• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Oh maaaaaaan I really hope at some point the three of them roll into the Dark Zone and just kill the shit out of people.

I hope they plan an intricate ambush on an evacuation party and then get completely shat on and hunted down, forcing them to get out of the Dark Zone as fast as possible.

I hope they plan an intricate ambush on an evacuation party and then get completely shat on and hunted down, forcing them to get out of the Dark Zone as fast as possible.

One thing that has really done the game a disservice is people who don't know what they're doing going into the DZ, getting slaughtered, and then complaining about it.

One thing that has really done the game a disservice is people who don't know what they're doing going into the DZ, getting slaughtered, and then complaining about it.

I'm not sure what else people would expect from that area, at least from what I played in the beta. You kind of have to embrace the PVP chaos and accept that you'll probably get shot in the back/ganged up on a lot. I thought it was great.

Wunder

Hey don't get me wrong, I'll kill those people and take their shit, but I don't care for people wanting to neuter the DZs because of it.

oh yeah that'd be bad. I would hope Ubisoft recognize that the Dark Zone is their only real end-game hook so far though, so neutering it would be a bad move before more content is released.

I'm not sure what else people would expect from that area, at least from what I played in the beta. You kind of have to embrace the PVP chaos and accept that you'll probably get shot in the back/ganged up on a lot. I thought it was great.

oh yeah that'd be bad. I would hope Ubisoft recognize that the Dark Zone is their only real end-game hook so far though, so neutering it would be a bad move before more content is released.

Yeah the DZ is great! During the second beta after it was open to everyone, though, the players of the first beta ate the newbies alive and there was a lot of bitching about it.

jambo

austin "smart cover" walker

MQmEnEl.jpg

I agree about the ambiguity of the armor number. If some gear increases my health that's good, but how do I know if that's actually better than my other gear if the armor number goes down?

See, I like Borderlands a lot, but borderlands is fucking wacky as shit. This just seems too self-serious to me.

Definitely. I'd take a Destiny or a Borderlands over The Division, but The Division also plays to my enjoyment of playing a role better than either of those. I can go full on medic and support playstyle in The Division. The game can also be gorgeous but I think being tied to a real world setting is going to hurt it in the long run. The best part of a loot driven game is getting the wacky and powerful gear. The Division can do powerful, but it can't do wacky. There's only so many ways to make an AK47 unique and compelling.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
God, the game isn't really my kind of game anyway but it just looks so boring.

I was bored to tears but any time you give me an assault rifle and a series of dudes to shoot I'm more or less done with the game. Everything about it seemed really well made when I played the beta, if I had completely opposite tastes to mine I could see myself liking it.

Not sure how anyone can care about the loot in this game.

"Oh, shit look at this blue that just dropped! Oh, another AK".

"Oh, shit look at this new trendy coat I just got, it's just like my old coat except orange".

Aaron

Except for the smaller projects, Ubisoft games have a serious lack of personality and individuality. Maybe it's a result of having a billion people work on a project, but there's no directorial touch in any of this, and for some reason that makes all their games seem boring beyond belief. Every Assassin's Creed since Brotherhood has seemed tedious to me.

Lunar FC

So just saw the cutscene early on where
the plane thingy blows up
but the game just stayed on a black screen after that and I was forced to restart. Now Idk wtf I'm supposed to be doing.

Edit: wroooooong thread.

I totally get why people wouldn't like The Division. It works for me, though. In the QL they weren't really using cover, which is a shame because it works great.

tell meeeee

Destiny at least has some interesting set pieces and style. Warframe is free and is continually updated. Borderlands is fine and I actually like the plot and style of 2 over 1. MH4U is a great game. It depends on what you're looking for in the games I suppose. Maybe the Division works for you, like Sleeping, but I just don't find it interesting or attractive at all.

Doop

Not sure how anyone can care about the loot in this game.

"Oh, shit look at this blue that just dropped! Oh, another AK".

"Oh, shit look at this new trendy coat I just got, it's just like my old coat except orange".

Yeah, I agree. It feels a lot less rewarding when the new gun you get isn't some crazy design you haven't seen before. I don't know how The Division does it, but I'm assuming most guns look the same aside from paint job. Also it makes it a lot harder to believe stat bonuses and shit. With a fantasy sword or sci-fi gun I can at least pretend there's a reason why the bullets hurt more, or why sometimes a bullet does a ton more damage for no real reason.

Guys, there's a new Monster Hunter this summer.

As someone who has put almost 300 hours into MonHun games, I could not be more pumped. Give me those alternate Switch Axe play styles.

I'm so hype but I'm blind on everything about it. All I know is that dodge lancing got a hell of a lot more badass and I'm thrilled.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, if they based their entire loot on what people on styleforum would wear I can get into that.

"Oh shit, I got a YSL shirt. Now I can look like a toolbag with too much money!"

Probably fits the new york aesthetic too.

Yeah, I agree. It feels a lot less rewarding when the new gun you get isn't some crazy design you haven't seen before. I don't know how The Division does it, but I'm assuming most guns look the same aside from paint job. Also it makes it a lot harder to believe stat bonuses and shit. With a fantasy sword or sci-fi gun I can at least pretend there's a reason why the bullets hurt more, or why sometimes a bullet does a ton more damage for no real reason.

Shooting just regular human dudes 100+ times just because they have purple text above their heads in this true to life setting is hilarious, yeah.

Guys, there's a new Monster Hunter this summer.

As someone who has put almost 300 hours into MonHun games, I could not be more pumped. Give me those alternate Switch Axe play styles.

I hear the new MH gives you a some loot even if you kill the monster and it doesn't give you the thing you want. Might encourage me to give it another try when it hits a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom