• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it is

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is its own game, and doesn't have the "Super Mario World 2" moniker in Japan. Is it a sequel to SMW?

Is Mario Land 3: Wario Land a sequel to Mario Land 2? It stars a different character and plays differently. What about Wario Land 2? Is that still part of the Mario Land series?

Demons Souls is a game with one heck of a framerate at times. Boy.

Also I am so glad I have played the other Souls games before Demons because those menus dont explain shit.

Also the leveling up lady is the same actress as the Doll from Bloodborne. Good callback. looked up her IMDB and those are the only 2 games she is in.

yes, it is

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is its own game, and doesn't have the "Super Mario World 2" moniker in Japan. Is it a sequel to SMW?
Last time we played the it-had-a-different-name game it was with zelda gaiden and whether majora's mask was a side game or not.

The blood is still fresh from that conflict.

On another note: I can't seem to put more than an hour into each sitting with God of War ascension. It's a beautiful game with an insane scope at times and a damn near second to second spectacle but after about 45 minutes I need a break from it all.

At least it's not having the severe pacing issues that gow3 had. Not yet.

Megasoum

Banned
I remember reading about Majestic in PCGamer back in the days...

I never "played" it though... Not even sure it was available in Canada.

Speaking of PCGamer, I still have all my old issues and I was reading through some random ones the other day. It's funny to see old columns from Gary Whitta (including the one where he talks about buying is very first Mac computer and how he's thinking as maybe switching from PC... lol in hindsight). Also game reviews from "Intern Norm Chan".

L5k3JOx.gif

Speaking of PCGamer, I still have all my old issues and I was reading through some random ones the other day. It's funny to see old columns from Gary Whitta (including the one where he talks about buying is very first Mac computer and how he's thinking as maybe switching from PC... lol in hindsight). Also game reviews from "Intern Norm Chan".

That magazine was amazing back in the day, especially the demo disks (back when downloading demos was a pain in the ass). I remember the one issue they straight up gave away like 20 classic DOS games on the disk (including X-COM!). As someone who started gaming without a console, PC gaming was all I had so I read that magazine religiously for nearly a decade.

pizzacat

Banned
I'll check the Ep out tmm at work or during playing the uc4

The Toriyama Connection is a new drug movie about people smuggling shit inside dbz merchandise

Megasoum

Banned
That magazine was amazing back in the day, especially the demo disks (back when downloading demos was a pain in the ass). I remember the one issue they straight up gave away like 20 classic DOS games on the disk (including X-COM!). As someone who started gaming without a console, PC gaming was all I had so I read that magazine religiously for nearly a decade.

So many PC Gamers!

I really need to clean up that shelf lol. At some point I had them all up in the proper order to make the "PC Gamer" logo on the side but,clearly, that was a while ago lol

You can see the GIANT Duke Nukem Forever issue in there. That's the very first one I bought in November 1997 (announcing Duke Forever for the next year lol).

Man... A 448 pages magazine! They don't make those anymore these days.

Jintor

it was a little disappointing to get on the internet and realise, oh yeah, no-one to reminisce over australian mags with

on the other hand i ended up working at my australian mag of choice, so it probably evens out

Zocano

Games Tapes was a great segment and I hope they roll through some more pretty soon. Unfortunately it'll probably end up being more of the just standard B-est b-roll of games rather than the weird cooky 90s interview and behind the scenes stuff. But who knows what sort of tapes gamespot has lying around. Could be a straight up gold mine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan needs to stop using the scapegoat of him bieng young as to why he likes Jeff deemed 'bad games' and tell Jeff like it is

the shit Jeff likes from back then is shit and the shit he hates was actually good

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
it was a little disappointing to get on the internet and realise, oh yeah, no-one to reminisce over australian mags with

on the other hand i ended up working at my australian mag of choice, so it probably evens out

Ooh what is it?

I actually don't think I can name one australian gaming mag.

Jintor

pcpowerplay. I also ended up working for hyper, but I don't really have as much nostalgia there.

very first issue I got from an easter showbag I think. Had a review of The Sims 1

I know this kind of thing has happened before, but I find it weird they are doing a Quick Look for Ultimate Chicken Horse. It's that game they've played several times on UPF where you place things to screw over the other players. I guess it's out of early access or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom