• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since my fiancee bought me a TPHD copy, and I've had WWHD on my WiiU for a while but never launched, I wonder which I should start with. I have distinctly better memories with TP, not that WW was bad but that I just enjoyed TP more, so I sort of want to play WW first.

oti

Banned
I like Johhny's faux eSports commentating over the rest obviously not enjoying themselves.

I've been really into the different writing on the site. I'm kind of surprised so many are dismissive of it.

Shakespeare himself could write a piece for GB and I still wouldn't read it. I mean, by all means, do what makes you happy and I'm glad that people enjoy it. But I consume something like 12+ hours of GB content a week. I'm good.

Well, I just recently caught up with Mario Party Party, just finished the live one. Why was the crowd constantly booing Dan? I actually sympathized with his decision to
fuck over everyone in the Bowser cauldron event
- why would you team up when you're being booed?

oti

Banned
Well, I just recently caught up with Mario Party Party, just finished the live one. Why was the crowd constantly booing Dan? I actually sympathized with his decision to

HES DAN

Myggen

He's the heel of MPP.

demidar

When you've been sailing during a stormy night, then shit calms down and it turns into dawn followed by daytime sailing music... Then you get some seagulls flying around you and god I just want to boot up Wind Waker now.

Meanwhile, sailing during a stormy night then getting caught by a giant octopus will forever give me primal fears about the ocean. And by that I mean make it worse than it already is.

Wind Waker is a great game.

I've been really into the different writing on the site. I'm kind of surprised so many are dismissive of it.
Agreed, I've not necessarily enjoyed every article but I'd say I've enjoyed the vast majority of them so far.
There is too much GB Content that I haven't watched, it might be time to resub and binge.

Depending on when you unsubbed there could be a nice chunk of good premium content to catch up on.

It does not matter if Giant Bomb staff actually read these threads or not, it is not right to post aggressive dismissive comments about anyone as if they are an object to tear apart and analyse. If you must criticize someone's work on an open forum such as this, which is rarely the right move, then at least try and better express the issue you have with the individual rather than a short sentence filled with sensationalism and exaggeration.

It is baffling how some people (in many other threads and places than just this one), are willing to casually throw insults around, especially when it comes to streamers and on screen personalities, but still not realize they are doing something wrong.

It's worth nothing the person making insults such as these comes of far worse than the person they initially targeted with their comments.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. I need to stop getting so upset when I see a dev I like follow someone/something on twitter I find even mildly bad. It leads me to conclusions that that person might be "pro/anti" whatever and it bugs me, and I hate myself for it. I know it's a cliche at this point, but I do think I need to stop being so offended at shit, but I don't know how. Sorry for bringing this on y'all, but I have no one I can talk to about this sorta thing, and Giant Bombs just been a place I feel like I finally belong somewhere without getting angry all the time.

I feel you man, I've been there, and it still happens from time to time. The only thing that makes it less is just kinda putting things in perspective and realizing that you simply can't put that much of your emotional energy in other people, or things that you can't control, because doing that will just make you depressed all the time. Or sometimes it's just taking a step back, looking away from your monitor, and realizing that most people hold some pretty shitty beliefs, but if I excluded people in my life based on that I'd basically be living in a cave. Also I often find that in spite of shitty attitudes or beliefs most people on an interpersonal level are really kind of alright. Because people want to be liked.

And yeah, there are a lot of disingenuous shitheels out there too. Just counterbalance it when you can. If someone's getting hate for no reason, maybe just tweet them or let them know you think they're cool, or you like their work, or whatever.

There's a lot of bad shit and bad people in the world, and it can be pretty depressing. It's trite as fuck, but you just have to focus on the good, and put your emotional energy there, rather than letting bad shit bum you out all the time. And hey, if someone is genuinely bumming you out? Just unfollow, block, whatever. No one is entitled to your attention.

pizzacat

Banned
I wonder if Marlon Brando is a thing 2016 people can relate to.
Can people relate to the one and only Jor-El

170px-Jor-EL.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, so giantbomb aren't archiving the game tapes on youtube?

Guess they can't really do it with content ID stuff huh?

But man, the bandwidth cost of such a relatively small site is kinda insane to think about.

popo

I'll always remember Evilore saying he'd talked to a dev from Projekt Red and was very excited about The Witcher 3 and met this total wall of silence from everyone else. The reactions were so strange, as if he'd said something really outrageous.

The people at that table had a similar reaction when the game came out.

Huh, so giantbomb aren't archiving the game tapes on youtube?

Guess they can't really do it with content ID stuff huh?

But man, the bandwidth cost of such a relatively small site is kinda insane to think about.

I dunno, I doubt that many people will watch the raw footage. Likely less than watch the 100 hour charity streams they put up each year.

This UPF is pretty great, I wonder if a condition for Johnny being on was to show off Infinity. Really nice to see trials for characters so you don't have to buy the toy right away.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been reading TPHD as THPSHD for the last two pages and I was really wondering why so many people bought that thing recently lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kind of hate how every asian mmo has devolved into this really boring high fantasy setting. So fucking boring. Asian high fantasy is the worst.

Boy that Windjammers clone looks bad. Like they have the absolute basics down but the character animation looks bad, the arena looks tiny because it's not to scale with the field, and the perspective when a disc is popped up looks wonky to me like it's going at the wrong angle.

Lots of work to do there to make it look as good as Windjammers. Also if the characters are just skins with no stat differences that would be pretty sad.

Been listening to the 2012 bombcasts and man, Jeff and Vinny really like Persona 4. I've definitely heard them speak really fondly on it here and there but hearing them talk about it around Golden's launch is kind of hammering home just how much they liked it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Boy that Windjammers clone looks bad. Like they have the absolute basics down but the character animation looks bad, the arena looks tiny because it's not to scale with the field, and the perspective when a disc is popped up looks wonky to me like it's going at the wrong angle.

Lots of work to do there to make it look as good as Windjammers. Also if the characters are just skins with no stat differences that would be pretty sad.

I think we can agree it just doesn't have windjammers styyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle

Curufinwe

It does not matter if Giant Bomb staff actually read these threads or not, it is not right to post aggressive dismissive comments about anyone as if they are an object to tear apart and analyse. If you must criticize someone's work on an open forum such as this, which is rarely the right move, then at least try and better express the issue you have with the individual rather than a short sentence filled with sensationalism and exaggeration.

It is baffling how some people (in many other threads and places than just this one), are willing to casually throw insults around, especially when it comes to streamers and on screen personalities, but still not realize they are doing something wrong.

It's worth nothing the person making insults such as these comes of far worse than the person they initially targeted with their comments.

Rarely the right move to criticize someone's work on a forum? Don't be so precious.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
BDO seems really fucking boring despite having that amazing character creator and what looks like a decent combat system. I'm just really bored of that cookie cutter MMO design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom