• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
Was there a video or stream with Bakalar this past week? I think they referred to it on the beastcast but can't remember when. I'm also sleep deprived so maybe it was a dream.

Episode 21 of MGS Scanlon was really painful to watch, I admit.

And that fucking cliffhanger ending to one of the most awesome cutscenes in the game.

I'm honestly curious what the viewership looks like this time around. Surprised people are still sticking with it at all - I tuned into the most recent one out of curiousity and even Dan looks bored.

Was there a video or stream with Bakalar this past week? I think they referred to it on the beastcast but can't remember when. I'm also sleep deprived so maybe it was a dream.

Only this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o9XvKbzBHU

I'm honestly curious what the viewership looks like this time around. Surprised people are still sticking with it at all - I tuned into the most recent one out of curiousity and even Dan looks bored.

Current state of MGScanlon
http://webmshare.com/3rgLD

Frenden

Banned
I watched all the other MGScanlons and the first 15 or so episodes of this run. There were fun moments, but this is like streaming Skyrim or something. It's not suited to it.

Dan and Drew still made it fun and I may go back to it eventually.

Meneses

The fact that Drew has been ignoring all the tapes, which are basically where the meat of the story is (and not so much the cutscenes) and the things that could ellicit some kind of Metal Gear-esque reaction, turns this into a "let's watch this guy do the same thing over and over again", which got old at like the 8th or 9th episode.

The fact that Drew has been ignoring all the tapes, which are basically where the meat of the story is (and not so much the cutscenes) and the things that could ellicit some kind of Metal Gear-esque reaction, turns this into a "let's watch this guy do the same thing over and over again", which got old at like the 8th or 9th episode.

So basically just like playing it.

I'm still mad MGSV plays so good but has nothing else going for it. Bad mission structure, bad story, bad characters, music's a'ight but outside of WHOAAA HOOOO I couldn't tell you another track, bad levels.

Kaizer

Banned
I haven't watched it in a while but I'll be watching the next one. I need to see his face when Dan tells him that there's still like 10 hours left.

Hah, I was hoping Dan would let Drew believe he beat the game and start asking him his thoughts on the experience - and then he's interrupted by the preview for Chapter 2 & just loses it lmao

yami4ct

Hah, I was hoping Dan would let Drew believe he beat the game and start asking him his thoughts on the experience - and then he's interrupted by the preview for Chapter 2 & just loses it lmao

Drew already knows that the first ending is not the end and has heard about the Part 2 trailer at the end of Part 1. He heard about it on the GOTY cast and probably elsewhere as well. That detail would be impossible to stay away from.

justjim89

XCOM 2 is a harsh mistress, even with savescumming. Just had a big story mission end up where only Drew would've made it out. Jeff dead, Austin dead, Danny dead, Mary dead. So I go back several turns to do things better, and everyone lives but gets gravely injured. That's not even taking into account the pressure the metagame outside of missions puts on you.

Xater

XCOM 2 is a harsh mistress, even with savescumming. Just had a big story mission end up where only Drew would've made it out. Jeff dead, Austin dead, Danny dead, Mary dead. So I go back several turns to do things better, and everyone lives but gets gravely injured. That's not even taking into account the pressure the metagame outside of missions puts on you.

Sounds great to me. I so wish I could play it.

Myggen

Did you post all your characters here? I probably missed it.

I ended up starting a third XCOM 2 campaign after getting 6 hours into veteran twice and getting destroyed. Third time I said fuck it and went to easy and have been having a blast with it. So glad. Feels very similar to the last game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just seen what Jeff Bakalar looks like for the first time and he looks like a thinner younger Johnny Vegas

If only he sounded like Johnny Vegas, the early Beastcast threads would have been better. Instead of "Which one's Austin and which one's Jeff?" it would be "What in the hell did Jeff say every time he opened his mouth?"

I've never seen the resemblance before but you're absolutely right

I play XCOM for the same reason I played Oregon Trail, so I can name everyone in my party after my friends and share with them all the terrible ways in which they died.

Lettuce

bTUcopZ.png
E93wChz.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I play XCOM for the same reason I played Oregon Trail, so I can name everyone in my party after my friends and share with them all the terrible ways in which they died.

I don't know if I could do that. The conversation that would go "I sent you into the open because I was afraid my cool dude with a Guile haircut and aviator sunglasses was being flanked" might be tough.

I don't know if I could do that. The conversation that would go "I sent you into the open because I was afraid my cool dude with a Guile haircut and aviator sunglasses was being flanked" might be tough.

The XCOM 2 feature of giving your dead soldiers editable epitaph messages is going to be like the best new feature for me in that game. It'll be great to go back dozens of hours later after defeating the alien horde to remember how all my friends died (dysentery).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom