• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, that can't be right. I'm pretty sure the dreamcast version of Rez came out in the West didn't it? And well before the ps2 version.

Edit: I guess it did come out pretty much the same time in Europe. Weird, I remember things differently.

Secret best part of the Mario Maker update that wasn't mentioned: a button to just scroll over your stages and see exactly where the death Xs and comments were left without having to actually play through it and die a bunch, or stare at the tiny thumbnail that only showed the first subworld.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Secret best part of the Mario Maker update that wasn't mentioned: a button to just scroll over your stages and see exactly where the death Xs and comments were left without having to actually play through it and die a bunch, or stare at the tiny thumbnail that only showed the first subworld.

Seriously. I have a few stages that I built in classic "underground" style where you start out aboveground, and I could never get any decent death tracking

Was sad to hear no Great Detective Pikachu for EU/NA :(

We got that weirdo horse solitaire game after like two years, so don't give up hope on game featuring Pikachu, extremely recognizable video game mascot.

Also, it's episodic, so they might be waiting for the whole thing to be released before localizing it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I am very apprehensive about the Red Coins/Keys stuff. I greatly fear an influx of "puzzle" or "boss" levels that take away platforming for combat and hidden block searches. Those kind of levels are always bummers to run into, IMO. LET ME PLAY THE DAMN MARIO GAME. THIS ISN'T METROID AS MUCH I WOULD LIKE ONE OF THOSE.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
We laugh and we joke and everything, but I'm watching Game Tapes and Federation Force legitimately would have been the worst looking game on this feature mostly about PS2 games. It wouldn't have been close.

FStop7

Banned
I didn't need to see that J. Allard B-Roll. I nearly cringed out of my own skin.

I can't put my finger on what made the Tommy Tallarico footage fun and the Allard stuff so painfully awkward.

We laugh and we joke and everything, but I'm watching Game Tapes and Federation Force legitimately would have been the worst looking game on this feature mostly about PS2 games. It wouldn't have been close.

Why do the graphics look so bad? Luigi's Mansion 2 (which is a game, Giant Bomb) looks great.

Looks aside, the increasingly frantic attempts to sell the concept reek of desperation. How pathetic will this get?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Why do the graphics look so bad? Luigi's Mansion 2 (which is a game, Giant Bomb) looks great.

Looks aside, the increasingly frantic attempts to sell the concept reek of desperation. How pathetic will this get?

According to the direct it started as a DSi game. Looks like it's finishing that way too.

n3ds_metroidprimeff_ss3ujm.png

Somebody was paid to provide screens for the press and this was among the best that poor person could do.

I am very apprehensive about the Red Coins/Keys stuff. I greatly fear an influx of "puzzle" or "boss" levels that take away platforming for combat and hidden block searches. Those kind of levels are always bummers to run into, IMO. LET ME PLAY THE DAMN MARIO GAME. THIS ISN'T METROID AS MUCH I WOULD LIKE ONE OF THOSE.
On the one hand, I agree, Mario is about platforming.

On the other, people are going to make those levels anyway, so throwing those creators (and all creators) a few big bones so they don't have to keep relying on POW Block pedestals, or Bowser Jr. in a clown car where the exit is high up or Big Bowser in a tiny room with fire flowers or whatever, then go for it.

It's like, I don't really care that much for the shmup levels either, but Nintendo decided to make it easier by making the fire clown car so people didn't need to keep having Fire Flowers spawn and shoot at awkward angles.

According to the direct it started as a DSi game. Looks like it's finishing that way too.

n3ds_metroidprimeff_ss3ujm.png

Somebody was paid to provide screens for the press and this was among the best that poor person could do.

Hilariously, ratings are disabled on the Federation Force trailer on youtube but not on any of the other direct stuff.

daydream

Banned
i don't really see anything wrong with federation force with the exception of the art direction which is easily the weakest thing about it. i'm not sure if you guys are talking about that or the fidelity, though. i think the latter is not really a problem. people should really know by now that screenshots of 3ds games aren't fit to serve as basis for anything

i don't really see anything wrong with federation force with the exception of the art direction which is easily the weakest thing about it. i'm not sure if you guys are talking about that or the fidelity, though. i think the latter is not really a problem. people should really know by now that screenshots of 3ds games aren't fit to serve as basis for anything

The art is appalling. As for fidelity, other 3DS games look much better than it, even when blown up. For example, the brief gameplay footage of Monster Hunter from the same direct looks like it's running on a different system, as does Kirby.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
On the one hand, I agree, Mario is about platforming.

On the other, people are going to make those levels anyway, so throwing those creators (and all creators) a few big bones so they don't have to keep relying on POW Block pedestals, or Bowser Jr. in a clown car where the exit is high up or Big Bowser in a tiny room with fire flowers or whatever, then go for it.

It's like, I don't really care that much for the shmup levels either, but Nintendo decided to make it easier by making the fire clown car so people didn't need to keep having Fire Flowers spawn and shoot at awkward angles.

It just makes me a little sad every time I have to skip a bunch of levels in Mario Challenge for being complete bullshit. I just want to have some platforming fun, why is everyone trying to be Dan Ryckert?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What does it say about GB West that more than anything I just want commentary of them talking over footage rather than watch them actually play games?

Like, I'm bummed they didn't do a stream for the Nintendo Direct. I know they give a shit about like 0.1% of it but that just makes it better.

judging from jeff's latest tweet, i'm assuming we're getting nintendo's e3 presentation from 2005 on the next game tapes episode

Cool. I hope they do Sony's 2005 conference (note: 2006 was the infamous one), too. This was the conference that had the return of the ducks demo, the Killzone 2 "gameplay" reveal trailer, and other stuff relating to PS3's potential. Then I hope for 2006, because, man, that was something else...

What does it say about GB West that more than anything I just want commentary of them talking over footage rather than watch them actually play games?

Like, I'm bummed they didn't do a stream for the Nintendo Direct. I know they give a shit about like 0.1% of it but that just makes it better.

E3 man.

One of the best times for content.

Jintor

It just makes me a little sad every time I have to skip a bunch of levels in Mario Challenge for being complete bullshit. I just want to have some platforming fun, why is everyone trying to be Dan Ryckert?

should be able to just filter tags in mario challenge

Lunar FC

We got that weirdo horse solitaire game after like two years, so don't give up hope on game featuring Pikachu, extremely recognizable video game mascot.

Also, it's episodic, so they might be waiting for the whole thing to be released before localizing it.

It is weird that the horse game was the only thing that I found interesting in the Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom