• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

"well i'm rick, from rbf productions nl and ubisoft requested me here as jacob fry"

tumblr_nq0homFnhJ1qbc120o2_400.gif

Megasoum

Banned
I love that stupid shit like this is likely something that the devs would've loved to have cut when they actually started crunching to make the game but nope, it's the iconic door closing moment! we have to leave it in because too many on the internet would kill us if we took this stupid animation out!

This exact situation happened on a AAA game I worked on a couple of years ago. The trailer team showed a fucking amazing animation in one of the trailers. That particular move was already cut from the game because it was super buggy and we didn't have time to fix it...

Well that scene from the trailer went almost viral (it did look awesome) so the producer came back in the office on the next Monday and was like "Well.. Fuck..." lol

The time pressure in Stardew Valley seems like it's maybe not what I'm looking for out of that kind of game. I actually felt similarly about the brief time I've spent with Harvest Moon.

The time pressure in Stardew Valley seems like it's maybe not what I'm looking for out of that kind of game. I actually felt similarly about the brief time I've spent with Harvest Moon.

I haven't watched the QL yet, but in terms of large-scale time management you can take as long as you need. I don't think there's anything you can miss out on permanently if you wanna keep your days pretty chill and low pressure.

I feel like the time constraint goes away after a while. When you start upgrading tools and not having them for a couple days it can limit what you can really do(no real mining if you don't have you pickaxe etc), once you get sprinklers you don't need to water crops, and just realizing you can't do everything every day really opens up the time constraint. I basically just set out each day with one thing I want to focus on and all the pressure kind of goes away.

Chuck

Still without luck
That preview for the next kerbal video made no sense and all the sense at the same time.

edit:
ok someone is for sure dying. there's two kerbs in the pod and they just jump one.
WHAT A GREAT MISSION

BearPawB

Banned
I am so excited for the Division tonight.

Cautiously excited, but excited nonetheless.

And I don't know why people are surprised about lionhead.
Legends looked like a disaster every step of the way.

Jintor

"elements of harvest moon"

yes, elements

Dan straight up came out and said he'd never touched it so yeah, whatcha gonna do

In any case it's straight up better than any harvest moon game released for a good long time. Maybe even the rune factories.

DamnBoxes

That's just the way Dan is playing. All the power to him but he still couldn't score a date for the flower festival. I didn't either, but I've been worry-free, sleeping like a damn baby every night on White Hart Farm.

This exact situation happened on a AAA game I worked on a couple of years ago. The trailer team showed a fucking amazing animation in one of the trailers. That particular move was already cut from the game because it was super buggy and we didn't have time to fix it...

Well that scene from the trailer went almost viral (it did look awesome) so the producer came back in the office on the next Monday and was like "Well.. Fuck..." lol

Mannnnn that sucks. I love hearing stories like this though. Thanks for sharing.

I feel like Dan is manufacturing the time pressure. he's got too many crops for an non-upgraded watering can (which he could/should have taken care of ages ago) and he hasn't messed with sprinklers yet.

running out of energy is definitely an issue, but running out of time shouldn't be.

Dan straight up came out and said he'd never touched it so yeah, whatcha gonna do

In any case it's straight up better than any harvest moon game released for a good long time. Maybe even the rune factories.

Rune Factory 4 is a fantastic game. But this is better than any actual HM game since FoMT and that's kind of sad. each iteration of HM does some cool things and screws up other stuff. every single time. SV's dev had the good sense to know all the things that worked and just use those and not the crappy parts.

Strax

Fable Legends must have been a terrible game for Microsoft not to wait for it to come out and shut Lionhead down after that. They've been working on it for something like 4 years and a 2016 release was announced end of last year.

Sad about Lionhead studios going, while they aren't as great as they used to be, I still had good memories playing their games. Obviously, aside from the games it's mostly sad that people out of the blue lose their jobs so I hope they land on their feet pretty quick.

daydream

Banned
i have to say, lack of a black-haired girl in stardew valley was a bit of a disappointment

oh yeah, i wasn't holding it against him. just got a chuckle out of me

jaina

And I don't know why people are surprised about lionhead.
Legends looked like a disaster every step of the way.
Not surprised, but a bit sad. Which is mostly because of the studio name and the personal situation of the employees. Creatively they haven't released something for me since Fable 1.

daydream

Banned
i dunno why anyone would go for the joja membership and miss out on the nature spirits

they've always been a thing i've looked forward to in harvest moon games and i was happy to see that this game had them, too

i dunno why anyone would go for the joja membership and miss out on the nature spirits

they've always been a thing i've looked forward to in harvest moon games and i was happy to see that this game had them, too

to be fair, with all the money I have right now, I'd be pretty happy if I could buy improvements instead of waiting until the next season to catch some dumb fish

but otherwise, yeah

I went in the JOJA market the first time I saw it and have never been back since. Besides Pierre talking about troubles and the guy giving away coupons I don't think I've heard much about the place.

Jintor

I actually wish there was a compelling reason to go there, like massively undercut prices or exclusives ( or preorder bundles! Preorder fall seeds now!!! Limited item beta!!!)

Fable 1 was the best game in the franchise by far IMO...

2 had potential but it ran like crap on 360.

The mainline Fable series had its up and downs but they were fun quirky action RPGs that played with the genre's conventions. I appreciate that even when they failed, their failures were still interesting to play through compared to other games which really stick to genre conventions and play it safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom