• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloverfield is a movie where anything that happens that might be interesting is in the background while you follow a bunch of unlikable asshats around and feel nothing as they die off one by one.

jaina

The combat, art and music are all really great but pretty much everything else is real rough. I'm determined to beat the trilogy before 15 is out, I need to witness the absurd places that the story is supposed to go.
I also like the linearity :)
2 years ago I played several times through the Lightning Returns demo, so this XIII playthrough is partly because of my attachment to the FF series and partly because I want to get to LR.

This will be a fun year. I love Zelda and Final Fantasy and have played most titles in each series, but 2016 will be the first time when I have the console to play the new game at launch.

lacrosse is pretty intense

cN6A8k8.gif

My brother used to be the head athletic trainer for a Major League Lacrosse team called the Chesapeake Bayhawks. The uncle of one of his best friends owns the team. Lacrosse is a very under-appreciated sport. Though, that is regular lacrosse. The lacrosse that is featured in the game is NLL (National Lacrosse League), which is an indoor league. But, yeah. Lacrosse to me feels sort of hockey like in its back and forth intensity.

Cloverfield is a movie where anything that happens that might be interesting is in the background while you follow a bunch of unlikable asshats around and feel nothing as they die off one by one.
That last Godzilla movie...man
This will be a fun year. I love Zelda and Final Fantasy and have played most titles in each series, but 2016 will be the first time when I have the console to play the new game at launch.
Last year was really good for games but I think this year has the potential to be way better, at least for my tastes.

Cloverfield is an incredible experience, especially if you dig into all the ARG plot stuff.

I've been following the 10 Cloverfield Lane ARG and it seems pretty interesting so far, I'm excited to see what the movie is like.

Godzilla had way more screentime than Cloverfield did, and damn those parts were great. But american audiences wouldn't get it if you didn't have Military McWhiteperson running around screaming about his family.
I feel like Godzilla was way more of a tease with it's Godzilla scenes and that was really frustrating. Cloverfield just made it seem like there was crazy stuff going on that the characters are trying to get away from, sucks if you want a straight up monster movie but I felt it worked fairly well.

LiK

Godzilla had way more screentime than Cloverfield did, and damn those parts were great. But american audiences wouldn't get it if you didn't have Military McWhiteperson running around screaming about his family.

I loved the recent Godzilla movie. The audio was incredible.

Myggen

Watching recent GB content, it's insane how influential The Matrix was on video games the years after it came out and how bad most of that stuff has aged. Has to be one of the most influential movies of all time if we're thinking impact on pop culture.

daydream

Banned
judging from jeff's latest tweet, i'm assuming we're getting nintendo's e3 presentation from 2005 on the next game tapes episode

Watching recent GB content, it's insane how influential The Matrix was on video games the years after it came out and how bad most of that stuff has aged. Has to be one of the most influential movies of all time if we're thinking impact on pop culture.
Matrix hit at a pretty good time when games were starting to become more cinematic after the awkward first years of 3D.

But yeah, I guess everything was Matrix for a while there.

that's like one of two times godzilla was in the movie. The rest was a bunch of bumbling human fuckwads who were annoying and terrible and fuck that.

the only time the humans are tolerable was when they all came flying out of the sky with those flares attached to them.

Lunar FC

My brother used to be the head athletic trainer for a Major League Lacrosse team called the Chesapeake Bayhawks. The uncle of one of his best friends owns the team. Lacrosse is a very under-appreciated sport. Though, that is regular lacrosse. The lacrosse that is featured in the game is NLL (National Lacrosse League), which is an indoor league. But, yeah. Lacrosse to me feels sort of hockey like in its back and forth intensity.

I can't handle those sports that are just constant action and people could score at any moment. It's too much for me.

that's like one of two times godzilla was in the movie. The rest was a bunch of bumbling human fuckwads who were annoying and terrible and fuck that.

the only time the humans are tolerable was when they all came flying out of the sky with those flares attached to them.

word.

They could've done so much more The cinematography was top notch. All the rest... meh.

I'm going to be so bummed when they completely forget about Game Tapes after three episodes.

it might make it closer to five, they seem excited about the idea

Strax

The funny thing is that The Matrix is it self is a loveletter to other movies and stories like Star Wars and Tarantino movies.

judging from jeff's latest tweet, i'm assuming we're getting nintendo's e3 presentation from 2005 on the next game tapes episode

If he's already checking it out then maybe GameTapes is going to be pretty frequent. They recorded the first episode on Friday last week so maybe the second will be recorded tomorrow.

2004 or 2005 had "My name is Reggie. I'm about kicking ass and taking names. And we're about making games."

One of those years has a Gameboy Micro pulled out of somebody's pocket.

FStop7

Banned

Have you ever seen Remedy's pre-Max Payne demo that's a near shot for shot lift of the Matrix lobby shootout?

I can't handle those sports that are just constant action and people could score at any moment. It's too much for me.

I know what you mean. So many times a team gets the ball/puck to the other end of the field/rink and turns it over to the other team. It can sometimes be exhausting (emotionally), especially if you have a rooting interest. When the ball/puck is in the enemy territory, you get excited hoping for a score/goal, When the ball/puck is in your team's area, it's tense and makes you cringe, fearing your team will give up a score/goal. Since these games are so back and forth, you can go back and forth through different emotions within seconds. That can be too intense for some people.

2004 or 2005 had "My name is Reggie. I'm about kicking ass and taking names. And we're about making games."

One of those years has a Gameboy Micro pulled out of somebody's pocket.

Pretty sure those were both 2005. I seem to remember 2005 as having more blunt trash talk about Sony/Microsoft than we're used to from Nintendo nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom