• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has William Pugh (co-creator of Stanley Parable) ever been on a live show? I'm watching tonight's Harmontown (he's in LA working with the the Rick and Morty creator on VR stuff) and I didn't know he was a 22-year old Russel Brand look-alike, he's also pretty funny and quick on his feet as you'd expect if you played his game.

Have you seen his GDC talk? 50% of it is a meta commentary on the fact that it's a GDC talk about humor. Complete with fake messing up flopsweats. It's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLbmZT70rtA

neshcom

Banned
Has William Pugh (co-creator of Stanley Parable) ever been on a live show? I'm watching tonight's Harmontown (he's in LA working with the the Rick and Morty creator on VR stuff) and I didn't know he was a 22-year old Russel Brand look-alike, he's also pretty funny and quick on his feet as you'd expect if you played his game.

Oh, he's the Dr. Langeskov one, not the Beginner's Guide one. Given how tight and charming Langeskov is, I'm not surprised he's really funny.

Xater

It's absolutely unacceptable by modern standards and I won't buy another Bethesda RPG until they fix it. You can't keep streamlining the game to the point where it's barely an RPG and remove all semblance of good writing. What's left of the game anymore? The clockwork worlds and a bunch of glitches twitch streamers can make fun of? Witcher 3 proved you can make the side quests and mainline matter, and Bethesda can't even give us a main story worth a damn.

One could say it's the most disappointing game of 2015...

Lets take bets
Drew and Dan 3:1 payout
Jeff and Dan 1:1 payout
Dan and Austin 2:1 payout
Austin and Jeff 3:1 payout

I bet on dan and drew

We can use GB bucks

Tubobutts

One thousand Brad Bucks on Brad and Dan.

If you switch the last letters of Brad and Dan you get Bran and Dad. Bran Dad is related to farming and is also an anagram of Barn Dad which is also related to farming. Think about it.

danm999

One could say it's the most disappointing game of 2015...

I really disagreed with Jeff when he nominated it for that category (mostly because I had no expectations of it being good in the way I wanted pre-release, not because I didn't think it was a spotty, inconsistent game), but after stepping away from it for a few months, and seeing the DLC roll-out I think they and I fucked up for not recognizing it at the time.

It really is an enormously disappointing game.

jaina

Lets take bets
Drew and Dan 3:1 payout
Jeff and Dan 1:1 payout
Dan and Austin 2:1 payout
Austin and Jeff 3:1 payout

I bet on dan and drew

We can use GB bucks
Jason played it on his vacation and is back now: 10:1 payout

(he tweeted about bringing his PS4 which makes it unlikely to play PC at the in-laws)

Xater

I really disagreed with Jeff when he nominated it for that category (mostly because I had no expectations of it being good in the way I wanted pre-release, not because I didn't think it was a spotty, inconsistent game), but after stepping away from it for a few months, and seeing the DLC roll-out I think they and I fucked up for not recognizing it at the time.

It really is an enormously disappointing game.

Hindsight is always 20/20. You know how I feel about the game. Was super bummed at how bad it turned out to be. Not just the technical execution.

jaina

I'm going to shamelessly shill myself here but:

I wanted to brush up on some nodejs and basic api stuff and started messing around with the giant bomb api. I made this twitter bot that currently tweets every time a new game gets added in the gb wiki. I have some new features I want to add too. So if you want to be a cool guy like one Matthew Rorie go here and follow my GBWikiBot =)

It's bee running for a few days so far and seems to be working properly, but I'm not exactly a professional (yet!) with this stuff so don't be surprised if there's a bug that makes the bot completely shit the bed.

Thanks, bye.
There are too many games being added to the wiki... I have to unfollow :)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I really liked Fallout 4 for the gameplay loop even though the writing is just so bad that it beggars belief. I can totally see why someone would just hate it though. I'll probably regret getting that season pass. But my hope is that once the creation kit is out there will be some fun stuff done to that game. Modders are already doing quite a lot without it.

Strax

My friend got stabbed by another friend and almost bleed out.
Life fucking sucks.

Sorry for posting this here. I just wanted to vent somewhere with min. amount of assholes round.

jaina

Life fucking sucks.

Sorry for posting this here. I just wanted to vent somewhere without min. amount of assholes round.
woah that fucking sucks indeed. Even more because you knew both of them.
Hope your friend gets well soon!

Also: I'd now consider your opinion more valuable in a knife vs. bat discussion

I highly doubt they'll ever do the 3D Castlevanias. Now that we're getting Rondo, I think they'll get through SotN and maybe, a small maybe, go through the GBA/DS games after that.

I wouldn't mind seeing him play through those 3D monstrosities, though. Would probably be more interesting than watching him play Portrait of Ruin, for instance. Cool game, but very much the same thing for the hundredth time.

If Vinny plays the 3D games, expect to be sick of Zobek references.

Pfzgb3U.png

Life fucking sucks.

Sorry for posting this here. I just wanted to vent somewhere with min. amount of assholes round.

Sorry to hear that, that's terrible. Stay strong and hopefully things get better from here on out. I honestly don't know what to say exactly because they're both your friends so I guess the only good thing about that is you can get to the bottom of why this happened and probably you could fix it, if that's even possible.

I highly doubt they'll ever do the 3D Castlevanias. Now that we're getting Rondo, I think they'll get through SotN and maybe, a small maybe, go through the GBA/DS games after that.

I wouldn't mind seeing him play through those 3D monstrosities, though. Would probably be more interesting than watching him play Portrait of Ruin, for instance. Cool game, but very much the same thing for the hundredth time.

I don't think they will as well. After Rondo it will most likely be Bloodlines and then Symphony of the Night, finishing off on a real high note.

KingKong

I dont get what people see in the Division at all. Watching twitch streams of it makes it look like a very mediocre third person shooter, theres so little feedback to the shooting

Its become painfully clear the BEAST team has spent so much time trying to get a ship into space that they total suck at the whole re-entering obit thing

Looking forward to the Austin stream later today.
Life fucking sucks.

Man that's shitty, hopefully your friend recovers quickly.

Strax

Man that's shitty, hopefully your friend recovers quickly.

Sorry to hear that, that's terrible. Stay strong and hopefully things get better from here on out. I honestly don't know what to say exactly because they're both your friends so I guess the only good thing about that is you can get to the bottom of why this happened and probably you could fix it, if that's even possible.

woah that fucking sucks indeed. Even more because you knew both of them.
Hope your friend gets well soon!

Also: I'd now consider your opinion more valuable in a knife vs. bat discussion

Thanks duders.

This has been a sucky day.
That knife vs. bat joke made me laugh tho.

KorrZ

I dont get what people see in the Division at all. Watching twitch streams of it makes it look like a very mediocre third person shooter, theres so little feedback to the shooting

I don't get it either. I played the beta for an hour and didn't like the way the shooting and controls felt AT ALL.

I don't get it either. I played the beta for an hour and didn't like the way the shooting and controls felt AT ALL.

I liked highlighting a cover far away and running there by holding the cover button. That might be business as usual in cover-based shooters though, I don't really play them that much.

Strax

Phew, I was unsure whether it'd cheer up or not.

I'm actively looking for a laugh, not being able to visit him and getting little info does that.
Since I'm working from home I'm hoping for a Powerbombcast to take my mind of things for awhile since I can't get any work done in this state.
Until then its Mario Party Parties and comedies.

Officially? No, but the servers are online and you can find physical copies everywhere. At least around these parts.

Oh dang, I guess that's the disadvantage of getting it digitally. I have been able to unlock games early in the past using a VPN, but I don't think that's possible this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom