• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Nah, it's not that you didn't capture the look and feel or anything because I think you did a great job now that I know the sources, it's just that I genuinely didn't know those shows and I consider myself (or used to anyway) a 90s kid.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Nah, it's not that you didn't capture the look and feel or anything because I think you did a great job now that I know the sources, it's just that I genuinely didn't know those shows and I consider myself (or used to anyway) a 90s kid.

Alex mack and clarissa were real good. Honestly I never watched the others, just knew about them. All That would eventually lead to stuff like Kenan and Kel and The Amanda Show which I did watch. It's all American stuff so it's easy to miss depending on where you live. We actually got waaay more Aussie programming here. It might have been interesting to see if anyone would recognise Round the Twist, Pugwall, The Girl from Tomorrow, Ocean Odyssey, etc.

Wunder

we're back! I wonder which coast will take the Ultimate Chicken Horse QL.

edit: Kelas is cool and is ok at Devil Daggers

TraBuch

Banned
GAF was down and I was trying to get in and post and see if anything new happened in the world of gaming and I couldn't get in and I was so scared and worried and it wasn't working and I kept trying but nothing happened and now it's back.

The Quantum Break conversation is hilarious to follow. "No that's Carcetti." "Yeah, Little Finger is dealing with all of this."

GAF was down and I was trying to get in and post and see if anything new happened in the world of gaming and I couldn't get in and I was so scared and worried and it wasn't working and I kept trying but nothing happened and now it's back.

and now you're disappointed.

In the time GAF was down I thought of a great idea for a website and also a cool pun name. I am going to start it. It was a fulfilling time in my life.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
have you ever

ever felt like this

I still get nightmares about that scarecrow episode

They did some really cool and weird stories on round the twist. That kinda goes for all the Australian shows we got. Also a prevalent theme of time travel/cross dimensional stuff among a lot of them.

we're back! I wonder which coast will take the Ultimate Chicken Horse QL.

edit: Kelas is cool and is ok at Devil Daggers

Is this a subtle way of telling me you beat my score again :|

During that presentation by Microsoft about the upgraded consoles why didn't someone raise their hand and ask about "The Cloud"? Wasn't that their answer to future proofing the Xbone? Of course it was BS but that was their messaging.

The more I hear about No Man's Sky, the less excited I get.

Got a friend who was just saying the same thing. At least with him it was a clear case of projecting more on it than they ever promised. He put too much hope in the multiplayer aspect of it and the more he hears about it the more he's disappointed by his own hopes.

LiK

Game Tapes is so amazing. Quite a history lesson. I bet so many of those gaming YouTube historians are gonna use the raw footages.

I was pretty satisfied with Game Tapes. Definitely some slower parts, but it was a great first episode and I hope they continue the feature on a regular basis.

I liked game tapes, but I thought it was going to more be straight old conferences. It being just handed over b footage just seems disappointing. There is just less material to talk about there. With it mostly being packaged game footage it becomes just demo derby without the actual playing.

TraBuch

Banned
Got a friend who was just saying the same thing. At least with him it was a clear case of projecting more on it than they ever promised. He put too much hope in the multiplayer aspect of it and the more he hears about it the more he's disappointed by his own hopes.

One of the major turn-offs for me is the GTA-style wanted system.

Yea i liked Game Tapes, anything that gets the guys in old school industry mode is very cool to me.

Some of those B-roll procedures are pretty interesting, especially Nintendo's approach.

Hope for some actual conferences as well though.

Patryn

So unless I missed something, there hasn't been a Beast stream this week, which should indicate we're due for one today, right?

Or are they just skipping this week?

One of the major turn-offs for me is the GTA-style wanted system.

Yeah, I can see it ending up getting tweeked some before release(if it isn't intended to be so hard to get rid of), but the way its explained almost makes me think the combat is more intended for late game. Maybe later on the cops are less to worry about because you're so strong and that allows you to do things you weren't able to before? Just makes me think that they don't want you to focus on the combat so early.

Wunder

I still get nightmares about that scarecrow episode

They did some really cool and weird stories on round the twist. That kinda goes for all the Australian shows we got. Also a prevalent theme of time travel/cross dimensional stuff among a lot of them.

Is this a subtle way of telling me you beat my score again :|

yes.

no.

Two mentions of Stardew Valley from the crew this week and still no coverage? Come on!

It feels like Dan might be the one to do a QL, and he always seems to want to form a solid opinion on the game (by playing it a bunch), before doing the QL. Dan always seems to have seen most of what he wants to show before he shows it whilst others (most GBE) seem happier to learn about games on the fly. If it is Dan doing the QL, then there is a whole lot of Stardew to discover, so I could see him holding back on the QL for a while.

justjim89

Alex tweeting about Hayabusa's death. What a bummer, RIP. One of the saddest examples of how wrong pro wrestling can go and how quickly. This video of him walking to the ring for the first time since his paralysis in 2001 is really heart-wrenching.

For those who don't know, he was a hugely influential Japanese wrestler who was tragically paralyzed in a botched moonsault.

Edit: Sorry. Didn't mean to ruin anyone's morning.

Man No Mans Sky sounds like my perfect game....except where the part where planets are so close together. I really dislike space sims on that scale that feel so small

Somebody (I forget which interview) asked specifically about that, and Sean said they made more variation in systems where planets can now be much further apart. Might not be far enough to your satisfaction, but it's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom