• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frith

is writing on a board even handwriting?
its more like sign writing
is it roughly the same as your normal smaller handwriting? seems like it would be a different skill almost

i hate my handwriting the thought of writing on a board is giving me horrible school flashbacks

jaina

is it roughly the same as your normal smaller handwriting? seems like it would be a different skill almost

i hate my handwriting the thought of writing on a board is giving me horrible school flashbacks
yeah, I remember writing on a chalkboard being very different and weird.

Schools still have chalkboards?

Or whiteboards. I can think of a number of schools I've subbed in that didn't have overhead projectors or even those TVs on carts.

I've found the two tie together pretty strongly for me. Regardless, I also have to leave notes for teachers and I don't have a printer in my back pocket.

popo

If it were not for the job losses then the Fable news would be good. If games are not up to scratch then I would rather they were cancelled and not just sent out to die. Real people lost jobs though so I can't feel happy about the outcome.

Wow gamespot is really sinking its video side I guess.

They left, rather than got laid-off. GS started advertising for a new video hire about a month ago - so likely as soon as the leavers gave notice.

jaina

They left, rather than got laid-off. GS started advertising for a new video hire about a month ago - so likely as soon as the leavers gave notice.
Not being able to retain your talent is another issue. But in start-up bay area and especially with twitch around the block it's probably not easy.

Brashnir

I will definitely have to check that out, then. I would kill for a new Pirates-style game. Not like Black Flag, though.

oh no, it's not new! It was like... a 486-era PC game.

But yeah, I'd love a new game like that. Rebel Galaxy is probably the most recent similar game, despite a way-different theme.

Lombax

Banned
Do any of you duders have resources for improving handwriting? I've noticed a decline in clarity when it comes to my cursive no doubt brought on by the fact that 90% of my correspondence is typed these days.

IMG_20160307_144456.jpg

pizzacat

Banned
watched an old tnt

I forgot how good Ryan was at keeping a show together.

Giantbomb really misses him.
I was watching this live stream they did where it was just Jeff, Ryan and Rory the other day.

They were kinda drunk it was great, Jeff cracking up over "She got a prison body" still gets me lmaoo

I was watching this live stream they did where it was just Jeff, Ryan and Rory the other day.

They were kinda drunk it was great, Jeff cracking up over "She got a prison body" still gets me lmaoo
That's the best livestream. You can scrub to any point in that video and when you hit play it'll be solid gold.

When I think of all the time spent and pain caused by learning and practicing cursive in school I get angry. The only thing you need cursive for is to write your signature, and mine is barely legible.

omgkitty

When I think of all the time spent and pain caused by learning and practicing cursive in school I get angry. The only thing you need cursive for is to write your signature, and mine is barely legible.

Middle school: "Oh you have to learn how to use cursive and use it on every single assignment or it won't be counted because you'll need to use it in high school."

High school: "Yeah we don't give a fuck"

Strax

I was just the on cusp of my school using PCs for stuff. My first essay was handwritten and I was 10 or 11 and after that...

Floppies.

the fuck you people doing writing shit on paper and then posting it onto an internet forum.

use a keyboard you savages

Am I the only one who can't read cursive?

Looks like the scrawls of an 8 year old to me.

it might be faster to write but it sure makes me squint like crazy trying to read someone's loopy words

Lunar FC

I was drilled to use curisve all elementary/middle school so much that my print ended up getting so terrible. So cursive is all I can use. :(

daydream

Banned
that's my 'i took my time' cursive, too

when i take notes for private use only, letters like u, i, w or n will look like a straight line to the untrained eye

congrats on writing comic sans, stump

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
cursive is the writing of a child. I have awful penmanship tho. Lombax however, that's some good shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom