• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a cynic, but "It's unlikely for you to come across other players" sounds like a pretty convenient reason for the developers to not make any meaningful player-to-player interaction in NMS.

Like you couldn't message a friend and go "yo meet me on the third moon of Diksuckia" or something.

Call me a cynic, but "It's unlikely for you to come across other players" sounds like a pretty convenient reason for the developers to not make any meaningful player-to-player interaction in NMS.

Like you couldn't message a friend and go "yo meet me on the third moon of Diksuckia" or something.

That's not the kind of game they want to make. The comparisons to Journey they make are not an accident.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Besides playing games with other people is the worst. Journey was a perfect game with the right amount of interaction.

Does anyone here have the gif where Dan has a waluigi plush and makes him do a jerking off motion? I need it. For reasons

2720729-dan-wa.gif

yami4ct

Besides playing games with other people is the worst. Journey was a perfect game with the right amount of interaction.

I was completely against multiplayer until I got into MonHun. I definitely found I liked Co-Op play better than competitive. It helps that I pretty much play MonHun with mic turned off and using expressions.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Is it my podcast app or is something wierd going on in the premium RSS feed? I just got notice of like 10+ new items and they are all old episodes of stuff that I def already listened to. Is my phone haunted or did anyone else see that?

Martal

Neo Member
I asked this and the answer is, apparently, that Japanese people think German is cool (and Dracula kinda comes from there - it is all Europe whatevers).

As to the second part. Vinny was learning Italian. I believe Drew was learning German.

He went back because he has family there and to one day buy a house. Turns out houses are expensive even in Chicago. He rented somewhere but I guess he wasn't saving enough.

Of course I have no idea how big his parents house is. I assume decent. Not like it will be Patrick, his wife, the dog and his mother all in a one bedroom apartment. That would be a good pitch for a sitcom though. This fall on CBS ...

Ok so everything is still alright with that? I only asked in the first place because I feared something might have happened with the marriage. Hope all is well.

yami4ct

I've never heard of it either.

Serious question, did you mess around with Windows much in the XP or earlier days? MineSweeper, SkiFree, Windows Solitaire are all big because Windows was everywhere and people would mess with built in shit. I imagine a good portion of people knowing those games comes from finding the built in games during computer lab classes and messing around instead of doing whatever you were supposed to be up to.

Serious question, did you mess around with Windows much in the XP or earlier days? MineSweeper, SkiFree, Windows Solitaire are all big because Windows was everywhere and people would mess with built in shit. I imagine a good portion of people knowing those games comes from finding the built in games during computer lab classes and messing around instead of doing whatever you were supposed to be up to.

I remember MInesweeper and Solitaire.

But no skifree.

Sorry skifree. (Fuck you skifree)

yami4ct

I'm just going to mention Hover! so it isn't completely forgotten.

That's the weird hovercar maze game that came on the Windows 98(?) disc right? So good. I played way too much of that as a kid. That actually might be one of my first PC games.

JJDubz

That's the weird hovercar maze game that came on the Windows 98(?) disc right? So good. I played way too much of that as a kid. That actually might be one of my first PC games.

95 I think, but yeah I used to take the disk to my friends house to play it. It was definitely one of my first Windows games.

oti

Banned

Yeah! And no dances in NMS? Screw that game! I thought it was Second Life in space.

Lunar FC

Welp. I've got a name for the first planet I find now.

yami4ct

95 I think, but yeah I used to take the disk to my friends house to play it. It was definitely one of my first Windows games.

That was probably it. I remember I used to play it on our first Desktop, a Gateway.

The only PC game I can remember playing earlier was a DOS Mickey Mouse game I used to play on a computer at my Mom's work, but I cannot remember what it was.

yami4ct

That's the one with Funny Valentine right? I love that American fucker.

He's from Steel Ball Run, Part 7.

That part is so weird, it wasn't even labeled as a JoJo series until a good way through the run. It's also pretty incredible as well. It's not as good as Part 4, but great in its own right.

He's from Steel Ball Run, Part 7.

That part is so weird, it wasn't even labeled as a JoJo series until a good way through the run. It's also pretty incredible as well. It's not as good as Part 4, but great in its own right.

Damn, still a while away then.

Jojo is prettttty great so far. I've known the gist of it for a while, but goddamn what a wild ride.

yami4ct

Damn, still a while away then.

Jojo is prettttty great so far. I've known the gist of it for a while, but goddamn what a wild ride.

The best JoJo is yet to come. From here, Part 5 is really the only part I don't like. 4,6,7 and 8 are all super cool. I really hope they do go all the way through Part 7. Given the way the series is set up, ending after Part 6 would make some good narrative sense. If the series continues to be successful, I guess they'd have zero reason to quit.

Jojo is the absolute best.

All I know about Part 4 is there's something that happens with spaghetti. I'm so excited.

The final villain stand in Part 4 is probably my favorite villain stand in the franchise. My god it's awesome. Araki starts with this simple idea that's easy to understand and blows it out in a way that's insane, but somehow makes sense.

popo

I heard of SkiFree but never played it. I don't think it shipped with vanilla windows over here.

I was all about Horace goes Skiing though.

Anyone remember Nibbles on MS-DOS?

[]

Q Basic.

Ok so everything is still alright with that? I only asked in the first place because I feared something might have happened with the marriage. Hope all is well.

AFAIK they are all good. They all lived together when he first moved out there.

Tubobutts

The Skifree Yeti was pretty scary, but not nearly as scary as the evil snowballs from Treasure Mathstorm!

The sound they made was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom