• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should visit the board gaming thread, where people can help you find tons of great board games. Clue is not one of those. These old Hasbro board games are jut not very good and compared to modern designer board games they are straight up trash.

He should just watch the Clue movie.

jaina

Man this ultimate chicken horse ql is some good times
It gets my "need to look at the screen while it's playing" stamp of approval.

I would've called Clue a classic and good board game. But Xater has a point that board game authors have a much better grasp at good and rewarding mechanics nowadays.

Really? ive never played it, but I always thought it looked cool

The main problem is that it's so dice-dependent that winning relies purely on dumb luck and no sort of strategic decisions. Which is fine for a certain crowd, but once you start digging into some better boardgames it quickly loses its appeal.

Patryn

What is it about Jeff where watching 5+ years old footage of him makes him look like a 16 year old?
I mean look at that Good Morning America clip! He looks like straight outta Junior High.

Saying 5+ years is a little disingenuous. The GMA clip is nearly 20 years old.

Haunted

That just looked bad. Talisman is not great in the first place, and a Horus Heresy reskin isn't enough to overcome that, even as a huge fan of the Horus Heresy, read all the books etc.

The only other two Horus Heresy games I'm aware of were mobile shit, Fantasy Warhammer keeps getting the videogame love while 40K languishes in mediocrity.

Give me another game like relic's Space Marine set during the Heresy and it'd be a GOTY candidate.

I think I'd like Stardew Valley more without the farming part.

I do next to no farming. By middle of the first month I had sprinklers and a modest plot. By mid-summer, I had better sprinklers and a big plot. takes like 30 seconds each day to run through the field and pick up any crops. another 30 seconds to re-seed if necessary. watering cans are for chumps. I've got like an 80x80 field now. I spend most of my time in the mines/
skull dungeon
and/or fishing. I'm on spring 3 of my second year and have 200k gold and make 5-6k every day just from all my crab pots. I can make 5-10k a day in the mines or roughly the same from fishing.

but yeah, except for the first day of each season which I have to spend tilling/seeding, I do almost nothing to my farm except let it make money for me.

daydream

Banned
listen if there's one advice i would give for stardew valley players starting out, it would be that

popularity

leads to intimacy

I do next to no farming. By middle of the first month I had sprinklers and a modest plot. By mid-summer, I had better sprinklers and a big plot. takes like 30 seconds each day to run through the field and pick up any crops. another 30 seconds to re-seed if necessary. watering cans are for chumps. I've got like an 80x80 field now. I spend most of my time in the mines/
skull dungeon
and/or fishing. I'm on spring 3 of my second year and have 200k gold and make 5-6k every day just from all my crab pots. I can make 5-10k a day in the mines or roughly the same from fishing.

but yeah, except for the first day of each season which I have to spend tilling/seeding, I do almost nothing to my farm except let it make money for me.

This sounds just like FarmVille.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Why read a book when you can paint an army?

19e8uggphjaxojpg.jpg

daydream

Banned
im not a fan of Stardew Valleys artstyle. Wheres my gritty realistic Harvest Moon clone

you want harvest moon: a wonderfu llife

or maybe innocent life: a fantasy harvest moon

that's about as gritty as it gets for the series, i guess

also, i like the artstyle fine, it's just the character sprites that look a little 'eh'. heck of a lot better than something like this, though

Megasoum

Banned
So... Random sunday morning rant.... Is it me or Youtube Playlists always have the videos in the wrong order?

For example right now I'm watching a 7 part documentary. The Playlist lists the videos from 7 to 1 which means that if I want them to watch the playlist automatically I would have to go from the end ot the beginning. If I want to watch them in the proper order I need to go and manually click on Ep1, and then click on Ep2 once the first one is done, etc

I feel like this is always like that when I try to watch a playlist and it's really fucking annoying.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Why read a book when you can paint an army?

This amiibo thing is getting out of hand.

Warhammer is really weird. Not only did they steal the amiibo idea from Nintendo, but also they copied Warcraft/Starcraft almost 1:1.
Feels kinda sketchy to me, man.

Strax

So I stumbled on some dudes youtube page and almost every video (70+) on his channel are about another Youtuber and how he sucks and should not play games. For some reason I check out his twitter and going by that he has three hobbies.

Harassing another Youtuber
Playing video games
Watching Giant Bomb

This bugs me so much.
Should it bug me?

Myggen

So I stumbled on some dudes youtube page and almost every video (70+) on his channel are about another Youtuber and how he sucks and should not play games. For some reason I check out his twitter and going by that he has three hobbies.

Playing video games
Watching Giant Bomb

This bugs me so much.
Should it bug me?

No.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Playing video games
Watching Giant Bomb

This bugs me so much.
Should it bug me?

No, it really shouldn't bother you. You can't expect that only cool people like the things you like.

Which character would make the best 4 foot tall amiibo?

War-Luigi

Harvest Moon, but on a Warhammet 40K agri-world for a Forge World. Game randomly ends if there's a Daemon invasion. Or a Tyranid invasion. Or an Ork invasion. Or a Necron invasion. Or a Tau invasion. Or because an Inquisitor declared your world Exterminatus.

I'm only four episodes into House of Cards season four and it's already better than season three was. And it's the first season of the show where it feels like it's actually earning its title and not just Frank curbstomping every challenger like the first three seasons.

jaina

Oh yeah... I thought it was much better and looking at the thread in OT, looks like this is also the general concensus.
I lost a bit of interested in the latter half of season 2 and just started with season 3 today.
First two episodes were stuff I enjoy.
Looking forward to S4 then.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm watching rugby on TV right now and I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Is this what it feels like when Europeans watch American football for the first time?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm watching rugby on TV right now and I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Is this what it feels like when Europeans watch American football for the first time?

Wait until you find out that there are different kinds of rugby. I lost an entire Saturday one time to a Rugby Sevens tournament and by the end I just about figured it out enough to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom