• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody in here play the div yets? How's it treating yah?

Played about 4 hours yesterday and really enjoyed my time with it, I'm sceptical about it's staying power once the story is out of the way but even if I drop it after that I don't think I'll be all that disappointed.

Was this already posted in here? Because it's pretty great.

Ux1knxQ.jpg

TraBuch

Banned
No Man's Sky hinges 100% on its late-game content. If the entire game is just go to a planet, get materials, build a better ship, go to the next planet, repeat, I'm not interested.

More of these types of games need to be like Terraria.

No Man's Sky hinges 100% on its late-game content. If the entire game is just go to a planet, get materials, build a better ship, go to the next planet, repeat, I'm not interested.

More of these types of games need to be like Terraria.

I don't know, I agree with you because Terraria really benefited from those boss encounters, but at the same time those encounters were really shitty when it comes to design. They felt tacked on to me, which is weird to say because you can see how much went into their designs.

But definitely, if it's just moving from planet to planet I don't think I can be interested in that.

Wunder

I don't know, I agree with you because Terraria really benefited from those boss encounters, but at the same time those encounters were really shitty when it comes to design. They felt tacked on to me, which is weird to say because you can see how much went into their designs.

But definitely, if it's just moving from planet to planet I don't think I can be interested in that.

yeah you need some set pieces to break the monotony apart. Even if it's not like "go to this planet and find Boss A" and more of an emergent/activation kind of thing, there needs to be something that is hugely different from the moment to moment gameplay

I guess the question then is if the police robots are interesting enough, but all of it is sounding so samey from location to location. Like it's cool that you're able to generate so many worlds but why give a shit if all you're doing is looking for that one vein of metal that you need to get to the next place?

I guess the question then is if the police robots are interesting enough, but all of it is sounding so samey from location to location. Like it's cool that you're able to generate so many worlds but why give a shit if all you're doing is looking for that one vein of metal that you need to get to the next place?

i dunno, your argument is similar to the WHAT DO I DO thing that people say about minecraft all of the time. It's all about making it your own space journey.

At least NMS appears to have some direction to it, a thin slice of narrative that should be more than enough for most folks. I never got into Minecraft or Terreria but i got their appeal. The closest I got to either was Steamworld Dig and, yes, i know it's not the same but I liked the parts that it lifted from the other games.

i dunno, your argument is similar to the WHAT DO I DO thing that people say about minecraft all of the time. It's all about making it your own space journey.

Eh, in Minecraft and Terraria I could always build something when I got bored.

I'd rather be able to set up shop on a planet and study its biome somehow. Maybe something like that is in and I just have to wait for impressions to come out more.

I've been playing Rondo of Blood and that game is kinda hard.

Can't wait to see Vinny try chapter 6.

Yeah, I was saying earlier that he'll easily spend whole episodes on certain stages, like
boss rush stage and crumbling bridge stage

I mean it feels so fucking rewarding when you can master a stage to the point that you reach the boss of one of those later stages without so much as losing a life and taking maybe just one hit or something but there can be quite a bit of repetition to get to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom