• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not defending it, it's stupid for different reasons to pre-order a video game because you liked the property it was based on. It's just understandably stupid with the possibility of being an even worse purchasing decision when they inevitably screw up the transition.

And I want to see the receipts for people who pre-order No Man's Sky's Arwing edition because they loved Joe Danger 2 that much.

Hey man I just like Sean Murray he's endearing and adorable I'll preorder for him.

Come at me

I'm not going to preorder

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
For anybody interested, Spintires is no longer unplayable because the developer may or may not have programmed a kill date for the game in the event of nonpayment.

Spintires is still pretty cool. In my brain that was a Vinny video though, because that probably should have been a Vinny video.

For anybody interested, Spintires is no longer unplayable because the developer may or may not have programmed a kill date for the game in the event of nonpayment.

Spintires is still pretty cool. In my brain that was a Vinny video though, because that probably should have been a Vinny video.

Drew did a find job Spin Tiring. I will preorder a Drew because of that, come at me.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

That game screams Vinny and Drew to me for some reason.
What a weird thing this is. I kinda enjoy the "timebomb" thing, it's so stupid and dumb.
Obviously not that fun for fans of the game

I'm curious: what are y'all's thoughts on survival/crafting games in general? I really loved Minecraft (and to a lesser extend Terraria) but it's hard to deny that all the half-baked "how bout Minecraft with guns/dinosaurs/zombies" games that hit Early Access in the years following have really soured people on the concept. I could definitely get down with another survival game that's actually finished and doesn't look like it was made with generic Unity assets.

Treat your women with respect yo.

hqg-65.gif

I'm curious: what are y'all's thoughts on survival/crafting games in general? I really loved Minecraft (and to a lesser extend Terraria) but it's hard to deny that all the half-baked "how bout Minecraft with guns/dinosaurs/zombies" games that hit Early Access in the years following have really soured people on the concept. I could definitely get down with another survival game that's actually finished and doesn't look like it was made with generic Unity assets.

Too many game out to try and ride the minecraft dollars that I burned out entirely on caring about the genre because they all boiled down to the same basic mechanics with very little variation or uniqueness to them. Terraria was a lot of fun though, steam says I played 47 hours of that which is quite a bit for that little game.

Minecraft's sandbox mode actually did improve by cutting out the middleman and letting me freeform build.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Some look alright but they don't interest me in the least. Bored doesn't begin to describe how I felt when confronted with Minecraft, I love Don't Starve only in theory until I start playing it, and I played 30 hours of Terraria with a few friends over the course of a month and regret every minute of it. I am usually okay ignoring their entire existence until they start appearing in games that otherwise might be good.

Kind of like Fallout 4, but if that had the potential to be good in the first place. No Man's Sky is easily the most disappointing.

Dineren

Banned

I really like the idea of them, but I have yet to find one I actually enjoyed playing. I guess the closest would be Minecraft, but I'm pretty sure I played before hunger mattered so there wasn't much to survival.

LiK

I'm not defending it, it's stupid for different reasons to pre-order a video game because you liked the property it was based on. It's just understandably stupid with the possibility of being an even worse purchasing decision when they inevitably screw up the transition.

And I want to see the receipts for people who pre-order No Man's Sky's Arwing edition because they loved Joe Danger 2 that much.

People preorder cuz they know they'll play it day one. Doesn't matter if it's an existing property or new. if the CE/LEs look good too, they'll want it. I don't see the problem with this.

daydream

Banned
i get the requests for watching old conferences but the b-roll is just as fascinating to me and screening that stuff for archiving purposes is pretty cool and important

So I haven't been paying the closest attention to No Man's Sky lately, but say I find a really cool planet. Is there for me to like, send those coordinates to a friend or post them online so other people could come check it out? Not necessarily to meet up for co-op, but just to share the planet.

I've tried a few of them -- Minecraft, Terraria, Don't Starve -- and none of them have ever really grabbed me. I like the concept of these games but I just don't have the attention span to commit to some of the insane grinding that a lot of them require.

It's probably the only time I've enjoyed an FF story. And the world/music is some of the best of any video game. It's a fantastic game that continues to get better.
The base ARR story is a little weak for like half of the game but the quality has just increased since that point. I have some issues with the actual MMO aspects but as a FF game it's one of the best.

jaina

I got in the mood 2 days ago and currently am 6 hours into FF XIII. Enjoying it so far. Mostly because of the combat and some great convenience features.
(My expectations were obviously very low because of years of internet discussions, with a bit higher expectations kept in store for Gran Pulse at 30 hours in.)
Currently seems like a higher good/bad stuff ratio than X-2.

I hope JV brings some Disney Infinity figures for Dan. Which ones would he like?

Kimaka

I loved Minecraft and it's the only type of those games that I have played. The others seemed like more of the same and weren't different enough from Minecraft to entice me. NMS is space minecraft which I am down for. Being a full retail release and not Early Access is a big plus in its favor.

i get the requests for watching old conferences but the b-roll is just as fascinating to me and screening that stuff for archiving purposes is pretty cool and important

I enjoy seeing old PS1 and PS2 era titles that I had no idea existed because I wasn't paying attention to the industry or reading game magazines back then.

Throw me down as a vote for watching Cloverfield.

I got in the mood 2 days ago and currently am 6 hours into FF XIII. Enjoying it so far. Mostly because of the combat and some great convenience features.
(My expectations were obviously very low because of years of internet discussions, with a bit higher expectations kept in store for Gran Pulse at 30 hours in.)
Currently seems like a higher good/bad stuff ratio than X-2.
The combat, art and music are all really great but pretty much everything else is real rough. I'm determined to beat the trilogy before 15 is out, I need to witness the absurd places that the story is supposed to go.

Should I watch Cloverfield?

Yeah, I think it's worth watching. The end is a letdown though. The spoiler is for people who've seen it:
I don't dislike how it ends. The ending's understandable as it's a found footage movie, but it's frustrating how they ended up there. I'm talking about the helicopter lingering and circling for no reason, only to be swatted at by the monster. Ugh. That was soooooo stupid. They could've simply had something where the camera is dropped out of the chopper. Everything up to that point was good, if not great, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom