• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondo of Blood isn't on Wii U eShop right? How much of a pain in the ass is it to get the Wii VC working on Wii U? And can I play it with just the gamepad or do I need a remote or some shit?

You need a Wii remote, but otherwise you can just purchase and play it through the Wii mode.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find the whole blocking thing kinda weird. Like, I feel people should try to see all perspectives really, instead of tailoring it to their own.

Maybe if the person is an unrepenting racist or misogynist against you but those people don't tend to last long on these forums.

yami4ct

It's not that he's defending himself, it's how he goes about it. He tends to get pretty passive-aggressive when responding to, well, perceived slights. Hell, he's done it here on occasion.

guys quit blocking me please

I think you're taking Brad's replies too seriously. I find his posts to be typically pretty funny.

I replied to you, so obviously you aren't the one on my list.

yami4ct

I find the whole blocking thing kinda weird. Like, I feel people should try to see all perspectives really, instead of tailoring it to their own.

Maybe if the person is an unrepenting racist or misogynist against you but those people don't tend to last long on these forums.

I don't mind a variety of perspectives, but as someone who visits a lot of JRPG threads, you tend to find a lot of people who are just jerks who want to put down others and aren't actually interested in having a nuanced discussion. I block those people as a warning to myself it isn't worth engaging.

Sometimes people just make a ton of really shitty, unengaging posts and it seems to be the only way they post.

No one in this thread, but I've done that for people in Gaming.

I want Giant Bomb to look at JC3 with its newest patch. It apparently destroys performance instead of fixing it.

(Crossposting from that thread)
Just got round to trying the new patch, and not only is the loading times massively increased, I also have no weapons, parachute or grappling hook to use.
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere you have to wait up to 5 minutes now until those functions are loaded into the game world and you can use them? Somehow?

Yup, you're right, I had to sit there for 5mins to be able to play after it was loaded.

The game is fucked, doesn't save either, save icon just sits there flashing all the time but not saving.

I'll never understand what happened to Avalanche.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait a minute...

CBSi

CBS Eye

cbs_logo.jpg

Fuuuuuck

Myggen

It's not that he's defending himself, it's how he goes about it. He tends to get pretty passive-aggressive when responding to, well, perceived slights. Hell, he's done it here on occasion.

guys quit blocking me please

Regardless, going around talking about shitty attitudes and whatnot just leads me to believe that you react just as badly. If I had to see people speculating and talking about my attitude every day I'm sure I would go overboard reacting to snarky criticism like the one you posted from Breezy from time to time. Jeff does the exact same thing in the comment section once in a while.

It's also good to keep in mind that the GB crew are real people that reads this thread from time to time when discussing their personality.

Both were both spectacular letdowns considering the pedigree behind the franchise and team, respectively (not that I've played either of them, mind).

I've played about 2 hours of Mad Max and at least intend to get back to it at some point just because driving around the Wasteland is fun, played about 5 hours of JC3 and wish I'd played it less so I could have refunded it.

Hopefully you guys weren't looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4.

Regardless, going around talking about shitty attitudes and whatnot just leads me to believe that you react just as badly. If I had to see people speculating and talking about my attitude every day I'm sure I would go overboard reacting to snarky criticism like the one you posted from Breezy from time to time. Jeff does the exact same thing in the comment section once in a while.

It's also good to keep in mind that the GB crew are real people that reads this thread from time to time when discussing their personality.

Saying he has a shitty attitude was probably a bit much, my bad. It just seems like he approaches stuff with a chip on his shoulder sometimes (for what it's worth, Breezy's post felt more like a dumb joke than snarky criticism to me), and hopefully I'm not crossing the line by saying that.

October 28th, 2008, Jeff talking about LBP and how he wishes Nintendo would make a Mario level creator. Awesome.

one of my favorite things about how long Jeff's been doing this is that you can go back to pretty much any time period and find that his opinions are hilariously static through the years

dude may have shit taste half the time, but he at least sticks to it.

one of my favorite things about how long Jeff's been doing this is that you can go back to pretty much any time period and find that his opinions are hilariously static through the years

We need to trace the roots of his SMB3 heresy.

he claims it was since release, which obviously predates his career. it would be interesting to find the first documented instance of being on the wrong side of SMB3 history though

e: I thought maybe he would have reviewed the GBA re-release but the sneak gave it to Ryan to review: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/super-mario-advance-4-super-mario-bros-3/1900-6077002/

good to know Ryan knew the truth though

Super Mario Bros. 3 was indisputably the best platformer to grace the NES

omgkitty

While I appreciate what SMB3 did for the series, it's probably one of my least favorite Mario games and I don't like playing it very much. Also Yoshi's Island isn't very good either. So while I normally disagree with Jeff, I agree with him on both those things.

Myggen

the Black Desert Online video makes me realize that I think I hate character creators. Give me the least amount of options possible.

I like watching what others create in character creators, but have no patience for them myself. I end up going with the default most of the time.

yami4ct

the Black Desert Online video makes me realize that I think I hate character creators. Give me the least amount of options possible.

The best character creators offer both. The base should be a nice set of easy to use presets that allow a variety of creations without much fuss, but you should be able to go in and tweak any feature you want in detail if you chose.

popo

Austin sounds like a Chaos sympathiser in that QL. Shame, I really liked him. I will be sad to see him burn in the eternal fires of the Emperor's Will.

burn_all_the_heretics_by_comradetemuzu-d4ltr84.png

I wonder how much money Games Workshop makes in all the video games they license their stuff out to versus all the physical goods.

Aren't Space Marines alone like half of all the company's income?

GW doesn't make that much money off anything any more. I would bet the biggest margin is on their Black Library publishing division. From the expensive rule books to the 20 or so extended universe novels they publish every month (no exaggeration).

omgkitty

Yep, I hate making my own character and naming them. I want games to have a set character to let me play as. Annoys me when I see people in games like this and they make these crazy stupid looking characters with dumb names. Also bothered me when they went with that dumb name in Persona 4.

Kimaka

I love them. I can spend an embarrassingly large amount of time in character creators. I just wish the really good ones appeared in good games.

AcridMeat

Banned

Very true. It's also just crazy that I remember listening to these old episodes like it was last week, and then I see it was 7 1/2 years ago. So much has happened. :/

I never touch the advanced options in editors but I appreciate ones with enough basic options that I can approximate what I'm looking for

also I like to play dressup, give me lots of clothes...

Yep, I hate making my own character and naming them. I want games to have a set character to let me play as. Annoys me when I see people in games like this and they make these crazy stupid looking characters with dumb names. Also bothered me when they went with that dumb name in Persona 4.

I like some level of customization, but everytime I ever start messing with a character creator after about 5 minutes I realize "I'm probably never going to see this character's face up close again why do I bother?" and get discouraged. I guess I just don't see the point in going as far as to personalize your character's cheekbones and eye shape.

Bacon

I like some level of customization, but everytime I ever start messing with a character creator after about 5 minutes I realize "I'm probably never going to see this character's face up close again why do I bother?" and get discouraged. I guess I just don't see the point in going as far as to personalize your character's cheekbones and eye shape.

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel. Especially when the game is in first person like elder scrolls or fallout I just don't see the point

omgkitty

Yeah I usually just pick the cutest preset lady and roll with it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All I need from character creators are

Can I be pink in some way or the other (hair, clothes etc.)

Y/N

If Y, always pick pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom