• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
E3 2016

t1465934400z4.png

E3 already. 🙌

I love the McElroys, but I cannot stand that video series. It's the most unfunny thing I've ever seen them do.

I've watched Monster Factory episodes that have left me in tears with laughter, and others that didn't do a thing for me. It's not as consistently hilarious as some people would lead you to believe.

yami4ct

Really? Not even the parts after they make the character?

Nope. For some reason it feels like the 'McElroys do twitch' humor in the worst way possible. Honestly cannot stand them.

But really, the only gaming related McElroy thing I like in terms of humor is Justin's Sherlock Holmes talk. All their other game related humor falls extremely flat to me.

I've watched Monster Factory episodes that have left me in tears with laughter, and others that didn't do a thing for me. It's not as consistently hilarious as some people would lead you to believe.

I remember checking out the Fallout 4 one because I wanted to give the series another chance and everyone was raving about it. Had to turn that thing off like half way through because I found it so obnoxiously unfunny.

I remember checking out the Fallout 4 one because I wanted to give the series another chance and everyone was raving about it. Had to turn that thing off like half way through because I found it so obnoxiously unfunny.
Yeah I didn't like that one much, and have fallen off watching since then. The second I feel they're trying to hard, the whole thing breaks down.
Yeah the mcelroys are edgy af

Can't see how people like them

Some of their bits on MBMBaM and Adventure Zone are so, so good. I don't love most of the stuff they do outside of those podcasts, though.

chrixter

Been listening to the 2012 bombcasts and man, Jeff and Vinny really like Persona 4. I've definitely heard them speak really fondly on it here and there but hearing them talk about it around Golden's launch is kind of hammering home just how much they liked it.
Only 6 of Jeff's 47 all-time favorite games were released after the year 2000, and Persona 4 is one of them. He made that list in 2009 though and it's most likely not exhaustive. I'd like to see him amend the list at some point to account for stuff since then because I struggle to think of anything besides Mario Maker (and Rock Band 3?) that would definitely make it on there.

Meneses

The whole 'let's make a horrific looking character thing' has never been funny to me. It's dumb in a way I don't enjoy, so so far what I've watched of the BD quick look wasn't enjoyable. I'm not going to complain about it in the comments, since I just except half of any sort of MMO QL to be that junk and I mostly just avoid those.

I'm with you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tbf the character creator is the only interesting thing about Korean MMOs.

Mostly to see how much they crib from Kim hyung tae.

yami4ct

Tbf the character creator is the only interesting thing about Korean MMOs.

Mostly to see how much they crib from Kim hyung tae.

It's funny how similar all Korean MMO's look. From a single character image, I can usually guess if an MMO is Korean made or not. Hadn't heard of Black Desert at all, but saw that front image for the quick look and said 'oh look, another Korean MMO'.

yami4ct

There are 8 posts about them here, it's not like we went off-topic for an entire page.

An those posts were pretty much all on topic because we were talking the value of horrific character creator messes as humor, as was presented in the Black Desert QL.

Frith

if you enjoy scott manley and danny talking about video games why not watch VideoGaiden where scottish people ramble excitedly about video games on bbc?

amazing love rab

I don't think Alt+F1 has ever been on the main schedule. It always just released on Tuesday with no fanfare. Only things that got on the schedule are the Track Walks, and since they've already covered all the tracks they can cover without a new game, I kinda would not be surprised if those were ditched this season.

Jeff mentioned Drew was recording it during the Street Fighter stream.

+++

kisses finger points to sky

after the first year i keep thinking they are not coming back, this is great news

#blessed

yami4ct

it's death once you get communityed

luckily we have our weekly bombcast thread advertisment to sustain life.

Some things can sustain discussion in communities quite well, and those parts might be my favorite sections of Gaf.

People really need to stop sending random messages when the crew forget to turn off notifications on screen. What are you trying to accomplish?

Myggen

it's death once you get communityed

luckily we have our weekly bombcast thread advertisment to sustain life.

That thread isn't in OT Community yet. But yeah, Community is normally the kiss of death. This thread was in Gaming for so long that it survived being moved to Community, and the frequent Bombcast/Beastcast + GB event threads certainly helps.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think it's more like there are enough of us lunatics that are obsessed with giantbomb. There really isn't that much new blood here is there?

Myggen

I think it's more like there are enough of us lunatics that are obsessed with giantbomb. There really isn't that much new blood here is there?

True, but it's still one of the Community threads with the best post/views ratio, so that has to count for something, right? And whenever we get to come out of Community with an event thread, those are just more and more popular (E3 2015 and GOTY 2015 being prime examples),

That reminds me that I hope GBWest does an interview night for GDC.

Zoggy

are you guys hyped for another souls game brad will get really into but then never beat?

edit: he never completed dark souls 1, then played a little dark souls 2, then said "nah i'll wait for the pc version"

never beat that. then when the re-release came out, he didn't play that either. what a scrub.

he did beat demons souls and bloodborne tho, two games that are playstation exclusive. hmm....

yami4ct

please fill out this short survey:

How did you find us?
1. Bombcast thread
2. Other ________

We need a second question

How do you feel about anime?

1. It is my friend
2. It's for jerks
3. What is Japanese?

(Multiple answers are acceptable)

yeah i mostly hang out in here not specifically because of giant bomb but because it can become just a general video game talking space that isn't the whole of gaf and with familiar posters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom