• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I kind of hate how every asian mmo has devolved into this really boring high fantasy setting. So fucking boring. Asian high fantasy is the worst.

like asian-take on western-style fantasy? or asian-style weird dragon kung fu ancient chinese myth fantasy?

popo

That Austin discussion raised valid points - apart from that one guy going a bit too far with name calling. Glad he (Austin) felt able to come in here and clear it up.

Also, not to seem opportunistic, but with Andy leaving, GB should try and poach The Point. Team Danny with Drew and make some site cross over content. Not like the GS audience appreciated it anyway.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Isn't "Fantastic character creator and boring game" the typical asian MMO modell?

That Austin discussion raised valid points - apart from that one guy going a bit too far with name calling. Glad he (Austin) felt able to come in here and clear it up.

Also, not to seem opportunistic, but with Andy leaving, GB should try and poach The Point. Team Danny with Drew and make some site cross over content. Not like the GS audience appreciated it anyway.

Wait what? What did I miss

Edit: Oh, just saw what you're talking about.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
In Jeff's MMOs that he's spent significant time with, he does not list the one for which he bought a lifetime subscription.

kgS09CX.png

rObit

Banned
Had to close the Black Desert Quick Look once they got in-game. You know the feeling when something you like gets really poorly represented? The deck was really the only hint I needed :/ Oh well, I get my giggles from them doing the same thing to other games I don't care about, so every once and awhile you just gotta take your lumps.

Move over McElroy brothers, they're the new Bartmen now.

I feel like the McElroys made Barth and GB made Liba!

UncleGrumpskin

Neo Member
I feel you man, I've been there, and it still happens from time to time. The only thing that makes it less is just kinda putting things in perspective and realizing that you simply can't put that much of your emotional energy in other people, or things that you can't control, because doing that will just make you depressed all the time. Or sometimes it's just taking a step back, looking away from your monitor, and realizing that most people hold some pretty shitty beliefs, but if I excluded people in my life based on that I'd basically be living in a cave...

Hard to give advice on something I really don't have experience with, but maybe just using social media sites less and focusing on other things that don't revolve around a computer might help? You don't need to always know what's going on with people you follow. Taking a break from the internet might be good for you if you're in a position to be able to separate yourself from it.

Thanks for the pep talk guys. I ended up just heading to bed and taking my meds soon after and I'm feeling better. It all happened just cuz I saw the stardew valley dev follow someone I found questionable. I shouldn't let something that trivial ruin my enjoyment of what seems like a great game. I'm looking forward to it's quick look.

there's something funny to me about the game tapes thread having people with nintendo avatars going "the nintendo b-roll was amazing" and people with FFX avatars going "the FFX b-roll was amazing"

pizzacat

Banned
there's something funny to me about the game tapes thread having people with nintendo avatars going "the nintendo b-roll was amazing" and people with FFX avatars going "the FFX b-roll was amazing"
Man they were really thinking back then when they put the bgm and the alpha sides separate

and if you really want interesting b roll of FFX how about look for that first look of it with a different designed tidus with regular pants fuck that short pant abomination

justjim89

Brad should sign up for a WWE Network free trial and watch Wrestlemania. As much as I loved Drew's analysis on the Powerbombcast, I'd absolutely love to hear Brad's review of a WWE show.

And yeah, Hayabusa was badass. Great presentation and look and an insane moveset and match quality. Right up there with Muta, Kobashi, and Misawa in terms of great Japanese wrestlers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stardew Valley justh as a straight up, totally competent and kind of deep Smash TV mini-game clone with farmers and what look like zombies. C omplete with lots of powerups and everything.

It is kind of incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom