• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ugh I cannot sit in this coffee shop and listen to a nerd at the table next to me incorrectly talk about lion head closing. Apparently they made that mercenaries game.

Blasting Zeppelin.

with more than 1 active skill pls

That my biggest issue with Borderlands. I don't like all the passives in the skill trees. If they gave more active abilities (say, like a Mass Effect) on top of the loot stuff, i'd be a happy camper.

I'm really looking forward to playing The Division tonight.

Wunder

That my biggest issue with Borderlands. I don't like all the passives in the skill trees. If they gave more active abilities (say, like a Mass Effect) on top of the loot stuff, i'd be a happy camper.

I'm really looking forward to playing The Division tonight.

yeah thats what I was really hoping for with BL2, instead it was pretty much more of the same. The weapon brand stuff really fell flat too.

Zaph

I guess so but a gritty realistic game where shooting someone in the face with a shotgun amounts to a slight wince is really off-putting for me personally.

During the beta I had a similar disconnect due to the game having a 'real' setting.

We pick up trinkets and enchantments in RPG/MMO games which may increase your crit by 1%, and think nothing of it because it's magic, those items don't exist. But looting an extended magazine mod in The Division and receiving just a 3% capacity bump kinda made me question everything I like about gaming for a brief moment.

what if the next borderlands Is like destiny.
That could be amazing
After the first game, I hoped Borderlands 2 would fully embrace its Diablo roots with full paper-doll loot slots, procedurally generated levels, dungeons, etc. Still holding out for something similar in B3.

I think the realistic setting is my main concern about longevity of The Division. I think Brad said something that summed up my feelings. Being tied to a realistic setting limits the enemy and setting variety. There's only so many ways to depict humans and realistic settings. With other MMO games like Destiny or WoW, they can go fantastical places and really play around with the aesthetic and visuals. The Division has to stick to realistic and I think that can really hurt the awe inspiring feelings you can get when you step into a raid. I can't see The Division getting across the feeling of the first time I stepped into ICC in WoW, for example.

I think the realistic setting is my main concern about longevity of The Division. I think Brad said something that summed up my feelings. Being tied to a realistic setting limits the enemy and setting variety. There's only so many ways to depict humans and realistic settings.

Yeah, part of the fun for me with these games is seeing the kind of insane shit that you fight at high levels or at the end of a raid. If it's just an endless parade of dudes in kevlar it'll lose some of the appeal.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think the realistic setting is my main concern about longevity of The Division. I think Brad said something that summed up my feelings. Being tied to a realistic setting limits the enemy and setting variety. There's only so many ways to depict humans and realistic settings. With other MMO games like Destiny or WoW, they can go fantastical places and really play around with the aesthetic and visuals. The Division has to stick to realistic and I think that can really hurt the awe inspiring feelings you can get when you step into a raid. I can't see The Division getting across the feeling of the first time I stepped into ICC in WoW, for example.

It absolutely could if it went global. Dropping into Berlin, or Shanghai, or Tokyo could be very cool

But...eh, the industry's record for doing that sort of thing tastefully is sort of spotty

Ohnonono

The Division looks pretty cool, but with SFV and 3 Fire Emblem games currently I can afford to wait and see how the content pans out.

I'm tempted by the Division but I really shouldn't buy another game right now.

every time i get the itch for the division, i just have to remind myself how little I've played of Borderlands 2 and how quickly I burned through destiny's content minus the raids which i'll likely never do.

Then, i realize that I should just wait till it's dirt cheap in like 6 months on PC.

Yeah, part of the fun for me with these games is seeing the kind of insane shit that you fight at high levels or at the end of a raid. If it's just an endless parade of dudes in kevlar it'll lose some of the appeal.
Heat me out, what if the final boss of the raid is a guy wearing TWO kevlar vests?

tuxfool

Banned
huh. they look almost exactly like the faces from the recent AC games. maybe they use some similar toolsets

The problem stems from the fact that because it is open world the skin shaders cannot be too complex. The character models are better than many open world games but they have to skimp in places. They also opted not to go balls out on hero character models so you'll notice it more in cutscenes and the like.

Oh man, I so cannot wait for Borderlands 3. I know 2 gets harped on a lot for a variety of reasons and it's certainly not perfect, but playing through that game with a couple college friends was one of my favorite gaming experiences.

Also I'd never heard of Stardew Valley until today, after that QL I need to pick it up.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh boy. Open world dude shooter with Ubisoft all over it and a crafting system. And here I thought the beta was all I needed to convince me this wasn't the game for me. I could have just waited a couple weeks and saved a few hours.

Lunar FC

Too much stuff out/coming out soon that I'm dying to play rn. The Division, Hitman, Stardew Valley. Plus I just somehow got into The Crew a bunch.

AngryMoth

I don't really have any interest in The Division because all the Destiny comparisons, but it certainly is very pretty. Interested to see what reactions will be like.

Does the final game have that car door opening animation people went nuts for when it debuted at E3?

I'll probably pick up Stardew Valley sooner or later. I saw on PC Gamer there was a mod to replace the character portraits which was something that bothered me. If there's one to replace some of the character sprites that'd be great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom