• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually wish there was a compelling reason to go there, like massively undercut prices or exclusives ( or preorder bundles! Preorder fall seeds now!!! Limited item beta!!!)

occasionally I'll get quests for Joja soda and I'll buy one there but that's it

tuxfool

Banned
What I don't get about the division character creator, is that the person keeps moving their head looking around and at all times maintaining that 1000 yard stare.

kAmui-

I did too, but it had the worst menu in existence.

I kinda see where they were going with the menus, but to actually do it is mind boggling. It's so slow and clunky and just straight bad.

Fable 2 is one of my favorite games on the 360. Easy top 10 game for the console.

the fact that my friends are now in on the division with me makes me super excited. I think I'm still gonna wait for some reviews to see how much content the dark zone actually has, but I'm really looking forward to the game.

What game has the closest 1:1 ratio when recreating a real city?

Driv3r actually did a pretty decent job with redoing miami in the game. It's obvious not 1:1 but it's close enough to feel like you could get around if you knew the city.

on the other end, Hotline Miami only got the Brickell metro station right early in the game. The rest is a bunch of made up addresses that either don't exist or would be in the middle of the everglades if they did exist, which i suppose kinda fits the weird narrative the game has. sorta.

JamboGT

I had an interview today at one of the Studios working on the Division, so I hope Austin likes/dislikes it based on if I get the job or not :p

I had an interview today at one of the Studios working on the Division, so I hope Austin likes/dislikes it based on if I get the job or not :p

Good luck!

This area that they start you in seems way more interesting than the areas they give you to play around with in the beta, from an aesthetic standpoint. Granted, they're trying to be accurate to the city, and I guess they are.

Akiba's Trip is shockingly accurate to Akihabara. Certain locations in the Yakuza games are really accurate, especially the fake Dotonbori and fake Sapporo

then there was London in the Getaway, what a disappointment that game was

Akiba's Trip is shockingly accurate to Akihabara. Certain locations in the Yakuza games are really accurate, especially the fake Dotonbori and fake Sapporo

then there was London in the Getaway, what a disappointment that game was

some of those folks went on to work on LA Noire so they have a long history of making promising yet disappointing experiences

Zaph

A while back I remember GB mentioning The Division's PC beta character data is stored client-side and potentially completely open to old PSO style save hacking. Do we know if that's true and that's carried over into retail?

Doesn't bother me for games like Borderlands, but when there's a online hub with drop-in/out multiplayer, that will take the piss.

What game has the closest 1:1 ratio when recreating a real city?

The Getaway did a pretty damn good job with London for a PS2 game. Was actually able to find the entrance to my old flat.

chat doesn't work on this network, if someone could ask him to try the deuteranomaly colorbind mode, that would be cool

e: there's not much green in this game though

A while back I remember GB mentioning The Division's PC beta character data is stored client-side and potentially completely open to old PSO style save hacking. Do we know if that's true and that's carried over into retail?

Doesn't bother me for games like Borderlands, but when there's a online hub with drop-in/out multiplayer, that will take the piss.

The Getaway did a pretty damn good job with London for a PS2 game. Was actually able to find the entrance to my old flat.

It was true, but I believe they fixed it in the second beta. If they hadn't fixed it, that's a game ruining oversight.

Also I missed the beginning of character creation. Are there still only three faces you can have?

Strax

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/sleepinglesson/lists/favorites/2070/

I don't claim these are the "best" games of all time, just my favorites based on my experience with them.

I get your point. My top 15 list is something like this in no order except for The Curse of Monkey Island is my fav. game

Fallout New Vegas
Fifa 10
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
The Curse of Monkey Island
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
NBA Live 2003
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Counter Strike (1.5 and 1.6)
Super Mario 64
Dishonored
DotA
Sonic 2
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I also played Championship Manager/Football Manager from 1996 to 2012 so they have a big place in my heart.

what is austin playing it on?

If it's PC then that shit is unacceptable in 2016.
He's playing on PS4. I didn't have any pop-in issues on PC.
the number of bullets it takes to kill someone in this game makes it kind of surreal

The shooting feels sooo much better on PC, the recoil model really feels balanced around KBaM. I play on the Steam controller and that feels great too.

the number of bullets it takes to kill someone in this game makes it kind of surreal

I don't like it

That was one of my big issues watching videos during the Beta, you're dumping shitloads of bullets into humans... Hard to believe since it's not futuristic at all.

Austin needs some trigger discipline though.

Zaph

It was true, but I believe they fixed it in the second beta. If they hadn't fixed it, that's a game ruining oversight.

Good to hear. And yeah, if left like that, gameplay impact aside, it would also destroy loot treadmill/DLC progression plans - something I can't see Ubisoft being cool with.

BearPawB

Banned

I don't like it

ps4 but it still seems weird that of all things, that should have been solved forever ago

It's just the kind of game it is.
I'm ok with it. You can't have a loot game where everyone dies in a hit no matter what level/gun you have.

And while the world is "realistic" It doesn't bother me they made a game as video game

Wunder

It's just the kind of game it is.
I'm ok with it. You can't have a loot game where everyone dies in a hit no matter what level/gun you have.

And while the world is "realistic" It doesn't bother me they made a game as video game

Yeah Borderlands has that issue too and aside from a few enemies, I never found it to be that big of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom