• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHA! So yesterday, I watched Game Tapes and they got to the lacrosse version and I wondered why there haven't been many lacrosse games. Boom! Out of nowhere, one is coming out next week for PS4/XB1/Steam from the Big Ant Studios (know for the Giant Bomb favorite Don Bradman Cricket series). The came is called Casey Powell 16 Lacrosse. Not knowing much about the names of the athletes of the lacrosse, I was amused to find out he played for the 2013 Chesapeake Bayhawks (who won the championship that year). My brother was actually the head athletic trainer of the team that season, so he'll probably get a kick out of this. I look forward to a Quick Look.

I know this kind of thing has happened before, but I find it weird they are doing a Quick Look for Ultimate Chicken Horse. It's that game they've played several times on UPF where you place things to screw over the other players. I guess it's out of early access or something.

Yes it is coming out.

I know this kind of thing has happened before, but I find it weird they are doing a Quick Look for Ultimate Chicken Horse. It's that game they've played several times on UPF where you place things to screw over the other players. I guess it's out of early access or something.

Well not everyone has a premium sub or may have been interested in seeing how far it's come since starting in early access. If it's like a mini-UPF then all the better.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
HAHAHAHA! So yesterday, I watched Game Tapes and they got to the lacrosse version and I wondered why there haven't been many lacrosse games. Boom! Out of nowhere, one is coming out next week for PS4/XB1/Steam from the Big Ant Studios (know for the Giant Bomb favorite Don Bradman Cricket series). The came is called Casey Powell 16 Lacrosse. Not knowing much about the names of the athletes of the lacrosse, I was amused to find out he played for the 2013 Chesapeake Bayhawks (who won the championship that year). My brother was actually the head athletic trainer of the team that season, so he'll probably get a kick out of this. I look forward to a Quick Look.
They should do a sterling archer DLC pack.

9EwOwPf.gif

Jothel

I remember Jeff saying a while ago that original Mario actually controls differently to how it is in Mario Maker. Just played some and boooy it feels weird... MM feels so much better

I remember Jeff saying a while ago that original Mario actually controls differently to how it is in Mario Maker. Just played some and boooy it feels weird... MM feels so much better

Yeah, that's the fucked up thing about Mario Maker. It gives you more of a respect for the NSMB platforming physics (which is what MM runs off of).

The aversion to subtitles by Americans (or maybe it's English speaking people in general?) is so weird to me. I don't even get the subtitles in my own language!

Tubobutts

The aversion to subtitles by Americans (or maybe it's English speaking people in general?) is so weird to me. I don't even get the subtitles in my own language!

I don't think it's that widespread. I've never known anyone in real life who complains about subtitles and most people I know are English speaking Americans.

Please don't judge us all by Dan Ryckert.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I'm going to have to hold off on The Division. I've got enough 'time sink games' and I just really don't trust Ubisoft to curate the game and keep the hackers at bay. And considering all the emphasis on PVP/The Dark Zone, that's a big thing they can't get wrong or the whole end game goes to shit.

yami4ct

I don't think it's that widespread. I've never known anyone in real life who complains about subtitles and most people I know are English speaking Americans.

As someone who lives in the midwest, where we make Dan Ryckerts, the aversion to subtitles is real and super weird. Think it's tied to the whole 'normal guy' obsession we have. To be fair, it's getting better, but I definitely run into it once you get outside of people into Japanese games and arthouse films.

derFeef

Because it is....?

Am I missing something here?

It's developed by Massive. And yeah they have been bought, but it's clearly not the same company that develops AC and FC games.
It's like a DICE/EA situation, yet people don't say Battlefield is developed by EA.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Massive has been under Ubisoft since 2008. You know Ubisoft tries to put everything under the same umbrella with their constant sharing of teams, art assets, engines, sound libraries, and concepts. You are delusional if you think there isn't an 'Ubisoft game.' The game even has towers in it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's developed by Massive. And yeah they have been bought, but it's clearly not the same company that develops AC and FC games.
It's like a DICE/EA situation, yet people don't say Battlefield is developed by EA.

But it pretty much falls in line with Ubisoft's other titles and also the stuff they've worked on under ubisoft. I'd understand if the division is an RTS like world in conflict but it's not.

derFeef

That has nothing to do with the actual people that develop the game, Massive has about 300 manpower iirc. I guess I have a different stance/view on that.

Jintor

As someone who lives in the midwest, where we make Dan Ryckerts, the aversion to subtitles is real and super weird. Think it's tied to the whole 'normal guy' obsession we have. To be fair, it's getting better, but I definitely run into it once you get outside of people into Japanese games and arthouse films.

do you guys have a public tv channel that is almost exclusively playing foreign stuff with subtitles? SBS with its bonanza of foreign content maybe helped insulate me back when i was a tyke

Khezu

Things I would do if it was easier.

Make a compilation of every time Jeff mentions Fame Douglas starting a fighting tournament.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Arrrrrrrgh.

Should I get SFV now?

Or should I wait?

I kind of don't really have anyone I super want to play as other than ibuki and she's not out for awhile.

Sorry, Dan Ryckert is the most American person I know so it's only fitting to judge all Americans by him.

I'll jump in on the why I hate subtitles discussion.

When I'm watching a normal movie/game I actually get distracted by them and read them instead of watching what is playing out on screen. I spend more time reading even though the dialog is being spoken and its clear enough for me to hear and understand it all.

for cartoon/anime pretty much the same thing as above, but with anime, the whole point of the medium is to look at the beautiful artwork and animation going on on the screen. I'd much rather have a dub in English where I understand it perfectly and don't have to read. If I wanted to read, I'd pick up a book instead.

And yes, I understand the english dubbing/translation isn't always that good, but honestly, to me, I don't have enough of an appreciation for me to ever notice the small inflections or even notice a difference when it comes to the original Japanese voices. I'm there for enjoyment first and foremost. If I REALLY love the thing, I'd probably make more of an effort to get into the original text and probably try to learn the language or something like that. (i.e. The Witcher. I played the game, loved it so much, I got the books in English translation and loved them even more, but I'm not going out of my to learn polish to "appreciate the nuances of the language since the translation isn't as good" or what most people say when they talk about translations.

Again.... this is all my preference and just thought maybe it'd shed some light into why some people don't like subtitles

Jintor

so hyrule warriors on the 3ds looks like butt, but here's the thing, it plays fine.

wish there was crossbuy or a bundle discount... or cross saves... i'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wait.

Did I miss out on being a 90's kid.

Because I recognise none of that.

Not even Jeff's?

If you need a list of what's what:

All That, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, Beakman's World, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Clarissa Explains it All, and finally That's So Raven (not 90s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom