• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Ok what Dan said makes no sense at all. The whole point is Drew playing through the games, saying that if he was playing at home he'd stop so that's kind of the end means he would have stopped half way through MGS1

I hope Drew keeps playing after he figures out what Chapter 2 is about. There is some great missions/moments in there once you bypass the layers of mess. I think Dan and Jason can guide him through it to see the good parts without the hassle of the bad stuff

Oh...

I just realised Kerbal is set to go live three hours later than the norm.

Vinny must have uploaded the video when on the west coast

Damn west coast!

MG310

Drew:

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f557064596b56492e6a7067

I hope they play the replay missions off-screen and make the remaining story missions as part of one massive final episode (or more, depending on how long they are).

tesqui

I really hope Drew actually plays the rest of the main story missions as opposed to watching a youtube video of it. One mission in particular needs to be played not just watched.

yami4ct

I really hope Drew actually plays the rest of the main story missions as opposed to watching a youtube video of it. One mission in particular needs to be played not just watched.

I really want to see him play the
Final Quiet mission.

It's so unbelievably terrible. Probably the worst thing I played in a game last year. I want to see the hilarity of Drew trying to tackle it. That might take a couple episodes in itself.

jaina

The missions 43 and 45 would be really interesting to watch. Getting there doesn't take too long, but needs some determination.
Looks like we're all talking about the same missions here :)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I really want to see him play the
Final Quiet mission.

It's so unbelievably terrible. Probably the worst thing I played in a game last year. I want to see the hilarity of Drew trying to tackle it. That might take a couple episodes in itself.
Was it really tho? It's a basic setup but I finished it in two tries. I like those kind of levels tho. Super tense and frantic.

Felt real.

Was it really tho? It's a basic setup but I finished it in two tries. I like those kind of levels tho. Super tense and frantic.

Felt real.
Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed it. People always shit on it but I thought it was one of the more enjoyable missions in the game.

yami4ct

Felt real.

As someone who built pure stealth, it was absolute horseshit. Random 1 shot kills, horrendous checkpointing and just general terrible fuckery. Only way I got through was by memorizing the reinforcement patterns and sniping out the biggest threats before they could land. Under normal circumstances? I had zero chance. Just generally bad level design.

You know what's not fun? Sitting behind cover while reloading and having a tank that you had zero way of knowing was pulling up 1 shot you while you still are under cover.

Seriously, Fuck that mission.

yami4ct

Well luckily drew isn't built for pure stealth then. :p

Seeing how he plays when shit goes down, he's still going to have major issues dealing with wave after wave of reinforcements. You basically have to play that mission super carefully or you'll get 1-shotted.

Xiraiya

As someone who built pure stealth, it was absolute horseshit. Random 1 shot kills, horrendous checkpointing and just general terrible fuckery. Only way I got through was by memorizing the reinforcement patterns and sniping out the biggest threats before they could land. Under normal circumstances? I had zero chance. Just generally bad level design.

You know what's not fun? Sitting behind cover while reloading and having a tank that you had zero way of knowing was pulling up 1 shot you while you still are under cover.

Seriously, Fuck that mission.
By that point I just snuck out and fulton'ed vehicles, it's a tough mission but it's not really bullshit, the worst thing about it is ironically the ground soldiers.
They go too easy on you in the open world, so missions like that are a punch to the face as a change of pace.

By the time you reach the last few missions of the game, you can stroll across the entirety of Aghanistan/Africa and wipe everything out with basically your starting gear, I can't begin to imagine how much more of a joke the difficulty would be with Reflex mode.

I even tried to get Enemy preparedness at Max by deliberately getting caught and having drawn out battles, eventually they either lose interest or you end up killing them.

I wanted the state of my game to essentially become that Mission but at a global scale.

Xater

They are done with MGSV? Don't care how they are done I am just glad they are now free for other stuff. This series should have never happened.

yami4ct

Wait, are they really done with Metal Gear Scanlon 5? Confirmed?

From that sticker? Weird.

They are done with MGSV? Don't care how they are done I am just glad they are now free for other stuff. This series should have never happened.

Nope. They are going to find the best critical path and show the rest on a future episode(s). There really should only be 1-3 more to go.

hamchan

Cant really skip act 2 of MGSV really. I think there's more actual story stuff in it even though you just repeat missions from act 1. Those act 1 missions are all just generic anyways.

Jintor

Felt real.

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed it. People always shit on it but I thought it was one of the more enjoyable missions in the game.

It was a terrible mission because that wasn't the metal gear I had been playing up until that point and there was no clever way to make it into that either.

ALSO you couldn't go in, find out what it was, and then back out. Once you started it you were stuck with what you had. You couldn't equip a launcher and come back so you'd always start with a launcher. You had to drop a launcher in every time. Singlehandedly drained all my bmp, not that it mattered but it was kinda irritating.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I must say, at least MGSV retains that metal gear trait where there are terms and phrases that are really fun to say. Even as a guy who has never played the game I really like saying some of the words and phrases in this game.

Rlan

I've not really cared for any of the Endurance-Run-esque stuff this past year. Metal Gear Scanlon, Kerbal, Vinnyvania & Playdate's I've basically skipped entirely.

Demo Disc Derby, Old Game Show, and Ranking of Fighters is why I come here. Just jumping into some weird stuff is great, never know what's coming up next.

I imagine I'm quite the minority though? It seems like the playthroughs get more comments, at least. Maybe I'd prefer if they cut them down to more 30 minute chunks instead of two hours.

It was a terrible mission because that wasn't the metal gear I had been playing up until that point and there was no clever way to make it into that either.

ALSO you couldn't go in, find out what it was, and then back out. Once you started it you were stuck with what you had. You couldn't equip a launcher and come back so you'd always start with a launcher. You had to drop a launcher in every time. Singlehandedly drained all my bmp, not that it mattered but it was kinda irritating.

I think I had a different experience from most because despite mainly playing stealth I was still researching the non stealth gear.
MALE

TO FEMALE

COPULATION

WOLBACHIA

yami4ct

Demo Derby is only cool when they're talking over dumb developer videos or E3 marketing montages.

Demo Derby is the best thing when Jeff is on. All those random weird old game knowledge drops. Never gets old.

Pre-Jeff, Demo Derby was kind of super boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom