish Kabuto and watch Kuuga and Ryuki finally. I think those are the only ones I haven't done.

You've got so much great ahead of you. From Den-O, to W, to OOO to Gaim to Drive. There's such a ridiculous variety of stuff there.

Yea, I just fear I will want to buy more figures whenever I watch a new series, lol

And you should totslly finish Kabuto, probably my fave KR series by far.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why so much Street Fighter

why not MK XL. Are they that over that game already? Just seems weird considering Jeff, Dan, and Jason were into it when it came out.

LiK

Why so much Street Fighter

why not MK XL. Are they that over that game already? Just seems weird considering Jeff, Dan, and Jason were into it when it came out.

I am pretty curious to see them play all the new content as well. Maybe Jeff is waiting for Jason to come back to do the QL?

yami4ct

Yea, I just fear I will want to buy more figures whenever I watch a new series, lol

And you should totslly finish Kabuto, probably my fave KR series by far.

Let me tell you, that's exactly what happens. Watching an old KR series almost instantly leads to me having a Mandarake tab open to see if I can find some of the older SHFs.

These gorgeous renewal figures have been so hard to resist. Decade is actually my first. They're so damn expensive, even by SHF standards.~$50 for a 6in figure is oof. They're so good, though. Wish I bought Kabuto when he was still available. His aftermarket price is silly. Well, Black RX got a reissue recently, so hopefully Kabuto will as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Game Tapes 01: The Majestic Xbox

He said that no one is really that interested in new characters, saving it for UPF segment.

Weird. Even if you don't care for the movies, what they've shown of the new characters look like fun playstyles. I've heard Triborg and Boraicho are actually both surprisingly deep to play. I don't think they've ever shown ANY of the new characters and I honestly find most of them more interesting than 'Johnny Cage Again'

LiK

Let me tell you, that's exactly what happens. Watching an old KR series almost instantly leads to me having a Mandarake tab open to see if I can find some of the older SHFs.

These gorgeous renewal figures have been so hard to resist. Decade is actually my first. They're so damn expensive, even by SHF standards.~$50 for a 6in figure is oof. They're so good, though. Wish I bought Kabuto when he was still available. His aftermarket price is silly. Well, Black RX got a reissue recently, so hopefully Kabuto will as well.

Yea, I have a bunch of SHF KR figures. Mainly Faiz, Blade, Kabuto and the OG KR rebooted guys. Those are three series I fell in love with and watched all the way through. I also have the Medicom 1/6 figures. I should take some pics and post in Action Fig thread.

Game Tapes is something I've been hoping for since they moved back into the old offices. Makes use of both the extensive Gamespot archive AND Jeff being a (second gen?) industry OG to get some hilarious hindsight and great tales of things in and around video games past and present.

On a side note I really hope he has started jotting down some notes here and there for a book down the line as mentioned in old Jar Times. It may take another decade or so but I'm super curious to hear or read from more industry vets about the debauchery and "wild west" nature of a pre-buttoned down games industry - especially E3 in the 90s. We've started to get the important historical stuff in recent years, but I want the fun stuff too!

I'm loving Drews inclusion into Game Tapes. His experience as a video producer really helps give background to how these things are. And I like when they're doing
Luigis Mansion
and Drew comments that small clips can't work with BGM, and then they have a separate BGM track included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom